It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws that need to exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This being my first post, it is bound to be long. I have been building up for so long I have way too much to say, though I will break it up into several posts. This though I feel is the most important post of all. “Laws that should exist but don’t”. Through very simple processes of contacting and getting people to sign up on petitions nation wide for these laws, we could get them passed in all 50 states in a matter of 2 years. The fact that this path hasn’t been taken before, I blame on the lack of computer based communication that we have today, which quite frankly TPTB are scared to death of worldwide. The basis for the laws should be simple: 1. They are stated in layman’s terms, so that at the majority can understand them. 2. They are simply written, with no pork thrown in. All bills should be less than 5pageslong and straight to the point, [no lawyer legalese that people will debate about for decades). 3. All bills are for the benefit of the majority of mankind, not the special elite. We have completely forgotten that we run this country. We are in control, not the Government. We as the public are actually able through the American process to dictate the actions of our government. We are able, if we wish, to keep them on a very short leash. The biggest thing we are lacking is organization. I would ask, after reading this post, and if you agree with me, to contact every single person you know, to see if they would support these laws. Please write me back at that point and I (hopefully with the help of all of you), will attempt to set up petition drives Nationwide to make these laws a reality and to put us on the track to true freedom. I’d like these to be known eventually as the Boyls 12. If every tea-party member was serious about this country , they would be carrying petitions not cardboard signs. You can publicly protest all you want, with the biggest signs you can make. If you are not carrying a petition with you at the same time, all you are doing is advertising a lost cause. We need to use the current system, to make legitimate changes.

1. Law regarding any new government bill:

This is very simple. All bills are required to have the following standards:

A: No bill can contain pork, period. If a specific senator / congressman wants a new library or any other special project for their state, they can simply make it a separate bill to be voted on after the fact. We can either trust the politicians when they promise to stop all pork belly spending, or we can simply make it a law where they no longer have a choice. Have you ever wondered why a person would spend millions of dollars of their own money to be put into a $200k per year job?
B: All bills need to be a maximum of five pages long, and written in layman terms. Big bills mean big money, (lately about a billion dollars a page). This would do two things, first: if a bill actually requires over a thousand pages, it would force them to break it into 200 different bills that would all have to be voted on individually. Secondly it would do away completely with the need for line item vetoes. We need to kick the lawyers out of Washington and produce simple bills that actually make sense to the American people. This will also send the lobbyists running scared. How can they possibly sift through thousands of bills to figure out which ones to throw the money at?
C: All bills have to have a method of payment. I will not attack the national deficit at this point (that will come later). All bills have to have a tax attached to them in order to exist. We can no longer dip into the non-existent well of money to support our needs. If Americans realize they actually have to pay for bills now and not later we will see a very different America.

2. Law requiring disclosure of anything that effects all of man kind.

Although this law should exist, I see a big grey area. The law should simply say that if not just America, but the entire world is at risk, the information can not be classified under national security constraints, and under law must be broadcast to every corner of the planet. This primarily goes to any extra terrestrial intelligence visiting this planet. They will likely still cover it up, we just need to make sure they go to jail if they do and are caught.

3. Law forcing bipartisanship
This is possibly my favorite. As far as I am concerned, having only two parties in this country has been our downfall. Yet because the two parties have become so powerful the idea of a third party, much less a fourth, fifth, sixth, or hundreds is only a dream. Therefore I propose the following law as an attack against the bipartisan system, allowing the flood gates open for many more parties. If a bill is worthy of getting passed in the United States, then it is worthy of having 75% of the vote, not 50%. Our current system is an atrocity. When the “nuclear option” can be used to push through trillion dollar bills that less than 50% of Americans agree on , but if that’s all we’re going to have, lets try our best to make it work for the people

4. Laws regarding penalties for government agents who defy these laws
This is the most simple of all. If an elected representative is caught breaking the law, including these 12, if convicted, it would be mandatory for them to spend the rest of their lives in prison. They are our leaders, and therefore should be held to a far higher standard. It is very simple, if you are an elected official, and you are found guilty of corruption, you automatically spend the rest of your life in prison. We need to trust our leaders. Yet they need to be held accountable under the strictest terms.

5. Law requiring full disclosure of past records for all elected public servants. And full vetting period..
This law should have been required 200 years ago, although back then they didn’t have the technology we have today. Any candidate for public office should be required to post the following information on the internet for everyone to see:
A :Certified Birth certificate

B: W2s or tax records for the last 10 years. (this includes current representatives, must be posted yearly)

C: Criminal record

D: Current credit score. (they do it to us, so why not?)

6 Law requiring all environmental disasters to immediately become the responsibility of the federal government.

It is very easy to go after the companies that are the cause of the disasters. I fully expect the government to have an emergency plan in place to deal with any future disaster. at could in any way affect the lives and incomes of American’s. If you do business in the U.S. The U.S. government has the responsibility to have a plan to deal with any worse case scenario that your business may be involved in. in short, The U.S. government immediately takes care of it. (we have the minds and the technology in the U.S.) and the persons or company if any exist, pay the bill in the end. Which is in the contract they sign to do business in the U.S.

7 Law requiring review of on-going pork spending in previous bills.

There needs to be a review of all bills that have been passed over the last ten years, specifically to look for pork projects. When these are found, if still current need to be defunded immediately. If no longer in effect the State government where the project took place has three months to come up with a plan to repay the American People. This investigation should be done by a non profit group of volunteers (which I would be happy to be a part of).

8 Law to review and make public all hidden aspects, of previous laws to ensure fairness.
Every law passed over the last ten years, should be analyzed and determined effective or ineffective. Every law that has worked, and every law that hasn’t worked should be reviewed and the results of every bill should be placed, for the View of Americans, on the internet so we can do our own analysis. Im no longer going to be happy with the $30,000 hammer, which is what I make a year.

