It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Alex Jones realize how much paranoia he's instilling on people?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think this video provides me with all the examples I need. I don't have a problem with Alex Jones as a journalist. He covers the news. He talks about the new world order and how they want a global international financial system. That's all fine. He exposes how the government is doing these raids on Afghan villages and killing many innocent people. I just want you to pay close attention to what he says though. I feel that Alex Jones says things without really explaining them in detail as to what he really means.

He has this philosophy- which I believe is the extreme pinnacle of paranoia. If you've listened to him long enough you'll know that he believes that the government wants to kill all of us. I will agree with him that the government has gotten to be quite a despotic force, but, I don't think we need that kind of paranoia. Listen to him- in the video I am going to post he says that the government wants to use drones on us to attack us. His thesis is that all of these things that we're doing in all of these other countries- we're going to do here, in the United States.

It may be very true that in the future the government will use drones for security purposes in the United States here. But I think that it's far-fetched to think that many people in the civil service actually want to use drones against the people. There may be some neocons out there that want to, but, I really don't think they do in the way that he is making it out to be. I think most civil servants are good natured at heart, and, while they may make policies I disagree with, and they may unknowingly serve the central banking elite, I don't think they really want to kill the American people.

My second point- Alex Jones needs to step down with his rhetoric about the police. There are a lot of bad policemen. They're being produced by with the system. Now there is a discussion if we can record police's conversations or if we can't, and, if they have privacy rights (which in reality they are performing a public service, so they don't in this case). Alex Jones says that the government WANTS to put the police against the people. I believe while it may be true that the government wants to use the police against protesters- I think that Alex Jones should tone down the anti-cop rhetoric a bit, and, I think some people go a bit too far with their angst against the police.

I just think that Alex Jones goes a bit too far without really explaining what he means... and in doing so he instills paranoia in the people who listen to his show who may just be about as gullible as the people who watch the corporate media and believe whatever they see or read (you know AJ probably has some of those people listening to him).

I don't believe Alex Jones is a disinfo agent. I just believe that Alex Jones doesn't realize that some of his arguments are fallacious, and, I think that he doesn't realize the impact that his words have on people, or, if he is- I don't think he's fully aware of their effects, or doesn't think that it's his responsibility.

Watch it and see for yourself:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Alex , to me anyway , is the TV evangelist of the " truth movement " , donation request and all .

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If Alex would put that damn bullhorn down and think just a little, he might actually be a decent journalist. He is feeding off people's paranoia, absolutely. I am not actually sure how much of his rhetoric he truly believes.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
First of all, you have to realise that Alex Jones grabbed the torch of
info from William Cooper, still don't understand the beef they had,
they used to be friends!!!!

Listen to some of William Cooper and compare to Alex Jones teachings
and you will find a parallel between them.

If not, you're just not listening...

My best regards fellow infowarrior!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Agreed

He certainly over exaggerates and conveniently omits certain facts when it helps build his case , once again , just like a TV evangelist .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yes ! I don't always agre with AJ but i do think this is a good.. no.. great Thing! He opens peoples eyes.. yes.. Be paranoid. Your better off that way. At least when TSHTF people will be looking instead of sleeping.

link   
reply to post by chemical_chameleon

My friend , Alex didn't grab anything from Bill Cooper .

Nor were they ever friends .

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Max_TO]

link   
Does he realize it? How can he NOT realize it? That paranoia is the main reason gullible people return to his site. because he feeds their paranoia with more.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

He does , he also must realize how he marginalizes all of us with his outlandish mannerism .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sometimes scare tactics can be quite influencial on the sheeple,
I see the method to the madness, and if it works towards a greater (GOOD) cause then I fully support those that preach it!!

Let's all try to dismantel the PYRAMID one f'n brick at a time!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

enough said

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's negatively connotative info-tainment.

I would like to see more support and exposure for the positive steps an individual can take, individuals have taken and organisations and movements people can support to bring about change.

Awareness is step one, acting on that knowledge is step two, understanding that is step three, living that life is step four, which gives you power step five, organising with others is step six, spreading love and enlightenment is step seven, building good and destroying bad is step eight, getting others to do the same is step nine - and the process repeats.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Don't you guys get it? Alex Jones is a narcissist at best, and psychopath at worst. If he's unaware of his actions, then he's a psychotic, malignant narcissist. If he's aware, then he's a psychopathic con-artist.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Whoa my friend!!!

I wouldn't jump to conclusions that fast!

Try to delineate from Crazy person, to a person under EXTREME amounts of stress...

You would be too if you were in his shoes...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I don't think he's a narcissist or a con man. I think he really believes what he's saying. Have you seen the kind of thing that people say when they're paranoid? They'll just believe any bad thing about the government, and, even though it's perfectly legitimate to be against the government as I've mentioned in my other threads for what they've done- these people who are paranoid make things bigger than they really are, when they don't need to. It only hurts their arguments, and, as someone's mentioned before Alex Jones omits facts that could help him and not make him seem so paranoid. I don't think he realizes it, and, I don't believe he's self-obsessed or anything like that. I just think he's paranoid and doesn't know it. He's so sure of himself and he's convinced of infallibility. I wish someone would tell him to be less rigid.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Uh... so fast?

NO.

After careful consideration.

You give him WAY too much slack for the amount of nonsense he spews out.

Without a doubt, he causes more confusion and chaos than any good.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Alex Jones is just a talkshow/opinion host who appeals to a certain segment. Likewise he will report what is 'appealing' to this segment of the population and I really doubt truth is a personal obligation in his mind.

Do I think his scum? Well his really no better than Glenn Beck, or in some instances keith olbermann and so forth. He appeals to a certain group, population, and he will report likewise. Truth has little to nothing to do with this, it is about money and ratings. That is the reality of the media these days, for the most part.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

So he's so sure of himself and so convinced of his infallibility, yet he's not a self-absorbed individual?

Have you not seen his video from new years?

The guy is OBVIOUSLY a complete joke.

He's a penis to people on the phone's and in person on a constant basis.

He manipulates people to the Nth degree, and yet we're not supposed to think he's a narcissist...at the very least ?!?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I don't believe Alex Jones is a disinfo agent. I just believe that Alex Jones doesn't realize that some of his arguments are fallacious, and, I think that he doesn't realize the impact that his words have on people, or, if he is- I don't think he's fully aware of their effects, or doesn't think that it's his responsibility.

I think your wrong...
I say all evidence points toward Alex Jones being a disinfo agent. I could make a big list as to why he is, but for now here is recent proof....

At the end of MSNBC Documentary, 'Rise of the New Right' I took a screen grab, it provided who sent footage and stills to this twisted documentary.....

ALEX JONES!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de72d2ef94d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by imitator]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Right on all counts , but you forget to mention the fact that he is also a proven lier .

Sorry to keep saying the same thing here , but he is just like a TV evangelist .

The message appeals to many on the surface and those that want to believe . But when you take a closer look and do some good old fact checking for yourself , you discover something quite different then what is being fed to you .

<<   2  3 >>

join