It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Paris Tunnels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Has anyone seen that special about those underground tunnels beneath Paris, that supposed "mole people" or some creature lives? I was talking about it with a friend but I can't find any information on it. Can anyone help me? There was a scientist who tried to find this stuff out but was lost along the way and someone found his camera. It was very "Blair-witchy" but this was actually real. Any help? Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
LOL they arent so secret!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Haven't heard of this i must say.

although i have heard of the ones in new york, especially those who live in the catacombs beneath Grand Central.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think you're talking about the old metro tunnels. There�s the same in London and New York where some homeless live. It's pretty well known. They're called the 'mole people' in New York too I think, Most of these date from the Victorian era. There are some supposed real unknown secret underground tunnels. Look into Tokyo if you're into them. I think they have some.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OH... I saw a story on the Paris catacombs before. Killer stuff. Literally. Haven't people died down there. Because they got lost.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
They arent secret. They were dug for dead bodies to be put there. They didnt want people to see how many people die i guess. Im pretty sure it was from the plauge. That's why there are almost no skyscrapers in Paris. The bedrock can't support them, because of too many tunnels. Discovery Channel

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not so secret - check this out

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
first there is the catacombs which you can take tours of and then the other tunnels are ancient sewage so rats but no mole people the only creatures down there are probably a few 2-300 year old #s.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi

After readin that, i can safely say... i wanna do it!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221

After readin that, i can safely say... i wanna do it!!!!!!!!!

yeah - urbex sounds damn cool! haven't actually done any yet. Check out some other sites with asylums and missile bases - got my schools tunnels planned for this summer

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ancient sewers and graveyards is all....no mole people I can safely say, hehe....

You must remember, (especially if an American), most capital cities in Europe are centuries old.... When you have a city that old, you need to be inventive in dealing with the dead, thus, the catacombs.....

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
CHUD

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Thats a great piece of writing! Excellent. I know a little about how they feel, I have done similar types of explorations when I was younger...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
this is all i could find on the tunnels

Click here

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Check this site out -

28 Days Later

Register, integrate yourself and soon enough you'll be able to join a few urban explorers on a tour of the Catacombs.

It's actually very common these days to explore the Catacombs, hundreds of people are down there day in day out. Read about them here -

Cataphiles

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I remember watching a thing about these a while ago and the tape is creepy, is the person running because he's lost or running away from something, whatever it was, scared him enough to drop the camera.

Also i remember hearing that the furthest anyone got is 7 stories down butthen they ran outa string to guide them back, noone knows how deep they go.

I'm going to Paris for 4 days on Sunday haha, don't think i'll be checking them out though.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs
Has anyone seen that special about those underground tunnels beneath Paris, that supposed "mole people" or some creature lives? I was talking about it with a friend but I can't find any information on it. Can anyone help me? There was a scientist who tried to find this stuff out but was lost along the way and someone found his camera. It was very "Blair-witchy" but this was actually real. Any help? Thanks

It reminds me of a story, where people disappeared after visiting a cave or a tunneling complex. Apparently some hairy creature was seen down there? I believe it was on some middle terranian island.. Crete prehaps? We have at least one thread on it, but I couldnt find it. Cut be unrelated of course.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I remember an episode on "Freaky Links" I think it was on Fox. They had an episode about this one night. It was an great episode though or at least at that time it was. Other than that I haven't heard of any stories about the mole people besides CHUDS.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There is a book called The Manhattan Hunt Club. It talks about the tunnels in Manhattan. Basically it said, the deeper you go the crazier they get. The top levels had homeless people and the deeper down the crazies. The book was about a group of social elites framing someone putting them in there and hunting them with special ops gear. lol. I want to go to manhattan and go as far down as I can.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join