It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 million per year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Thirty six million human beings die per year as a DIRECT RESULT of starvation.
And we whine and bitch and whinge about this and that.
Oh but they were poor at birth , so they dont count?
We are all EVIL, and if you think you arent tell us all what you have done, to save even one of the 36 million nsouls who are left to die on this Earth?
WE ARE ALL EVIL< WE DONT GIVE A DAMN.. unless it impacts on us or our loved ones.
Thirty six million die every year and we go on about the oil spill ad nauseum, or about the Middle east, or about obama, we are all Hypocrites , and for" Humans sake" why cant we plead for the THIRTY SIX MILLION.....na too boring.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Yes, Dr, and the obscenely wealthy hold onto their wealth.

Even I give to 'Save the Children' and I am not rich at all - if those greedy fat pigs would save the starving, the world would be saved.

I have to ask- do they think they will take it with them to Hell?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

They won't take it to hell, they'll probably give it to their kids or otherwise keep it in the family. I think that's the huge advantage to "functional families"...while so many families do not cooperate with each other, the rich ones sure do to keep the wealth within.

Anyway, the money that rich people have is not cash sitting in their basements or a bank. I think it's often in the form of stakes / stock in their investments. They can only give money away if they sell that stock. I'm not making excuses; I'm just saying that for equal comparison, they are not sitting on all the money they have, so how much they can contribute without hurting the growth of those corporations they are invested into..is less than their net worth.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Ok, it still proves they have no soul.

How can someone stand by when people are starving? They could help, but they prefer untold millions to die?

That is evil.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I hear you man!!

Does it sooth your pain to know that at least double that amount is dying on the other side from unhealthy lifestyles and overconsumption??

Irony can be a beauty sometimes....

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It is a tragedy and an insult to humanity that this is happening. Its only going to get worse in the near future. As our population becomes stable and naturally begins to fall in numbers (2040ish) hopefully this will be nothing but a chapter in history books.

Everyone has a soul - not everyone pays attention to its message.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Our "leaders" hand out literally tens of trillions of dollars to already rich corporations, when just a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of that would put an end to that starvation.

We've been trained to have/accept "enemies" like that^ instead of to have true empathy or do good things for others.

We're supposed to make money, not give it away.

Goods and services? Those aren't money, why would we care about that?

Poor people dying just means less poor people that want to take our money away...

It pisses me off to no end how easily this and all other problems in the world could be solved if we could just identify and get rid of the people teaching us how to think...

It almost seems futile though with how much power we've given them.
Look at the recent thread where a kayak guide rescued a girl from a river while the "rescue team" was taking their time setting up equipment, and the guy gets arrested.

You can't even try to do good anymore without people acting like you're weird, or in some cases charged with ludicrous "crimes."

"There's a war on for your mind..."

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

HEY!

Speak for yourself man.

You wanna know what I have done? you wanna know!?!?!

I have actually started a charitable fund to help the needy. It's called the save the Izarith foundation.

It's a none profit that puts food in the mouth of....an Izarith....

What? It's not my fault that i'm the only Izarith around.

I'm poor damn it, I'm hungry too...some times...around dinner.

You don't want me to join those starving people do you?

So give your pledge to the save the Izzy foundation and save an Izzy today.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

I hear you man!!

Does it sooth your pain to know that at least double that amount is dying on the other side from unhealthy lifestyles and overconsumption??

Irony can be a beauty sometimes....

Peace

Er no Iam eating fish fingers and chips whilst washing it down with Scotch.
So iam a hypocrite amongst the millions.
Lets all declare our Evil State, and vow to stop the starvation.
There is the challenge.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

You really think the amount of people on this planet explains this phenomenon?

Overpopulation isn't the problem here, overconsumption is!!

I remain hopeful that we will figure it out one day...

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Would you be laughing so much if you or your family were starving?

It is great to laugh, but not in this context.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

True - as is the amount of un-arable land.

And the monetary system and the differential-advantage it creates

etc.

[edit on 17/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It is a tragedy and an insult to humanity that this is happening. Its only going to get worse in the near future. As our population becomes stable and naturally begins to fall in numbers (2040ish) hopefully this will be nothing but a chapter in history books.

Everyone has a soul - not everyone pays attention to its message.

No the insult to humanity is that Dogs in America die of diabetes due to obesity on this side of the world.

Dogs get so fat from eating food that they get obese and die of diabetes why kids in other parts eat the skat from mules and other animals.

That is an insult.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

In the end it all boils down to greed.....

sad..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Oh an not laughing means you actually care I get it.

Dude people in America have no idea where the world in heading. You have no idea what Starvation for us all is around the corner.

I'm just laughing while I can man.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Izarith

Would you be laughing so much if you or your family were starving?

It is great to laugh, but not in this context.

You have hit the nail on the cats tail
...no one cares unless they suffer or their loved ones suffer, they and us/we/I asquience with EVIL, if we are left untouched.
No one but the DIVINE weep for the suffering, we all want to LAUGH in life, we all want happiness, but alas we will never find it unless we WEEP and BLEED and FIGHT for those consigned to HELL?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You have hit the nail on the cats tail...no one cares unless they suffer or their loved ones suffer, they and us/we/I asquience with EVIL, if we are left untouched.
No one but the DIVINE weep for the suffering, we all want to LAUGH in life, we all want happiness, but alas we will never find it unless we WEEP and BLEED and FIGHT for those consigned to HELL?

This Earth is Hell, We are all consigned to Hell, We're in it!

There is no Saving Earth, there is no utopia around the corner, there is and never will be anything but Hell on Earth.

All a person can do it try to be the best they can toward their fellow man, do onto others better then yourself. But Hell is not full of angels and not everyone in Hell wants to get out.

If you do, look for the strength do do so with in yourself. There is nothing you can do for those people starving, nothing. Just try not contribute and live the best you can.

Now please donate to the Save on Izzy foundation.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well, that is crap for a start.

Of course people can save the starving, they just do not want to.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Izarith

Well, that is crap for a start.

Of course people can save the starving, they just do not want to.

Exactly....

And trust me friend you can drive your soul into a pool of hatred trying to change the world....but some day you'll learn that the world will never change.

Instead of worrying about starving dead people who have no ability to help beyond giving a couple buck to some rip off charity, Take that bum from the street corner out for dinner at Dennie's once in a while.

These old homeless people in America are some of the most enlightened people you will ever speak to.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Ok, cheers!

I will keep on feeding poor people...will you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join