It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama's War on Oil

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Obama's War on Oil


www.abc.net.au

The repeated cancellation of Obama's Asian tour is more illustration of the adage that you can only be as strong abroad as you are at home.

After being forced to lobby for every single vote to pass basic healthcare regulation, the US president is now tied down by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster. Both events represent deep challenges facing American society - its out of control health care costs and its desperate addiction, shared by us all, to fossil fuels.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   


Why is Obama declaring a phony war against oil when he is owned by the corporate-governmental complex's Big Oil?

It was the same BP that bankrolled Obama's presidential campaign trail. Now he is 'backstabbing' them or just picking a fight with them for fun, or is it nothing but showbiz?



www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well just goes to show that what is depicted in the media, isn't entirely accurate of whats really going on. IMO the government, right and left wing, the corporations....these people are friends behind closed doors. Its almost like a big WWF show....give one of them a mic so they can point their finger at the "bad guy" and we'll all be in awe of the big show. and in reality both of them are having a beer when the shows over



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
well just goes to show that what is depicted in the media, isn't entirely accurate of whats really going on. IMO the government, right and left wing, the corporations....these people are friends behind closed doors. Its almost like a big WWF show....give one of them a mic so they can point their finger at the "bad guy" and we'll all be in awe of the big show. and in reality both of them are having a beer when the shows over


That's entirely true, but luckily, more and more people, including many here on ATS, are aware of the left-right divisional charade.

This charade is what the globalist elite want the people to believe in, so that we can waste your political energy bickering at each other instead of uniting and facing off against the new world order head-on.

Former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura was right.

Anyway, the war on oil is a total charade. All Obama and his Big Oil benefactors want is an oily Gulf of Mexico and fat bottom line profits from the destruction.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon
 


Our commander and chief is heading up the war on oil I am so proud.

You have to be brave and courageous to head up a war on oil. I want a

windmill for my car when everyone else is paying in the future $7.00 a

gallon at the pump for gasoline and diesel. When gasoline reaches

$7.00 per gallon will obama have won or lost the war on oil? ^Y^



[edit on 16-6-2010 by amari]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dont understand why his declaring war either. While I would agree this is just a political stunt, I think it be only fair to recognize that nothing will change until we stop using fossil fuels. The government cannot do anything alone (most of whom are in the back pockets of energy corporations anyway) and so long as americans point fingers but continue filling up at the tank, nothing will change. We depend on the fuel so until an affordable car friendly alternative comes into play, nothing will change.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I dont understand why his declaring war either. While I would agree this is just a political stunt, I think it be only fair to recognize that nothing will change until we stop using fossil fuels. The government cannot do anything alone (most of whom are in the back pockets of energy corporations anyway) and so long as americans point fingers but continue filling up at the tank, nothing will change. We depend on the fuel so until an affordable car friendly alternative comes into play, nothing will change.


8 presidents in a row have promised to "end our dependence on foreign oil".

I cannot link the proof right now without more work than i care to put into it. But tomorrow when Jon Stewart is available online, i can.


But i have very little faith in the intelligence of The People. We don't seem to be very smart, judging by the above stat.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon




Why is Obama declaring a phony war against oil when he is owned by the corporate-governmental complex's Big Oil?

It was the same BP that bankrolled Obama's presidential campaign trail. Now he is 'backstabbing' them or just picking a fight with them for fun, or is it nothing but showbiz?



www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)




The oil companies picked the wrong guy and probably put money into both candidates hoping for favors down the road.


Think about it if he was trying to help them it would look very different. He is doing the smart thing and using this to get us off the oil tit that funds our enemies.


Or he is in on it and stand to gain alot of money. I am still trying to figure it out.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join