It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Turkey is responsible for the nine deaths on that flotilla. Not Israel"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow,

So Israeli Commandos storm a turkish ship in "International Waters". and now it's the turks who are being blamed for the deaths onboard -

Read this -

Turkey is a member of NATO and a long-term ally of the United States

But you’d never know it to hear the contempt some members of Congress now have for Turkey after Israel intercepted a flotilla bound for Gaza and shot pro-Palestinian, Turkish activists on board

“As far as I am concerned, Turkey is responsible for the nine deaths on that flotilla. Not Israel,” said Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV). “I draw a line that they have just crossed.”

“I think because Turkey is a NATO ally, it’s even more disgraceful,” said Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY).

"There will be a cost if Turkey stays on its current heading,” Pence warned. “Turkey needs to count the cost.”

“The cost” Pence speaks of is a resolution that’s offered almost annually in the House to recognize the Armenian genocide. The non-binding measure notes how the Ottoman Empire (which controlled much of what is now Turkey) massacred the Armenian population in 1915

I would be interested to know what everyone else thinks of this article. These people seem really one sided to me and seem to want to blame Turkey no matter what.

They looking at blackmailing turkey as well with the whole Armenian issue, which was in 1915!!!!

Crazy.

congress.blogs.foxnews.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Wow...It seems that some of you rabidanti-zionists blame Israel for EVERYTHING.

You run a naval blockade then scream foul. Turkey sees that the US is toothless. They are siding with Iran on everything and now the Islamists are in charge. Yes...Turkey is to blame.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Don't worry about it, Israel and Fox news as usual are trolling at international level. They just want people's reaction and laugh with ridicule..they enjoy it. You are now aware why it's known as Faux Entertainment.

Originally posted by crmanager

Wow...It seems that some of you rabidanti-zionists blame Israel for EVERYTHING.

Here next time use this, will save you the time to type

join