It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea creatures flee oil spill, gather near shore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't know why I'm seeing it this way, but it may be they're running from more then just the oil. I see a lot of threads talking about the poisons in the spill and other things. - potential sea floor cave in/methane explosion, etc.

Animals are naturally more sensitive then most humans are, and they're running en-mass from these areas. If that is happening, what's next?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why can't we just do a mass relocation? Grad 20-30 commercial fishing boats and get fishing. Take them out of the GoM, somewhere they can be free and in open waters.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can agree with this. I live on Pensacola Beach and run the beach every morning at day break. This morning I saw a 7-8 foot shark feeding within 30-40 yards of the beach and at the same time a smaller one under two feet an arms length away from me in shin deep water. I also saw a small green sea turtle the same distance from the shore...

I've noticed dolphins coming in closer and hanging out in inlets - they are all looking for safe haven.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
hence the crux of this situation. it's all going to fall in line according to the natural plan of life... If you go back far enough, you can liken this migration to mass extinctions in history, where animals flee an environment where food has been depleted or their habitat has been damaged...

Pretty bad situation.

These creatures moving out of their natural environment probably won't be able to adapt to a different climate or water temperature.

Also i'd stay out of the Oceans around the United States because your likely to start seeing some abnormal species start to show up in places where you don't see them...

So killer whales and great whites appearing off the coast of North Carolina, might be in the future. Who knows.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
motherjones.com...

Mac McClelland-Mother Jones' human rights reporter...has a mole inside BP's cleanup operation......

"We Don't Need This on Camera": BP's Crappy CleanupJob"

[edit on 17-6-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i really feel bad for the animals. i dont want to say this but sometimes it really make me feel ashame of being human

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Personally I beleave in eye for an eye. Only hope a giant wave of oil covers our land in a water world/2012 type event. Then and only then will we know what it is like to be pushed to the edge to try and survive. Soon the only place left in Tampa to see a fish will be the aquarium.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is yet another example of mankind raping the seas.

Why haven't people been up in arms about the albatross chicks on Midway choking on plastic bags, or the decimation of fish-stocks from over-fishing, or the bleaching of coral, or the polution from run-off and outfall that have turned some coastal areas into aquatic deserts, or the Japanese whaling fleets butchery, or any of a host of other assaults against marine life that we are responsible for?

Our custodianship of this planet has been an unmitigated disaster and I can't escape the feeling that it's time for another species to take a turn.

I feel phyysically sick when I imagine what these creatures are going through.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
When they were trying out the "Junkshot" they forgot to load up the cannon with BP reps, oil lobbyists and environmentally challenged nitwits.
I'm almost certain this would have stopped the oil flow!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
You know i might be in the minority here , but i look at it like this,, we are basically renting this once pristine home, and when the landlord comes by for a visit to see how his tenant's and his investment are doing, well seriously what would u do?

Exactly WHAT WOULD 1 DO!!!!!!!!!
This is a shame they need to make artificial habitats for these creatures and transport it to a location near there LIKE THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (OFF TOPIC) those were some creative metal eating locust AND WHAT ALIEN RACE WAS BEING DEPICTED SAVING EARTH?????

[edit on 6/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But....I don't want this to happen.

I love them.

What did THEY do?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

This is the part of the darn oil mess that nobody really care about, the side that money, profits and promises will never be able to replace, fix or bring back again.

The lost of an entire ecosystem to never be replace in many generations to come.

The real catastrophe of all this is not even taken into consideration by the government and BP that is now in the financial stage to keep people happy with buy outs and pay outs.

But who is going to take responsibility for the environmental mess? the tax payer, the concern citizens and those that really feel the lost of something that will never be replaced in our lifetime.

The gulf for the next generations in the US will only be know as the pictures of beauty in the history books, to be remembered.

So sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Why can't we just do a mass relocation? Grad 20-30 commercial fishing boats and get fishing. Take them out of the GoM, somewhere they can be free and in open waters.

I agree 100% they can atleast do that, unless they want those who presented the georgia guidstone information to show the animals in the sea some real love?????

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rxinfinity
i really feel bad for the animals. i dont want to say this but sometimes it really make me feel ashame of being human

Then you are humble to your surrounding species!!!!! and that is a sign that you are a good human indeed STAY THAT WAY IT WILL BE BENIFICIAL LATER, I feel bad too for the sea animals who got to deal with humanities trash imagine if the situation was the air humans breath being destroyed from something BITTER, THEN I GUESS IT WOULD BE UNDERSTOOD THE MAGNITUDE OF WHAT THESE POOR INNOCENT POSITIVE FREQUENCY EMMITING CREATURES HAVE TO GO THRU....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It can be restored. It’s just gonna take a monumental cleanup effort. We may need to nuke the hole however!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
It can be restored. It’s just gonna take a monumental cleanup effort. We may need to nuke the hole however!

Question will this nuke attempt close the entire hole igniting any dangerous gasses or chemicals.... Or will it be totally benine to these chemicals and gasses???????? Someone tell me please.

[edit on 6/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Actually it took decades and millions to fix the Islands out of the coast of Louisiana to bring back the breeding grounds of the Golden pelicans and the problems was the islands were sinking after the dams were built to keep the City safe, not oil spill.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is help for the wildlife. People are not giving up completely. Better to try something and save some, than to do nothing and not save any.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I live and work in Virginia Beach and just yesterday I saw a massive whale heading straight toward the coast. It lunged the front half of its massive body into the air and made an amazing splash! Then it turned and swam along the shore just about 300 ft off of it. I've never seen anything like it before in my life! We get dolphins here all the time but whales...? It was perfect timing too as I had just gone outside on the balcony and the beast was swimming on a straight line towards me.

Anyways, my point is; This event made me wonder if I was seeing the first of the effects here in the mid Atlantic. I know I'm going to keep looking outside for more whale sightings so close to shore. Maybe it was just a fluke but i can't help but wonder.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I love being the sensible one on this issue in this mess of people whining, complaining and outright b****ing about the oil spill.

Here's what we do, we contain these safe zones where all of the wildlife are gathering. Obviously many of these places are overpopulated at the moment which means that many creatures will die off regardless because of how food supply works, so we set the populations to healthy and sustainable levels through enabling fishing, hunting, relocating, etc. Too many of one species mean an imbalance.
We need to closely control these areas that are designated and set up barriers that can hold back the oil and if any oil gets into these zones then we have the usual clean up.
Time however is of the essence on this as these zones need to be set up, the proper authorities and groups moved into position, etc.

These areas will provide the catalysts that the GoM needs until we can get the entire region cleaned up to proper levels. This isn't incredibly difficult, it just takes time, manpower and coordination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join