It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks empowered Iceland Gov't to ungag TIs whistleblowers, journalist (videos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wikileaks empowered Iceland Gov't to ungag TIs whistleblowers, journalist (videos)

www.examiner.com

Human rights journalists under increasing suppression and abuse, whistleblowers, other Targeted Individuals, plus angry and fearful Gulf Coast Americans impacted most by corporate mediablack-out of BP's oil assault are among those most welcoming news today that Julian Assange's WikiLeaks' advised proposal for an international "new media haven" in Iceland is to proceed with a unanimous vote by the nation's Parliament.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Assange would also most welcome the Iceland Parliament decision. Daniel Ellsburg, America's 'Most Dangerous Man' according to Kissinger, fears a U.S. hit on Assange. Throughout the U.S. and the world, Targeted Individuals are being covertly threatened, injured and disappeared by secret agents with little or no protection or advocacy in the "war on terror' also known to journalists as the 'war on truth.'

In the war on terror, thugs, former military and other mercenaries are having a field day getting paid to hunt down, keep under suveillance and covertly assassinate people working for betterment of humanity, peacemakers now called terrorists.

This is just AWESOME NEWS!

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How convinient that such a safe haven would be in a place where there is no military forces to stop the rendition types. Even the police there is very 'light' as I understand it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Awesome news indeed, this is what we need more of.

People, News and all the affiliates connecting REAL ISSUES that are protected to show what is really happening in the world today

Todays corruption is massive on the Richter scale.

Imagine if this was the norm on the 'standard' news channels and how different the world would be in regards to how we perceive "what is normal" in current society.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Dear jpvskyfreak

Now chaps we just can not have people going around and exposing the truth. Just think how dangerous that would be.

Ordinary people knowing what there governments were really up to, it is just not cricket.

How could any government govern if people were to find out what was really happening and how they were lining their pockets at the ordinary person’s expense?

It just will not do.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I smell what you're cooking

The CIA , FBI and Pocket liners will be so hacked off by this decision it will create a world of pain for their unscrupulous operations.

Spread this news the blogosphere is going to go nuts with this new legislation! Even as a mainstream news reporter you should be elated by this ruling!

This is a massive landslide win for the people at large!

Now .... how do I buy shares in Wiki Leaks this is going to go crazy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Donate to their cause; don't try and profit from it.

This is a huge human rights victory! Iceland is now literally a 'safe haven' for whistle-blowers, and the gold standard for journalism laws! The entire world (specifically, the US) should model their system after this!

Two thumbs up!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

Yeah I did yesterday ... best thing I've done in ages ...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here is an overview of the NOW approved legislation ...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Call me over cautious but I think it's worth wondering why Iceland? Land of fire and ice... with the unpronouncable volcanoes... one of which is still due to blow, with many more in reserve? If creating a safe haven for whistleblowers is part of a greater plan wouldn't the location be chosen carefully by the people in control before the idea even reaches the public? Like everything else?

I commend the effort and ideals behind the idea but as with everything else think, research, consider before you leap. Don't be too quick to trust an idea just because it's good, and remember if it sounds too good to be true it often is.

To me this sounds beyond awesome... so I am suspicious. And isn't there an old saying about putting all your eggs in one basket? If eggs could blow whistles...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
reply to post by MAC269

I smell what you're cooking

The CIA , FBI and Pocket liners will be so hacked off by this decision it will create a world of pain for their unscrupulous operations.

Spread this news the blogosphere is going to go nuts with this new legislation! Even as a mainstream news reporter you should be elated by this ruling!

This is a massive landslide win for the people at large!

Now .... how do I buy shares in Wiki Leaks this is going to go crazy.

No it won't cause pain, it will bring about the newer version of NWO.

This new version will be called NWD (New World Disorder).

This disorder will continue until people accept the powers, and accept their lies, and accept that secrets are good.

That is what they are going to prove by creating disorder, that secrets are good.

After that, they will continue like normally.

Unless this is history changing event.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doyle

Well for one, Iceland is a very different place to America - their idea of freedom, is freedom - americas idea of freedom, is consumeristic-individualistic and aggressive.

Maybe Iceland can start up something like RT for english speaking listeners/watchers.

top topics

join