It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Wilcock - What is his motive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

But what about the chicks?
(and something tells me he ain't moving furniture for a living)

[edit on 6/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What about ATS's Conspiracy Chicks? You aren't equating ATS with David Wilcock, are you? ¬_¬

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

What?
They have groupies?
(money for nothing, chicks for free)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So what you're implying is that David Wilcock is doing it for money and sex? He would have to be really disillusioned to think he could get away with that past 2012, so unless he has either accepted that reality and plans on killing himself come 2013 or is really that insane, I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Nah. He'll just change the story. And people will still listen to him. It's a common pattern. Remember what he said about disclosure not long ago? Oh wait, that's right...that wasn't his fault.

I'm not implying anything. He's a weasel.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You mean that November prediction? The day it went out on the Internet, he revoked it and said that since somebody leaked it, it probably wasn't going to happen. Was that a cop-out? It might have been, but there is no copping-out of 2012. He has spoken countless times about how we're going through some sort of galactic dark rift during that time, and by 2013, we will already be past it. If nothing has happened by 2013, there is no back-up story. All this luxury he has cherished will come crashing to an end when he's flooded on the Internet (and possibly IRL) with haters threatening his life. He could move to a mountain in a foreign country, and some people would still be able to find him.

As I've stated in many threads before, regardless of what happens (transcending into "divinity," the elite using the chaos to usher in the global order and we become a slave planet, giant solar event, asteroid, etc.), I'm sick of seeing everything stuck in stagnation. Either cook me or let me go; stop putting me in halfway.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

To start with I actually liked Wilcock. He presented new material that I had never heard before and I found him interesting.

But then I saw a different side to the guy that I don't like. In my own opinion, he seemed to become much more egotistical as soon as he got a Movie and Book deal. Every lecture he was doing, he would just keep rabbiting on about producers and book/movie deals.

Tho whole "disclosure shenannigan" that happened with him a wee while back was the final straw.

I have got absolutely no time for all this nonsense where people say, "well i've been told this really world changing news by "x" amount of credible sources, but I cant say any more than that because they might get hurt".

WHY?

Because if it was actually real, then what's a couple of sacrificed lives for the greater good of mankind. after all, saying nothing means the Illuminati that Wilcock talks of still keep on slaughtering us all in one way or another anyway.

I will never believe the guy again until he provides FREE SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT ACTUALLY MATERIALISES.

g

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
People keep saying that everybody in the UFO/Truth movement is all about money.

Why O' why in nearly 2 years now, have I paid exactly $0.00 for every single bit of information I have found.

Money makes no sense. I've watched his videos, (and many others as well) and haven't shelled out a single penny.

Ego is easy to point a finger at, even though most of the new age movement is about elimination of the Ego.

So, if we take those two out. What else do you guys have left to accuse them of?

Those snake oil salesmen must be freaking broke by letting all this information leak out.

One last time. I'd bet that 96.5% of the people on the so called "truth" mission, have shelled out exactly $0.00 for their information.

It's not the money people.. Guess again!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

In the back of my mind, I wonder if 2012 and all the predicted things are nothing more than a mass Illuminati plot. If they had flying saucer technology all the way back in the 30s and 40s, there's a good possibility that they might have nearly perfected by now the technology to send visions inside of people's minds; that way, people actually truly believe it 100% and do everything they can to spread it. What if 2012 is nothing more than the "ultimate failed prediction" to shatter all hope and capitalize on all the chaos and confusion? It's a very unstable theory without much evidence, but I always try to consider all possible angles.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

In all honesty I have absolutely no problem with these people charging money for their information. I'ts never been an issue for me, after all everyone needs to make a living.

The way I see it is that if you're stupid enough to pay money to hear this info then it's your own fault.

And yes, I haven't paid a single penny for any of Wilcocks information, but many people have asked for privte readings from him and have paid sums of money for the pleasure. Once again, that's fine by me. But saying it's not the money is naive I believe.

