It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most horrifying Oil Spill pic yet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good for you then.

I look at that picture, and the subsequent responses to it, and think "How does that even begin to compare to the horrible pictures we've been getting for the past few weeks that show much more oil over much larger areas?"

It's like if somebody goes out and murders 100 people with a knife, and there's video and pictures of the whole thing, but people 'really get upset' over a single picture of some blood splattered on a single victims shoelaces...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Found This:

There are several striking parallels between the Montara disaster and the massive Gulf of Mexico spill.

Faulty cementing by US-based company Halliburton on the West Atlas rig is believed to have caused the leak, and the same company did the cementing on BP's sub-contracted Deepwater Horizon rig in the Gulf.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Good for you then.

I look at that picture, and the subsequent responses to it, and think "How does that even begin to compare to the horrible pictures we've been getting for the past few weeks that show much more oil over much larger areas?"

It's like if somebody goes out and murders 100 people with a knife, and there's video and pictures of the whole thing, but people 'really get upset' over a single picture of some blood splattered on a single victims shoelaces...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by alaskan]

Well it's alot like seeing the destruction of a tornado and you know how horrible it was but you see a broken doll, or a tiny tennis shoe, or a big man in tears....same thing.

I live on the West Coast...and I imagine the worst here and realize how heartbroken I will be if what I think will happen.

Check this out...it's not a link but where you can view it:
Rachel Maddow- The more spills change_ the more they stay the same
www.youtube.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relaxfreedom
Anyone watching the "Tony Hayward BP CEO" being grilled by by congress
omg he finds it difficult to answer questions

What is he supposed to say? I doubt very much he knew this would happen.
With all the oil companies drilling in deeper waters and more hostile environments, one of them was inevitably going to cock up eventually.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by Relaxfreedom

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Hate em both.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

maybe it doesn't look as bad because of the tons of dispersant they poured there; its working

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The photo reminds me of my short stint at trying to cook. This looks like my spaghetti dish all greasy and orange with chunks of burnt stuff. Yeah it wasn't edible and was probably toxic too.

Anyway, I think this is by far one of the best pictures to SHOW the few remaining non believers just how bad the spill is. Seeing is believing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by serbsta

Got to admit looks really cool. Like a wave on an alien planet.

Maybe this is why alien planets look like this. lol jk's.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow, I was expecting zombies emerging from the surf covered in stringy, gloppy oil & trailing tar-balls morping into gooey little gremlins or something to that effect. I must admit, when I saw that the most horrifying oil spill picture to date was a close up of an 8 inch wave washing ashore Orange Beach in Alabama, it was a tad anticlimactic. Blame it on Hollywood, I suppose...
Anyway, I'm on the TX Gulf coast, which is nasty as h3LL to begin with, because of all the refineries & such, but we ain't seen no black gold washin' ashore here......yet.
Here's a link to some pics that may be more along the lines of "most horrifying" yet:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 6/18/2010 by WashMoreFeet]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
eww, that horrified me.
truly disgusting

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That's it. I can't sit here and not do anything anymore. I can't live with myself if i don't do SOMETHING. Tears are streaming down my face as i write this. I have four years experience as Marine Corps Infantry, I'm unemployed and have nothing to lose, (except the planet i just so happen to live on, apparently) For the love of Gaia, if anyone reading this has contacts in Greenpeace U2U me with contact info ASAP please.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
These pictures look really bad and it looks like it might just get worse, once the dead life forms begin to create that red tide (no offence to the NCAA champs). Even if they get the hole stopped the methane created by all those dead organisms is just going to add to an already bad situation.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
As someone who surfs, this picture makes me gag.

Imagine how gross it would feel to catch that wave.

You are going to catch a 1 foot wave?

I have already seen this picture - a lot.

I'm not too disgusted...no point in becoming ill from it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Eat your heart out ATS.

This one almost made me sick.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c6c32bb0b40.jpg[/atsimg]

Bigger: files.abovetopsecret.com...

For Christ's sake, you people ... it's just a bloody oil spill

What is the Most Important Issue Facing the World Today?

Disease (AIDS)
15% (14 votes)

Pollution (Global Warming)
41% (39 votes)

Poverty
19% (18 votes)

War (Terrorism)
26% (25 votes)

Total votes: 96

The best and brightest are becoming extinct. The most responsible and intelligent are having the fewest children. We are heading towards an idiocracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For me, this picture is more horrifying...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

what?
I live here and Orange Beach has blue/green waters. It's close to Pensacola which his really blue waters.
Muddy? are you kidding me?.. you must be thinking of the far end of the island where fresh and salt water meet, but otherwise what you say isn't true..

here's an aerial for you..

b

Wow, you guys are lucky. I have been down to the beach 3 or 4 times here in Texas. Each time, anything i had that was white ended up stained brownish/reddish. The same with the lakes in West Texas. We have iron rich soil in West Texas, which explains it (our city water tends to be reddish from time to time, too). Not sure why our Gulf waters are that way. Maybe it is our barrier islands?

In my mind, i compare it to the beaches in California i went to. Like Mission Bay....so blue and beautiful. But so cold, too.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

But all those earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, etc that you're referring too are Earth's natural "disasters." What we are doing to it is unnatural.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'd have to disagree with you on that as the worst Ive seen
is of a dead bird with eyes as black as the oil all over its coat.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How about this one Serbsta~
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join