It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Wilcock - What is his motive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Over time, I have seen many hoaxers come and go. Some come in for a quick scam and leave early, whereas others truly believe what they are saying, get proven wrong or a date passes, and have their lives completely ruined by haters (which is justified). However, I don't understand what motivates David Wilcock. When everything he is saying doesn't come to pass and 2012 doesn't happen, the oil spill does not get stopped by aliens, the world doesn't get better, the Illuminati does not fall, etc., there's going to be an incredible amount of people out there pissed off at him. I'm sure he knows this, yet he continues anyway basing everything off of his sources and dreams/visions. At the start, I used to think he was just in it for the money (like most scam artists are), but I can find every single bit of material he has ever made (that can be digitized) free on the Internet, and he even encourages people to get it for free if they don't have the money. That leads me to two conclusions: Either David Wilcock is mostly right about what he says, or he's a complete nutcase with excellent organization and presenting skills.

What are your thoughts? Don't say, "He's a scamming disinfo artist like Alex Jones xD", without presenting substantial evidence, if that's your opinion. I've seen a lot of people on ATS immediately dismiss and embrace David, so I want to hear from both sides.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Nobody has all answers.

But we all have some.

I don't think we need a motive, unless thinking is a crime.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
EGO.

dude has an ego problem, and since you can find people to feed that ego online these days, he hasnt had a reality check yet.

if Charles Manson were a young man today, he'd be posting on ATS and he'd probably be a Mod. yes I'm serious

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I find his work intresting but its too far out even for me (thats saying something).

And linking UFO's and disclosure with the Oils spill is just grasping at straws.

His "Frasier" and hidden disclosure transcript is hystericaly rediculous. Go to his site and the disclosre page to check it out if you havnt seen it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hello,

Oops! My bad.

Sorry to interrupt

[edit on (6/17/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
(removed double post)

[edit on 6/17/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I don't think it's his ego. For every 1 person who gives him support, he has 10 trolls or haters constantly berating him.

reply to post by loveguy

If you don't know who he is, you should hold off a solid opinion on him for a little while until you do a lot of research. On the surface, he appears to be nothing more than a scam artist pulling the strings of people for a profit and his own amusement, but it's more complicated than that when you look into it more.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

I don't think it's his ego. For every 1 person who gives him support, he has 10 trolls or haters constantly berating him.

thats still alot of idiots. less than 1 in 10 people would probably vote for a Ron Paul or a Jesse Ventura. I have zero faith in humanity because of this.

I could start a fake account, say all the right things, fake my death, have a "relative" post about my passing and have everyone on here ghostriding my snip.

its that easy. and I bet its been done. people want to believe what they want to believe, contrary to any sort of common sense.

the motto here sometimes should be "Abandon Common Sense"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Yes, and that's like a lot of hoaxers who come and go for a quick laugh, but he's been doing this for years, and he has never gotten as specific and serious as he has been in the past year. Doesn't he realize that when everything comes and goes, his very life could be in danger due to the outward rage of his followers and him being completely wrong? Why push it this far? If ego is a factor, ego is not all that drives him.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He claims to be the incarnation of Edgar Cayce, Who in turn claimed to be the incarnation of some dude who was the first ruler of Atlantis and the First father of humans..... So in fact David claims to be the father of all humanity. Go figure

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
personally, it seems to me that he is really attached to the idea of being the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce.

i don't think he is a hoaxer, in the true sense of the word. i think maybe he's just real good at fooling himself.

i am sure he is not the reincarnation of Cayce because i am very familiar with Edgar Cayce - his readings, his life, etc.

and i looked at his site, briefly, but i saw something that backs up my opinion:

David, Why do you claim the reincarnation of a man who took no money for his abilities, yet you do the opposite? The Validity of truth is questionable...I pray best for you and your path ~One [Moderator: This is a common misperception about Edgar Cayce that we would address first and foremost if we had an FAQ. Edgar's rate in the 1930s was 25 dollars a reading -- equivalent to 250 or more in today's dollars.]

first of all, that is not true.
Edgar Cayce took donations only. his son has said that they did without a lot of things growing up because of that.
so he did make money but it was sporadic, voluntarily given and never asked for, and variable.

