It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
Hmm, interesting. Now we just have to work out what percentage might reasonably constitute 'consensus' (as there is never full agreement on anything) and if the American population qualifies as a body of 'reasonable, rational people'

Well, that's always going to be a problem. Most people don't really have a firm grasp or knowledge of all the available evidence (or lack thereof), or understand logical argument. But surprisingly, if you give them proper instruction, give them the evidence, and let them think about it, most people understand the difference between a "belief" and a "fact." You can't really get that from man-on-the-street polls.

Present them with the proper evidence and make sure they understand the quality of that evidence, and you'll probably find that like the folks here, they believe and would like to have alien life exist, but they would admit that the objective evidence is lacking. So no consensus about "existence."

link   
Aliens do not exist?

Whew! I'm glad thats finally settled!

link   
reply to post by hornum

but there is no proof it made a sound it could be speculated and might even be proven it fell but as for it making a sound if no one heard it then obviously no proof...

whats my point you know it made a sound because you might have heard a tree fall before so you know trees dont fall silently...well now apply this same way of thinking to the universe if there is one planet orbiting around with life on it then there is another planet with life on it why? because that is how nature works if there is a bug then there will be something to eat it

with every living thing there is a living thing to negate it checks and balances through life so if that exists here then it exists everywhere!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by hornum

You and Blueshift......

What do you mean, "Take a look around, no aliens?"

I live in Memphis TN....If I take a look around, I will see other Tenneseans...I won't be able to see any Asians, Africans, or Austrailians....Whoa...does that mean that they don't exist???

Yep, I agree with another poster on here that said you both need to go back to grade school and take basic science and math

Everyone else on here including me should really ignore you. This is your call for help, so to speak...you really know the possiblities exists, its just that you are so mad that they haven't knocked on your door. You really just want to see an extraterrestrial up close that you are really just speaking out of frustration.....

Are you serious? Asians, Africans and Australians exist! Because we have proof of this! There is no proof of aliens!

Why would I go back to school and learn basic science and math when I did just fine in the first place. I am not calling for help. The reason I posted this is because people like you do! I know I will not have an ET knock at my door because they don't exist! Ignore me unless you can come up with a better argument.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hornum

That is crazy. I have an opinion and my opinion is "They Don't" all I seem to be getting from people is that "I'm ignorant" which is so far from the truth its "crazy". I was a believer for many years until recently. Everyone has their opinion and I respect theirs so why not mine? I probably created this thread in the wrong section but my point was to open up the fact that what is really going on is man made not other worldly.

I was basing on comment on statements like this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well as some of those in the "UFO and Aliens Forum. Read before posting" thread.

As someone else has pointed out, your thread title is a bald, provocative statement "Aliens do not exist!" and you haven't provided evidence to back it up. So what's the point? Threads like this just serve no purpose.

I do think the position that UFO's are actually man made is a reasonable one, but again, let's hear you argue the case rather than just state it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by hornum

but there is no proof it made a sound it could be speculated and might even be proven it fell but as for it making a sound if no one heard it then obviously no proof...

whats my point you know it made a sound because you might have heard a tree fall before so you know trees dont fall silently...well now apply this same way of thinking to the universe if there is one planet orbiting around with life on it then there is another planet with life on it why? because that is how nature works if there is a bug then there will be something to eat it

with every living thing there is a living thing to negate it checks and balances through life so if that exists here then it exists everywhere!

This will be the last time I will answer silly constructs like yours. There is NO proof life exists anywhere else in the universe! None!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Threads like this just serve no purpose.

Entertainment, maybe. And if I beat them over the head long enough, possibly one or two people might come around to MY way of thinking.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

there is no proof you exist...for all i know you are a ai computer programmed to scan the net for conspiracy theorists and try to brainwash them into thinking what the gov.wants

not saying you are but there is no proof your not either!

see the ignorace in it...UNTIL YOU TAKE A GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH SPACE TO SEARCH FRO LIFE IN EVERY SOLAR SYSTEM YOU CANNOT PROVE THEY (((((((DONT))))))) EXIST
good day to you sir!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That is crazy. I have an opinion and my opinion is "They Don't" all I seem to be getting from people is that "I'm ignorant" which is so far from the truth its "crazy". I was a believer for many years until recently. Everyone has their opinion and I respect theirs so why not mine? I probably created this thread in the wrong section but my point was to open up the fact that what is really going on is man made not other worldly.

I was basing on comment on statements like this one:

As well as some of those in the "UFO and Aliens Forum. Read before posting" thread.

As someone else has pointed out, your thread title is a bald, provocative statement "Aliens do not exist!" and you haven't provided evidence to back it up. So what's the point? Threads like this just serve no purpose.

I do think the position that UFO's are actually man made is a reasonable one, but again, let's hear you argue the case rather than just state it

The evidence is all around you...No aliens! My belief is alot more sound than people who believe in such things. There is pleanty of evidence to show they are man made. Take a look at the SR71 which is no longer in use. It was in service from 1964 to 1998 and was capable of mach 3+ this is was an aircraft they let us know about after a while because we need to see where all those dollars go.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Ok....you say we have proof of Africans, Asians, and Austrailains...

What proof? Have you traveled to those places, saw one and captured him or her???

My point is, till you actually go there yourself and touch one, you are really assuming that they are there based off of people telling you...you use logic and may have known credible people who have traveled there and told you. I guess you have proof because we can get on a plane and go there....

but because you can't get on a spaceship , extraterrestrials don't exist?

So really you are feeling that unless we can travel to a place, beings can't exist in that place??

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looks like I've been trolled. Hard.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I probably created this thread in the wrong section.

