It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: New Documents, Employees Reveal BP's Alaska Oilfield Plagued by Major Safety Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: New Documents, Employees Reveal BP's Alaska Oilfield Plagued by Major Safety Issues

www.truth-out.org

Nearly 5,000 miles from the oil-spill catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico, BP and its culture of cost-cutting are contributing to another environmental mess.

According to internal BP documents obtained by Truthout, and after interviewing more than a dozen employees over the past month, the Prudhoe Bay oil field, in a remote corner of North America on Alaska's north shore, is in danger.

After a serious oil spill last November and other mishaps, the BP employees fingered a long list of safety issues that have not been adequately addressed, making the Prudhoe Bay oilfield vulnerable to a dev
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Now Alaska is in danger. Where do BP greed stop? Allegedly, they are letting the pipes and equipment run down and break before doing the necessary repairs and replacement. A spill in that region would be more difficult to deal with, because of the meteorological conditions. I hope this problem is now taken seriously before another disaster strikes.

www.truth-out.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Won't you die, little planet ? Die ! Die !

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oracle,

Do you think that We, as a Planet of People..
will ever get the guts to Stand Up to these few
and take all of these crucial matters into our own hands.?
I sure hope so... and think so..
but sometimes do wonder...

gahhh.. this stuff pisses me off soo bad...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I believe as we evolve, we slowly get rid of the mentality of greed and destruction. It may take many generations before we get rid of the elite ruling us.
Unless of course something big (2012?) shuffles the cards.

new topics

top topics

join