But, like I said earlier, I think it's more about the status than anything else - the 'look at me, I'm so special' factor. It's why we have about 300 people on this one site alone who believe they are aliens or related to aliens. Ego.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That just brings everything back to a loop. If it's about the money and ego, and nothing happens during 2012, his ego will be shattered, and all the money in the world won't save him from pissed off believers, who were stupid enough to place their very sanity in his hands, trying to kill him. Those things may be a factor, but there has to be something bigger driving him.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I seriously doubt it - people have VERY short memories. I've lost count of the amount of times people like Wilcock have been proven wrong or have even been caught outright lying, and yet they continue to make a comfortable living.

People believe what they want to believe and will sometimes blindy follow people they have invested a lot of time/money into to save face.

When nothing happens in 2012 you will see Wilcock (and others like him) try desperately to backtrack on what they have said, some might try and make their prophesy fit into what is actually happening, no matter how insignificant. Or, you will see them disappear until they have been forgotten, only to re-appear and continue on with what they have always been doing.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Wilcock...in fact, I know I won't.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Nah. He'll just change the story. And people will still listen to him. It's a common pattern.

sort of like his old website "ascension2000"? Some of you may not remember that but I stumbled upon it way back when. When we all didn't ascend as he predicted in 2000, he probably caught wind of 2012 and so he moved the date and took the website down.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I like him, his message and well tuned presentation skills. I have learned that this search for the truth there have been many "teachers" that have resonated with me.
His message of 2012 is similar to that from Little Grandmother/Kiesha Crowther. Yes even the alien aspect.
little grandmother
It may be my genetic memory since my grandparents were native americans, but the global movement by indignant tribal shaman in these days hits home to me.
Another that shares this view of 2012 is Astralwalker
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The overriding common thread being spirituality and the polarization of humanity with the ultimate prize being a shift in the universal mindset from negative predominance to positive. Supposedly this creates peace on earth as well as ascension. Kind of mumbo jumbo.

In my view the truth, like many things in life isn't like the law of gravity being universally accepted and easily demonstrated. It is more like our taste in music. Who can get upset at someone because they like jazz and you don't. Just don't expect me to like it.

Our common reality is the perception that we all will die one day. My truth says that on that day how close was I to achieving my pre-birth desires and I sure hope I don't have to do it all over again.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Over time, I have seen many hoaxers come and go. Some come in for a quick scam and leave early, whereas others truly believe what they are saying, get proven wrong or a date passes, and have their lives completely ruined by haters (which is justified). However, I don't understand what motivates David Wilcock. When everything he is saying doesn't come to pass and 2012 doesn't happen, the oil spill does not get stopped by aliens, the world doesn't get better, the Illuminati does not fall, etc., there's going to be an incredible amount of people out there pissed off at him. I'm sure he knows this, yet he continues anyway basing everything off of his sources and dreams/visions. At the start, I used to think he was just in it for the money (like most scam artists are), but I can find every single bit of material he has ever made (that can be digitized) free on the Internet, and he even encourages people to get it for free if they don't have the money. That leads me to two conclusions: Either David Wilcock is mostly right about what he says, or he's a complete nutcase with excellent organization and presenting skills.

What are your thoughts? Don't say, "He's a scamming disinfo artist like Alex Jones xD", without presenting substantial evidence, if that's your opinion. I've seen a lot of people on ATS immediately dismiss and embrace David, so I want to hear from both sides.

I think his MO is to get his ego stroked.

He is definitely a great communicator (with his big-worded vocabulary and all.....) and that gets many drawn right into his web of disinfo.

What is really his (aka Edgar Cayce reincarnated) M.O.? To be a leader, an idol, a guru, someone famous and all it takes is a media-platform these days and unfortunately Project Camelot handed that to him!

Personally....I find him annoying. Much like a mosquito!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

At the start, I used to think he was just in it for the money (like most scam artists are), but I can find every single bit of material he has ever made (that can be digitized) free on the Internet, and he even encourages people to get it for free if they don't have the money.

projectcamelotproductions.com...

projectcamelotportal.com...

