It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do These Beach Bully Security Folks Sleep At Night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I know I won't get a definitive answer, but this has been bothering me for a few days as I've been reading about the intentional effort being made to block non-authorized people from the beaches and other areas related to the oil mess.

How do the people involved with obstructing the media and others do it? How do they set aside their moral compass and actually turn people away when we, the people, and especially the local residents deserve to know what is going on? I simply cannot understand how they can sleep at night while knowing that they're intentionally preventing people from understanding the truth of the situation, or at least something closer to the truth.

I'm sure the reason is, at least in part, related to money, but it still just flabbergasts me that these private security folks, BP personnel, the government, and others can justify denying people what they deserve to know. Millions of people, perhaps more depending on how bad things get, will be affected to various degrees. And yet these people find a way to act like bullies so that this epic disaster can be swept under the carpet. It's sickening. I surely couldn't stand on a beach covered in oil and tell local residents that they're not allowed to be there. No amount of money is worth setting aside ones morals and conscience.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is like the 10th thread about this? Are we going to start to discuss were the security guards when to school and who their high school girlfriends are also?

It is wrong but come on. Could this not have been added to the 10 other posts about it?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

My apologies if the topic has been posted that much. I hadn't noticed any posts relating to the moral aspect of what these security folks are up to. And I'm sorry for having upset you, Subjective Truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
reply to post by Subjective Truth

My apologies if the topic has been posted that much. I hadn't noticed any posts relating to the moral aspect of what these security folks are up to. And I'm sorry for having upset you, Subjective Truth.

Na I am sorry I overreacted I just wonder why we are not seeing more news clips. I feel information starved and I took it out on you. I wish I could see more videos of these idiots doing it. I hate them also. Flag for bieng cool.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey, it's alright.
I understand your frustration!

I've wondered if this approach BP is taking, with keeping people away, is any better than complete transparency. Why not let people see everything right now? Listen to creative minds who want to contribute ideas on how to clean up the beaches. Get the military to bring in their chemical warfare gear so that people can put it on and help with the cleaning efforts. Ask other countries for help! Seriously, this is so bizarre, none of what they are doing makes any sense. People want to help, people want to clean their formerly beautiful beaches, but these bozos won't let them do it? Maybe the people responsible for the security, including the ones who hired them, have been spending too much time sucking in the fumes from the spill!

I guess we just have to sit tight and hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
To date, I have seen one video about BP security trying to block a reporter from interviewing a clean-up crew. It was amusing seeing security being questioned by an actual officer who arrived inquiring whose authority the security guards were under.

Ultimately, the reporter was able to question the clean-up crew, who happened to look quite comfortable under their canopy, but one of the BP security guards interrupted stating that the crew need not answer or may answer with "no comment."

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
These people sleep on new beds with new sheets imported from Egypt. These people enjoy being able to run their air conditioning all night, and enjoy their new pillows.

Seriously-"The lust of money is the root of all evil."

gimme some

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
not saying it's right to block access to public area's,
but do you maybe think it could just have to do with keeping the thousands upon thousands of folks who want access for only a 'sticky beak' (sorry for pun) away from those who are in control and there to do these cleanups without distraction and anoyance or of just getting in their way throughout this cleanup.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They get paid to do it. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt do it for free.. Some people have an insaciable lust for money and morals are quickly disolved.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
edit for double post..

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Grossac]

top topics

join