It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An outlandish theory about why the oil spill happend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just a quick disclaimer....no i do not firmly believe nor am I asking you to believe what I am about to write its purely a random theory that I thought up whilst bored.

So I have seen several threads on here that question if Obama is trying to stick it to the elites in subversive ways...working off that assumption I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a possibility that this event was caused on purpose as a way of forcing Americans to want to break oil dependency. I mean green technology and breaking dependence on oil was a big part of his platform when he was running and when he gave his speech the other day he highlighted our need to move forward with green technology. And elites do profit a lot from oil....but anyway just a thought. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
That's a legitimate theory acmpnsfal. However, I suggest considering it from a different perspective.

Imagine you're the elites. The oil industry is secure in your grasp and the profits from it have been flowing nicely for decades. Unfortunately the peons (non-elites) are restless as a result of the whole "global warming" subject having been shoved down their throats for several years, and now the need to begin diversifying into "green" energy is becoming a necessity. While the discussions about how to deal with "global warming" have been dragging on and on, I have little doubt that the elites have been putting the pieces together which would allow them to not only control the biggest, cutting edge "green" industry companies, but also profit mightily from them. All that is needed is a means by which to, shall we say, inspire people to begin the transition away from oil and into these so-called "green" forms of energy.

So, getting back to your theory. Whether or not the Gulf of Mexico oil leak was an accident, look for the elites and power brokers to find ways to profit from it. People will see the impact of millions of gallons of oil on the environment and feel more compelled to "go green". The elites have been waiting, planning, and scheming to motivate people to do just that, and this disaster in the Gulf may prove to be exactly what they needed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Considering the idiot is a pathological liar the answer is no! He has broken every campaign promise so why would this one be any different? He has funneled money and bailouts to banking cartels, added more troops etc etc etc...

join