Project Camelot has around 1 million visitors per month - unique visitors. When we have new releases that can increase to around 1.5 million. These stats do not include those that subscribe to our Youtube Channel and those that go directly to Youtube watch the videos.

Trust me, they make money.

I don't mean to derail the topic but did you know that Project Camelot wants to charge $10.00 for people to listen to their 2012 conference that was held yesterday???? ($50.00 if you wanted to listen live yesterday!)

WT.......hell?
So much for service to others Kerry!!!

TELECONFERENCE ON 2012

A recording of this conference will be available shortly to stream for $10
projectcamelotportal.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by sticky

In all honesty I have absolutely no problem with these people charging money for their information. I'ts never been an issue for me, after all everyone needs to make a living.

I agree with you to a certain extent. If it's information let's say, how to build a deck then....yes! By all means charge for your knowledge.

But if it's supposedly information that is likely to impact humanity then.....c'mon!
What if the President (or anyone who may be in the know) wants to start charging people to listen to his speeches? Of course, many would demand their money back
but in all seriousness, one can sorta determine the velocity or importance to something intangible (i.e. words) when there's a price tag associated with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by LiveForever8

That just brings everything back to a loop. If it's about the money and ego, and nothing happens during 2012, his ego will be shattered, and all the money in the world won't save him from pissed off believers, who were stupid enough to place their very sanity in his hands, trying to kill him. Those things may be a factor, but there has to be something bigger driving him.

I think you're missing something important here.
The whole "2012" thing started as the "end of everything" more or less and it ended up now as the "time of enlightment" and "spiritual awakening" (i'm pretty sure there are many more twists about 2012 though).
So,in 2012 all someone needs is just a handfull of people (for their own agenda) popping up and say that they've changed,they're enlightened and what not and some self deluded ones (there are allready too many of them IMHO).
What i'm trying to say here is that,in 2012,a big "nothing" is supposed to take place that nobody will be able to prove or the opposite.

I think that's the reason the 2012 theory changed.The end of days can be witnessed if it'll happen.It can be debunked if it wont happen.Enlighment though is a whole new story.
We're talking about thin air here,am i wrong?

It's not about something taking place in 2012 or not,it's about what will people think (or should i say "feel"?).

The last thing that 2012 hoaxers worry about is being proved wrong IMHO.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, when he was a dope smoker living in a couples basement near Louisville,Kentucky he would take off when they got on his case for not working.

The couple were a old hippy types that made candles to sell at craft fairs,Renaissance Faires and the like.

The only place to hang out all day was the local library.

He spent a lot of time reading about Theosophy and studying those who were pioneers in the field of thought.

He also knew of Rudolf Steiner and studied his works including Anthroposohy.

He is just telling everything that these people discussed and postulated about a hundred years ago or so.

It is nothing new except he jumped on the 2012 bandwagon and the "channeling Ra" deal too.

He was kicked out of the basement for being basically a no load and decided to move to L.A. because he knew there was opportunities to B.S. a lot of people there.
He does have a college degree in Psychology which is the perfect degree to know how to B.S. people with.

He basically has a BS in B.S.

He always puts up pictures of himself and Cayce to show he looks similar.

But,he had to starve himself and lose 50 pounds to look waif like.

He would like to become rich as his present drug habit is expensive,but he thrives on people reading his stuff and just knowing he'll will be talked about long after he is dead because of sites like this and ignorant people.

Theosophy, literally "god-wisdom"

Divine Cosmos is just another way to say Theosophy!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Actually, there was no set definitive theory when it first popped up. Some people were saying it was going to be the end of human kind and existence, and others were looking at the ancient Mayan carvings and claiming it to be the "End of the Age" (which had various theories of doomsday, enlightenment, and nothing happening). It's thanks to Hollywood that most people only saw the doomsday part up until these later years.

reply to post by Oneolddude

I remember reading about his weight problem on his site and have found evidence to many of your other claims, but I have found no proof of him being a drug user in the past and the present. Do you have any to show for either or both?

[edit on 6/19/2010 by SonicInfinity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join