It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, really, was the USS Liberty attacked by Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Very interesting article by Alan Hart who witnessed the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty

www.uruknet.info...

I know that one of the prices Liberty survivors pay for telling the truth is vilification by supporters of Israel right or wrong. The message sent to James Ennes was no doubt typical of many. "You are an anti-Semitic, Nazi bastard. Drop dead."

Those and similar other false and filthy charges come out of the mouths of people who have been brainwashed by Zionist propaganda and are beyond reason. I mean that they are not open to informed, honest and rational debate. And that, simply stated, is the reason why peace has not yet been possible in the Middle East and probably never will be.

The idea behind the Liberty’s deployment was that if it picked up messages indicating that Israel was re-deploying from the Sinai to launch major offensives in the north, and against Syria in particular, the evidence of Israeli intent and duplicity would be passed to Johnson, and that he would then pick up the 'phone to Prime Eshkol and say something like: "We know what your generals are up to. You must order them to stop, and if you don’t or can’t, I will."

Simply stated, the Liberty was on station as the Johnson administration’s insurance policy. It’s main mission was to prevent Israel going to war with Syria and possibly provoking a U.S-Soviet confrontation.

Dayan ordered the attack on the Liberty to prevent it giving the Johnson administration early warning of his intentions to extend the war.

As it happened, Israel’s last land grab of the war – the taking for keeping of the Syrian Golan Heights – DID provoke the threat of Soviet military intervention. For some hours there was the prospect of a superpower confrontation and possibly World War III. But at the brink, catastrophe was averted by use of the White House-Kremlin hot line.

Of all the evidence indicating that Dayan didn’t want any of the Liberty’s crew to live to tell the story, the most compelling in my view is the use of NAPALM during the attack. In Vietnam I saw what napalm can do. It reduces targeted human bodies to small piles of squelchy, black pulp.

So far as I am aware, the only honest piece of reporting in the American media in the immediate aftermarth of the attack was on 19 June in Newsweek’s "Periscope" section. A small item in that read as follows:

"Although Israel’s apologies were officially accepted, some high Washington officials believe the Israelis knew the Liberty’s capabilities and suspect that the attack might not have been accidental. One top-level theory holds that someone in the Israeli armed forces ordered the Liberty sunk because he suspected it had taken down messages showing that Israel started the fighting."

Only the truth can bring out the best of America, and there’s no better place to start than with the truth about Israel’s attack on the U.S.S. Liberty. I salute your efforts to make this truth known, If you can assist my efforts to promote it and other related truths, it might be possible to bring out the best of America before it’s too late for us all.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is HUGH. I think obama has his WW3 in sight

[edit on 17-6-2010 by cosmo740]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by cosmo740]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
More from the article...

www.uruknet.info...

I’ll start by telling you where I was on Thursday 8 June 1967. I was in the Sinai desert. I was the first Western correspondent to the banks of the Suez Canal with the advancing Israelis. On reflection some years later, I realised that what I witnessed in the desert, well out of sight and sound of the attack on the Liberty, was a key to understanding why America’s most advanced and sophisticated spy-ship (perhaps I should say intelligence-gathering platform) was attacked. I’ll come to what I witnessed in a moment.

First, and to provide some context to assist complete understanding, I must summarise very briefly the whole truth about that particular war. By elements in the mainstream media which peddle Zionist propaganda, and other elements of it which are terrified of offending Zionism either too much or at all, the Western world was conditioned to believe that Israel went to war because it was in danger of annihilation – "the driving in the sea of its Jews".

Zionism’s first assertion was that the Arabs started the war by attacking Israel. Zionism’s second story was that the Arabs were intending to attack and that in the name of self-defense, Israel had no option but to launch a pre-emptive strike because its very survival was at stake. Both those stories were big, fat, propaganda lies. The Arabs did not attack and were not intending to attack. It was a war of Israeli choice and aggression.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

What?? Its old news and well documented...

I heard the IDF pilots initially refused to engage because they knew it was a US ship...Then they were ordered to fire....

BTW, The Liberty was a "one of a kind" at the time and easily recognisable.

The IDF also jamned all thier communications and shot out the antenas.

AND, they were only saved because a RUSSIAN navy ship came to the rescue, go figure!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

It may be old news but lots of people still don't know what happened that day. The survivors of the USS Liberty are still waiting for justice 43 years later

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marmitenews

Yeah I know, I was just saying the other day,
my dad was in the war and he was over the other day.
I was telling him about conspiracies and he wasnt listening...

I had him watch a vid about the LIberty and he was shocked to hell...
Now he asks me questions

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If this had been a Russian spy ship during the cold war, monitoring a US military operation, Americans would have been glad to see it sunk with all the Russian crew killed.

What makes the USS Liberty incident totally outrageous, is that America was supposed to be a friend (never an ally) of Israel, and even worse, a US President and the US military deliberately covered it up.

It just goes to show what a collective pack of treacherous and treasonous scum bags both Israel and America are.

And why neither America or Israel have any formal allies these days.

Both Israel and America have continually proved to be totally treacherous and unworthy of loyalty by any other country.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Both Israel and America GOVERMENTS have continually proved to be totally treacherous and unworthy of loyalty by any other country.

I just added one word to correct your statement...

If the people really knew what their elected leaders have done,
I think the tree of liberty would be well watered....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
if they were so intent on sinking the ship, why did most if not all the torpedoes fired at the ship malfunction?

this cannot be a coincidence, maybe the fuzes were somehow susceptible to interference (remember, this was a spy ship, so at least some capability for EM warfare did likely exist) or, more likely, they wanted the ship afloat, but the crew dead (lost ships can't be explained away as easily as dead crew) the use of incendary bombs rather than high explosive is another indication the ship was supposed to stay afloat. besides, strafing a ship that size with aircraft cannon is not a serious attempt at sinking.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Good question and well thought out...

They could have sunk it in minutes if they wanted to....

Only question is, why didnt they want to sink it?

Johnson was rumoured to say he wanted that ^&^%$% ship at the bottom of the ocean....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I never considered the fact that they didn't sink the USS Liberty - great point!

How is the USS Liberty massacre covered in the US, are children taught about it in schools or is it just ignored?

top topics

join