It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly all shrimping boats abandon Key West after crew pulls up oil-covered shrimp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Next to the Hogfish [restaurant near downtown Key West] sits a pier that is usually full of shrimp boats. But on Monday, CBS4’s Gio Benitez found only one boat docked there.

The last time Hogfish manager Tim Dion saw all the shrimping boats was three to four weeks ago. The boats would always bring fresh shrimp from the Gulf…

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hornum]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
See this is due to that lake of oil mentioned by simians in that other thread.

It's moving fast underwater....oh my

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is dreadful.
I was reading an article about blackfin tuna that follow the shrimp boats, feeding off the catch.

One of Key West's top light-tackle attractions is the blackfin tuna that bird-dog the shrimp boats in the Gulf of Mexico.

During March, April and May, jumbo blackfins are likely to be found schooling behind any shrimp boats culling their catch, which provide reliable feeding stations for them. Tuna behind the shrimp boats

Two of my favorite seafood. Well, at least Obama will eat it, I suppose....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dewi Winters

It is a tragedy.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Oil floats on water and thats why they pump it into old wells to get the oil out so this must be something else that coming out the well that is not bonded with the oil.

Looking at the so called live cam feeds all the stuff coming out seems to go stright up so maybe with is what you get left over when you spray the oil to break it down.

if they wanted to they have the technoligy to build a massive boom above the well head to scoop up all the oil, refine it and yet they don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
Oil floats on water and thats why they pump it into old wells to get the oil out so this must be something else that coming out the well that is not bonded with the oil.

Looking at the so called live cam feeds all the stuff coming out seems to go stright up so maybe with is what you get left over when you spray the oil to break it down.

if they wanted to they have the technoligy to build a massive boom above the well head to scoop up all the oil, refine it and yet they don't.

Oil doesn't always float on the surface, certain unrefined compounds like tar stay well below the surface.

There is pressure behind the oil coming out of the fissure, hence why it is rising. With your logic, a gusher on land should shoot oil into space because the oil is heavier than air.

Your last paragraph makes me facepalm so hard. I cant summon the energy to debunk such a dumb statement.

I'm starting to lose my faith in ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Im afraid HappyFeet is correct. The underwater "jetstreams" if you will can carry that oil all the way up the eastern seaboard. soooo thank you BP and everyone else to cheers for their higher stock dividends. that paper money is covered by the blood of hundreds of fish and mammals that will die because of your greed for the GREEN.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dewi Winters
This is dreadful.
I was reading an article about blackfin tuna that follow the shrimp boats, feeding off the catch.

I guess they'll be matching their fins completely soon then, the extra lube in the water will help them glide along more efficiently and without friction.[/oil-spill-humor]

Sorry, sometimes can't help myself.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If this happened in may, its possible its already on the east coast of florida.... Just on the bottom...

top topics

join