It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No need for Ghostbusters!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thier are no such things as ghosts. When you die you either go to heaven or hell. God doesnt make mistakes.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah, but, "who you gonna call?"

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Thier are no such things as ghosts. When you die you either go to heaven or hell. God doesnt make mistakes.

If god doesn't make mistakes, then why would you possibly feel pain when a loved one passes away. This pain has to come from somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your half-baked debunk...but some people have had real life experiences.

Also if you think God is omnipotent and can't make mistakes This is an interesting post

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Ahh yes another religous zealot I would like to kill.
(Nalatroz does not like them one bit, I may be supportive of other religions but wave a bible in my face I will break your nose, be you priest or commoner.)

Damn my gods for letting me have a conscience, and they say gods don't make mistakes(probably for the best that I do have one).

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Kill is a strong word. The unenlightened do not deserve death at your hand.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

why do you think I said it was probably for the best that my gods gave me a conscience. I'm a very angry individual(Blasted school teacher made fun of me and my religion, I made the teacher a dent in a metal table, I may of get expelled but he deserved it though[the pestering and making fun of had been going on for about 1.5 years before hand]). I virtualy have 3 main emotions myself, Rage, Anger and a small amount of humor that is wearing thin.

I naturaly want to be nice but i've put up with too many ignorant knaves.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
show me proof of god.
your god is an unfair god
a god that is a "my way or the highway" god

look at the world right now, its a sham
religion is a money maker. no doubt

but i respect faith
i realise the world may be a more stable place with religion (maybe not the middle east)

god requires faith, and faith alone

i might be wrong, and im sorry if i offended anyone
these are just my views.
same freedome of expresion as the thread starter

i find with religious people there is never an argument against there faith. they cant offer one shread of proof, but expect total agreement.

annoying is the word i am looking for

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yeah, but, "who you gonna call?"

"Ghostbusters!! When there's something strange in the naibourhood how you gonna call? Ghostbusters....!" I see no point in the thread...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

God

I'm sorry who?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nalatroz, not meaning to sound cynical or unaccepting, but seriously -

"I naturaly want to be nice but i've put up with too many ignorant knaves"

Do you think that maybe those ignorant knaves, are just as sick with of putting up with an angsty melodramatic pagan?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nalatroz

why do you think I said it was probably for the best that my gods gave me a conscience. I'm a very angry individual(Blasted school teacher made fun of me and my religion, I made the teacher a dent in a metal table, I may of get expelled but he deserved it though[the pestering and making fun of had been going on for about 1.5 years before hand]). I virtualy have 3 main emotions myself, Rage, Anger and a small amount of humor that is wearing thin.

I naturaly want to be nice but i've put up with too many ignorant knaves.

the best way to deal with that is to just focus on your beleifs and move on. anger is negative. and if you are negative it makes your beliefs look bad.
if your beleifs look bad, then people will pick faults with u personaly.
maybe a differant approach would suit you best.

thats good advice
for free.

rock on dude

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Iam not saying ur god is real But, "IF" your god made no mistakes what are we?........... we are a big F*&kin mistake!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I believe in ghosts.

(Warhappy: I also believe that humanity is a mistake.)

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
LOL Bangin, finally someone else

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
Nalatroz, not meaning to sound cynical or unaccepting, but seriously -

"I naturaly want to be nice but i've put up with too many ignorant knaves"

Do you think that maybe those ignorant knaves, are just as sick with of putting up with an angsty melodramatic pagan?

When I sit around minding to my own thoughts, and they come and wave the so called "holy" book in my face and preaching how god can save my soul I get a little fed up.
I put up with my girlfriends priest of a brother as well, and he constantly phones me and trys to preach.

and angsty is not a word. I was stating the truth in my account of what happened between me and the teacher so how is that melodramatic. Now this is melodramatic: "and I smote him upon the vastness of the astral plane and when I awoke he was naught but a empty vessel with his widow weeping o'er!" or "Thoust are most true my dear friends, but heed my call to arms or thou will never see the light of day from the chilling peaks of hell!"

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You can't possibly use God in an argument outside your religion. While you may believe in Him, many do not. Sorry, but you'll need to come up with a better argument.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
If god doesn't make mistakes, then why would you possibly feel pain when a loved one passes away. This pain has to come from somewhere.

Without pain, there wouldnt be pleasure. The two have to coexist.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
God does not make mistakes. I think ghosts are people who have unfinished business on earth. God gives them time to straighten this out. He never makes mistakes. Also, no offense Herman, but I thought you were more open-minded and intellegent than this. Rather weak argument.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs

God

I'm sorry who?

I think their talking about me

Let's start the worship

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join