second of all, that is pretty cheeky - to contradict known fact when his claim is disputed on the basis of said fact.
it's kind of odd, too - you'd think that he might somehow lie about himself in order to match up with Cayce, since Cayce is not a mystery or hard to investigate - so that's also support for my idea that he's not deceptive on purpose.

but i wonder why it is so important for him to be Cayce? it wasn't like Cayce was promised any special blessing or position in his next life - quite the contrary, actually.

and as was already mentioned, he does take a lot of crap from people.
his stuff IS pretty far out there, too, imo

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I genuinely think he loves the attention. He loves the fact that people go to him when big world events are unfolding and he uses words like 'Paradigm shift' and 'raised consciousness' in amongst a variety of other vague and meaningless words and phrases - and gets away with it!

As for being the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce - not even the 'Edgar Cayce Association for Research and Enlightenment' recognise Wilcock as Cayce's reincarnation - which I think says a lot.

I bet he couldn't believe his luck when he realised he looked a bit like him.

Also, like others have said....money, money, moooooooooney. It always comes down to money.

You don't think he is making much money?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d71005e7d20d.jpg[/atsimg]

Think again

[edit on 17/6/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Well it isn't 2012 yet, so why the smug? If he's right, are you going to be as public with your acknowledgment of that?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I can't even begin to guess what motivates another person but I will say this for David Wilcock - At least he has a positive spin on nearly every negative event to happen.
Right or wrong at least he isn;t trying to scare everyone and make them depressed.
Personally, I think the guy is sincere. All nutcases are too. In 2 years he will proven or disproven, one way or another.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

most people cannot relate to this concept (yet)

but when you are aligned with your soul purpose there is no moving out of the flow to where it takes you. no matter how hard you try you can't go back to where you were before you jumped on board and there is no stopping it - you must go along with it.

david Icke talks about this as well regarding his path. There is perfection in this because when you are aligned with your soul purpose it can be hard - and you can't stop no matter how much you want to. No matter how crazy you sound to "some" people. No matter how much hate and mockery is thrown your way. You can't stop. It is your destiny. It is your path.

people need to wake up. like today. there is so much more to life than what we "think we know". it is right in front of your face and all you do is put it down. open up your mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Apparently it's money

I've never seen a hoaxer who hasn't cashed in one way or another. At least not one that lasts more than a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
At the start, I used to think he was just in it for the money (like most scam artists are), but I can find every single bit of material he has ever made (that can be digitized) free on the Internet, and he even encourages people to get it for free if they don't have the money.

projectcamelotproductions.com...

projectcamelotportal.com...

Project Camelot has around 1 million visitors per month - unique visitors. When we have new releases that can increase to around 1.5 million. These stats do not include those that subscribe to our Youtube Channel and those that go directly to Youtube watch the videos.

Trust me, they make money.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Whether he's right or not I think that he 100% believes that he is right.

And I think because of that he does it out of altruism because he thinks it can lead to better people's lives.

I think his motives are good.

Just because someone is popular does not automatically make them a bad person

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and your chicks for free Money for nothin' and chicks for free Money for nothin' and your chicks for free Look at that, look at that Money for nothin' and your chicks for free.

shop.1asecure.com...

[edit on 6/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to posts by queenannie38 and LiveForever8

Yeah, I first thought that the Edgar Cayce thing was stupid, but in one of his lectures, he compared around 10 or so people who were close to him look similar to people close to Edgar Cayce. I still don't believe it, but if he's crazy, I can at least understand why he believes it.

reply to posts by LiveForever8, AntiNWO, SpectreDC, and Phage

As far as money goes, he could be making MUCH more money if he was doing things differently. Like I said, all his stuff (that can be digitized) is 100% free on the Internet, and he even encourages getting it for free if you don't have the money, whereas most scam artists try to milk every cent they can, so I still don't think it's money.

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Well it isn't 2012 yet, so why the smug? If he's right, are you going to be as public with your acknowledgment of that?

Yes. I will gladly admit that the 2012 predictors were correct. In fact, I'd be more than grateful to do as such considering the fact that I've yet to see one prediction come true.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by SonicInfinity]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join