It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: Why is BP taking ALL the blame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm all for free enterprise, but there's a vast difference between free enterprise
and an all out, free for all.

These industry giants have proven to us that the chicken guarding the hen house
does not work.

The cheap and dirty, anything goes mentality is what has caused all of this grief for so many
hard working, play by the rules people.

I realize there are well run responsible businesses too, but what got us to where we are now
are the scoundrels who only cared about profits.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

My friend, I do not fall for any of the so call socialized propaganda going on this days since Obama won the presidency, US has always been run by corporate corruption and will always be.

As long as big money walks the halls of Washington congress and pay into politicians campaign with donations and soft money is not such thing as socialization.

Now I have to retract my former statement, yes is a kind of socialization that has been going on for decades and that is when the government is passing the debt to the tax payer, now more than ever in the name of bailouts.

We are just supporting the wealthy and powerful for by force.

BP and Halliburton's Role in the Gulf Oil Disaster-- Well Casing Horror Story

How Halliburton should be held accountable for BP mess.

Despite warnings from its own engineers, "BP chose the more risky casing option, apparently because the liner option would have cost $7 to $10 million more and taken longer," Waxman and Stupak said.

In the brief e-mail, Morel said the company is likely to make last-minute changes in the well.

"We could be running it in 2-3 days, so need a relative quick response. Sorry for the late notice, this has been nightmare well which has everyone all over the place," Morel wrote.

BP apparently rejected advice of a subcontractor, Halliburton Inc., in preparing for a cementing job to close up the well. BP rejected Halliburton's recommendation to use 21 "centralizers" to make sure the casing ran down the center of the well bore. Instead, BP used six centralizers.

In an e-mail on April 16, a BP official involved in the decision explained: "It will take 10 hours to install them. I do not like this." Later that day, another official recognized the risks of proceeding with insufficient centralizers but commented: "who cares, it's done, end of story, will probably be fine."

www.opednews.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Logarock

My friend, I do not fall for any of the so call socialized propaganda going on this days since Obama won the presidency, US has always been run by corporate corruption and will always be.

I know you dont....read a lot of your posts.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Lets set this thing straight.

BP is solely responsible because they dictated to workers to keep working even though the BOP had problems weeks before the disaster. BP should have shut down, reported the problems to TransOceananic, so they could be fixed..but didn't. They were weeks and millions of dollars behind schedule and they did not want to stop. The BP people (upper management) told the workers not to worry about the BOP, that it was safe.

No one but BP made the decisions that led to this disaster but BP.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
James Fox: The BP Spill: What's Really Going On?

June 16, 2010

Documentary filmmaker James Fox is on the scene in the Gulf of Mexico, and finding that the cleanup is more of a coverup. Far less is being done than is needed.

Listen to 33 minute interview at the link.

www.unknowncountry.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join