Yes you created this thread in the wrong section, since Aliens (Extraterrestial Beings)
are a hoax because according to you Aliens don't exist, they are just delusions of the
sick people known as abductees, false stories created to deceive people then this
thread belongs to the ATS Hoax section. Contact your moderator and request the
change immediately to avoid confusions among the people.

By the way, why don't you write a formal petition to the ATS administrators and request
this Aliens and UFOs Forum to be closed forever because if you belive that Aliens and
UFOs don't exist then this forum is a nonsense and may be spreading disinformation,
don't you think?

I suggest you don't ask for solid definitive proof, you wouldn't like some grey aliens to
visit you in your bedroom one of these nights, that won't be pleasant.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Man, I have to salute you how you have kept your cool amongst these insults you're getting. It is beyond me how people get so touchy on subjects like this. It's like you have insulted their God or something. Scary. Anyway, keep it up!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Like the previous poster stated, proove YOU exist...

Ex:

My brother and I were talking about you and he says you don't exist. I told him that really really do and that you have a thread on ATS and he says you could be a computer for disinfo

Please proove to him that you exist

Now......the point is this.... are you about to stop what you are doing, leave you family and home and take a long journey to Memphis TN , find my brother and stand in front of him just because he does not believe you exists????

Sounds absurd, huh?

you would be feeling like " Well F' your brother. I ain't gotta proove myself to him. I got other important things to do"

I'm sure an exterrestrial race feels the same way

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by hornum

Ok....you say we have proof of Africans, Asians, and Austrailains...

What proof? Have you traveled to those places, saw one and captured him or her???

My point is, till you actually go there yourself and touch one, you are really assuming that they are there based off of people telling you...you use logic and may have known credible people who have traveled there and told you. I guess you have proof because we can get on a plane and go there....

but because you can't get on a spaceship , extraterrestrials don't exist?

So really you are feeling that unless we can travel to a place, beings can't exist in that place??

Yes I have traveled to those places but that is not why I believe them to exist. My opinion is that when the mainstream travels they will find NO intelligent life. Maybe microbial life(Which does not mean Intelligence must exist). It is more logical in my opinion that we are unique in the universe than to believe that there are others.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by hornum

Man, I have to salute you how you have kept your cool amongst these insults you're getting. It is beyond me how people get so touchy on subjects like this. It's like you have insulted their God or something. Scary. Anyway, keep it up!

Not sure where these insults are coming from, but then again I haven't read the entire thread.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that "our" "God" has been insulted.

I don't have a "God," I don't work that way.

However, this thread is so contradictory it's led me to believe it's simply here out of trolling.

I am curious as to why you're supporting someone making claims of one thing with no "proof" of it, who is also claiming that something doesn't exist because there is no "proof" of it existing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

No one is getting touchy, so get it right

We are making comments, as he wants us to do...That was his point to post something like this in the first place.

We actually are laughing at the ignorance of his thread title as well as attempts to get proof.

If I didn't believe in zombies, for example, I would never ask someone to show me 'proof', like they have a zombie hogtied in ther closet or something. Instead I will express my logic and bounce it off of theirs. Mabe they could change my point of view, maybe they couldn't. But I wouldn't need a picture of them chillin at the club with a zombie....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

If you want to change the parameters of the example I gave, go ahead. We have some vague theories as to how life came to be on Earth, but none of them have been proven. We still don't have a clue. And there is plenty of water, even on Earth, that is completely sterile. In fact, you could take a gallon of water filled with already put-together DNA and shake it for a long, long time and there's no guarantee it will form life real, moving, replicating life that has motivation and a point of view.

That is silly. Your argument is based on your inability to grasp the complexity of our situation. The fact that life isn't popping out of a plastic bag filled with water and dna chains proves nothing. Evolution would appear to take a very long time. Much longer than an appropiate experiment allows. Therefore, scientists use other methods in studying earth's history.

So unless you can tell me the specific mechanism of how the marble appeared in my pocket, I'm still going to have to say that the size of the pocket isn't going to automatically make me assume that there's another marble in it. That's cold logic, but that's the way it is.

Whatever you say boss. The fact remains that we are carbon life forms and carbon is not a rare element. The fact remains we see countless other stars out there like our own sun. The fact remains that the universe is ridiculously old giving plenty of time for multicellular organisms to evolve and die out many times over.

AND the fact remains that there have been significant unusual sightings that cannot be explained by terrestrial technology nor natural phenomena. If you elminate the conventional, then you must consider the unconventional.

Maybe there are aliens. But "maybe" doesn't mean there are. Now, show me a spectrogram of a planet with exactly the same chemical composition of Earth,

If that is what you require for belief then that what you require. Some people might not be happy with a spectrogram of an alien planet. They might require a white house landing. You seem like an intelligent guy Blue Shift so I'll assume you realize that life isn't always fair and we don't always get it the way we want it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by hornum

Like the previous poster stated, proove YOU exist...

Ex:

My brother and I were talking about you and he says you don't exist. I told him that really really do and that you have a thread on ATS and he says you could be a computer for disinfo

Please proove to him that you exist

Now......the point is this.... are you about to stop what you are doing, leave you family and home and take a long journey to Memphis TN , find my brother and stand in front of him just because he does not believe you exists????

Sounds absurd, huh?

you would be feeling like " Well F' your brother. I ain't gotta proove myself to him. I got other important things to do"

I'm sure an exterrestrial race feels the same way

Do you understand what you are saying is ridiculous? The fact is I could fly to TN to see your brother face to face. The fact is an alien isnt!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Do you understand what you are saying is ridiculous? The fact is I could fly to TN to see your brother face to face. The fact is an alien isnt!

That's an assumption, not a 'fact'.

You assume his brother exists and then talk about being able to fly to see him. Perhaps he made this brother up?

What people are trying to point out is that you routinely make assumptions which you accept as fact so there is a degree of inconsistency in your position.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Malcram]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join