It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chancellor has handed over powers to the Bank of England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
WOW....for those who thought the bank of England is owned by the Rothschilds
this news will come as no surprise.

FSA scrapped and all powers handed to bank of England. Regulatory powers will be returned to Threadneedle Street with the creation of three new bodies within the Bank to deliver prudential regulation of financial firms, financial stability, and consumer protection.

ITN news...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here we go. And so the dominoe effect starts.
Wonder which country is next? More powers to bank, more chains tying the people.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I find this amazing after recent events. Lots of people called for stricter regulations and transparency in banking so what happens? They hand all the power over to the central bank. How do they get away with this?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Most people think that their respective Central Bank is part of the government. They have no idea that their government has no power over it, they can only wisper advice but the bank doesn't have to listen to it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? The central banks local branches of the world government. Retail outlets of the Rothschild regime. National sovereignty ceased to have any meaning long, long ago. We're just now figuring that out. The question at hand is what can (and will) we do about it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
We all wanted stricter regulation, this was the main reason the debt got out of hand in the first place. The FSA never had any teeth and could only make suggestions.
We knew it was game over for the honest man when the torys came to power. They keep telling us that we are in serious trouble, only yesterday the figure of £22,000 was supposedly owed by every man, woman and child in Britain, my cheque for that amount must have got lost in the post. So tell me why the party of the RICH are giving themselves two massive tax breaks while the rest of us are expected to pay for their greed?

What about all the retoric the torys spewed on quangos, they have just got rid of one and made it into three. None of this is rocket science, its just the rich getting richer...

I've yet to see anyone responsible go to jail for wrecking the economy.
Forget justice, the guilty own everything including that...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

You have made a good point!

For me the banking regulators should be completely independent from any government intervention period. However we have yet to see an independent body in any main field not at least coerced by the powers that be.

I have a feeling that the rich will not suffer under Cameron's leadership but I have no idea how the poor people are going to survive.

Well we shall see what else the gov has in store for the banking "Lords".

The bankers stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the law makers. What a party that must be!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is the only piece of recent news that I genuinely believe to be part of the masterplan - George Osbourne on holiday several weeks ago with Peter Mandleson at the Rothschilds (Nat Rothschild was his classmate) - a month later he's at his fourth Bilderberg. The mass populace believe the Bank of England to be some sort of noble institution and probably just the people to see us through this financial mess. You see what we're up against?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Robert Reynolds]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

I agree. Just found out who Osbourne mixes with. Seems a little suspect. But we shall have to see what happens over the coming months!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think there will be riots within a year, look at the state of this country where you have our brave British soldiers getting spat on by so called religious fanatics that claim to be British when it suits them. Immigration doesn't affect the rich because they don't live with it, job losses don't affect the rich because it never happens to them, they are never priced out of the housing market because they dictate the market and the list goes on and on..

I tell you something the rich have NO! clue how angry the common man is right now because they live in ivory towers above it all. This is no time for the rich to be playing power games with the public finances, they will be shocked when we don't take it lying down, like our fathers did in the 80s...

The only real power is the people, I think they will begin to realize that soon enough....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Riots? I think the banning of our private weapons restricts us a little. However, I know a lot of we to do people some of whom I work with and they are appauled at the way the lower salary bracketed people get treated.

I am for people standing up for their rights....I have supported Government for years but there needs to be an action that assists the people of Britain before all other countries.

I am for keeping money in OUR country and not sending over seas to help others....we have out own problems at hand and right now I do not care for other countries and their problems. Harsh, but Cameron needs to show the British people he is in touch with reality and todays economy.

Bankers are the ones who should be held criminally responsible for stealing our money. Yet when a poor person goes to the bank for a loan they get DENIED! Take these people down.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ah, how the Rothchilds keep coming back like a bad case of herpes.......

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The global monopoly on monetary policy has never been subtle enough to hide. That's why they control the major media, and huge slices of the entertainment industry.

One of their 'celebrity' members recently warned them openly of the global awakening to their existence and agenda.

He was talking about us.

In the US, the Fed has narrowly escaped an audit which could have had the potential of unraveling the connections, which, if most sovereign countries were to scrutinize, would lead them to the conclusion that they have been utterly usurped by the global banking cartel.....

but the oil spill has all our attention now.... nes pa?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

As my post have said over and over I generally do not believe in Conspiracy theories and all that nonsense.

However, lately a few stories if true have peaked my interest. What puzzled me about this news story was the fact that with everything the financial system has to offer it has also been extremely abused. In fact the one group of people (BANKERS) we have relied on to keep its integrity are the very ones who have molested the system to utter failure for there own gain.

So now the new Chancellor goes and hands over all the power for them to regulate themselves. This defeats everything that we should of learnt.

Maybe, If I commit a crime of huge proportions, the police will just ask me to do the investigation and hand them the results when im done.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What interesting timing for this story.

In case anyone has not yet read this, check out the following thread to better understand TPTB (The Pretenders That Be) and the banking system. The deception runs very deep and affects us all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

I respect your position. You needn't call it a conspiracy theory, it is just a conspiracy.

Too much history confirms the actions of the cartel at the international level. Too little reason exists to justify fractional reserve lending as a model of monetary policy, at least insofar as considering it a benefit to 'everyone.'

I understand that it is at times replete with outrageous claims, but the theories sported around here are not all without merit.

And why we give the bankers free reign when we should be, at the very least, reigning them in, demonstrates that all is not as we are told.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Its also a little ironic that Osbourne appoints Hector Sants - CEO of the FSA - whom apparently he blames for not regulating the banks enough, for a further 3 years.

FT.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
Its also a little ironic that Osbourne appoints Hector Sants - CEO of the FSA - whom apparently he blames for not regulating the banks enough, for a further 3 years.

FT.com

I found that very weird too. Why not have a fresh set of people with qualifications that match the position. It seems a bit dodgy to me!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
I think there will be riots within a year, look at the state of this country where you have our brave British soldiers getting spat on by so called religious fanatics that claim to be British when it suits them.

I can not stand those people...and we know who we are talking about here. They insult our troops when towns gather to pay respects to the dead who have served the country. I am not normally so sympathetic to dead soldiers as they signed up to do that job....however for a group of religious freaks to parade around calling them murderers and burning the British Flag gets me super determined to stamp them out wherever we can!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'd Like to urge anyone interested to download free, a copy of a report compiled by the London based (ERC) Economic Research Council from 1981 (!!!!!) - Government Debt and Money Creation - which gave te following conclusion;

"If the Government had followed a policy of extensive
fiduciary control and had itself issued credit , rather than
allowing the banks to do so, it could, for example, have made
a net reduction over the period 1970-80 in the need for
Government borrowing from the £48,578 million (£48 Billion) Securities
issued to about £22,OOO million (£22 Billion), a saving of about £27.000
million (£27 Billion) on the national debt over the period.

The effect of implementing the proposed move now would
be that a net amount of £20,OOO million (£20 Billion) of national debt
could be cancelled. The consequent reduction of interest
payments on the national debt and, therefore, of taxation or
further borrowing required to meet these payments, would help
to bring about reflation without inflation."

The report is basically calling for the goverment to issue the money as opposed to the banks, something I'm personally in favour of. The ERC is a recognised body where ministers from all sides often attend to give lectures. I was very pleased to find such a report as I see it as giving credence to a growing call for this method of money creation. I encorage anyone with interest to download and reference it as often as possible, as I believe it helps counter the arguement that we are all crack pots with no idea what so ever about the issue.

Economic Research Council

the report can be found in the Historical Publications section

top topics

<<   2 >>

join