9.Law allowing the immediate repealing of any previous law, excepting the constitition.
The American People, on a yearly basis need the ability to repeal any bill passed by the government the previous year. It should be mandatory that every ballot form during voting season has every bill passed the previous year for review. It will be up to people to do their homework on each bill. Yet if the majority of the people in the country reject a specific bill passed by the houses and the president, the bill is automatically null and void.

11. Laws enforcing immigration nation wide.

This is simple. If you get pulled over by the police, you are automatically asked for your license. If you can not provide this document, and you do not prove to be a citizen through the national database, you are simply detained until IMF Agents can pick you up and deport you to the county of your origin. Come here legally, or do not come here. Just an afterthought. Many people are going to call me racist on this one. 7% of all people sneaking across our southern border are OTM “Other than Mexican”. There are people sneaking across our border, WHO ARE NOT MEXICAN, that intend harm upon our country. We need to treat everybody the same. If they have broken the law to be here, they need to be deported. At the same time they need to be given an information packet on how to do it legally. Note: As a second way in, If a foreign entity from any country: A. Learns English, B. Enlists in the U.S. Military, and after four years is honorably discharged they automatically have citizenship. If you want to be a part of this country, you fight for this country.

12 And finally a jobs law.

A simple law that prohibits employers from asking their employees to work more than 50 hours a week would create millions of jobs. Tens of millions of people (mostly salary) work 60 to 70 hours a week. This would free up tens of millions of new job hours for the currently unemployed.

Here’s to creating a new country. We shall call it “America”, based on the original. We shall abide by the original constitution, but we shall create new laws to solidify the Constitution. For the fact is our forefathers, could not even begin to imagine the way of life we live now. Yet there was a very simple principle that they were all able to agree upon over two hundred years ago “ Power to the People”. We are the new founders. Long live America.

A little info on myself. My father helped to create the Libertarian Party. The platform for the party was written on my kitchen table two years before I was born. I am not a part of any organization or political party. I am a true independent. I honestly believe that we are on the verge of economic and political collapse, and I will do anything I can, as a person who loves America to stop this downward spiral any way I can as an individual. I will make less than 40K this year, and on average I work 60 hours a week, but I still love my country. I just believe we need to use common sense, and the Power of the People, to bring our country into a more sustainable state, to where we do not follow the same path as ancient Rome. We as the people need to wake up and take charge, before it is too late. If you live here and you still care, please help me save our country. Also I am aware that this post and it’s intent will make me the enemy of virtually every person in power in this country and probably the whole world. I don’t care. We need to change, and put the people back in charge of the planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As a human being, a natural entity, there are only two laws that I need to live by:

1) Do no harm

2) Cause no loss.

This applies to my actions and words.

Sadly, because I am human, I am not always able to keep to those two simple, natural, laws.

Anything written down on paper is frivilous, and superfluous to requirements.

Man-made laws are fallible, and easy to manipulate with a view to personal gain - just look at all the scandals that have broken over the last twelve months with "laws" that have been "abused".

Two laws, both natural. Easy to understand.... not hard to follow.

We don't need big governments, we only need two basic laws.

You decide.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Legislate for term limits in the house and senate..eight years perhaps 10 maximum..

thanks for the post, i appreciate the deep thought and good intentions,

~meathead

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
whats your rant have to do with the GOM, deepwater horizon disaster of an uncontrolled oil gusher some 35k ft deep and the ruptured wellhead in mile deep water ??

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not to derail, but I plucked a line from your post, which I think would be a GREAT title for a post dealing with pork and how congress sells out this country on a daily basis:

"Have you ever wondered why a person would spend millions of dollars of their own money to be put into a $200k per year job?"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Edit- tried to add the video of the speech... I can't... sorry

I think it would have been better had FDR's "Second Bill of Rights" been actually implemented.

Just my opinion... then maybe we would have jobs and education for everyone, yes, at a great expense, however, I would rather my tax money go to that then to bailout the idiots that live on Long Island and The Hamptons and serve the great fallacy of the Federal Reserve.
I know some of the " rights" would have been hard to ensure, but the man was on to something and had the guts to say it nationally as the POTUS.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The current well crisis is at 5,000 feet, not 35,000. My post is not a rant, it is a way to actually change things vs. just wishing things to happen. Not only does the government need to take control of this situation. They need to take a very close look as to why an industry in this country, was not regulated period. Otherwise why would there be no government plan whatsoever for a worsecase scenario in our country by a corporate entity working here? But the worst thing that can happen is that this derails the original conversation. It truly makes me curious about your post. The basis of this post is to offer an option to useless protest and to organize people to actually make a change in this country where the forementioned problems will be adressed and taken care of before any future problems occur. Join me, or start a new party with new ideas, or go out on the street screaming for the truth and change. Any of the above would be more proactive and helpful than bringing up individual issues that were actually brought up in the original text. That being said, I wish no member of ATS ill-will. To use an old quote "The Buck Stops Here". We may be the last stop against information tyrrany. So my friend, please keep an open mind to all of our countries problems not just one. We have to solve them all as a solvent community versus battling ourselves on individual parts of individual issues.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I do fully agree with you. The only problem being that the people currently in control of you, me, and the rest of the people on this planet do not agree with you, therefore will never voluntarily allow you that amount of freedom. The kicker is the Founders didn't get it perfect, but they left the door way open for us to change things when they go wrong. Do not discount anything those you disagree with say. Discuss the world. Discuss the issues that you hold dear and listen to your friends and neighbors. Figure out legitimate ways to change the world for the better. Then build a consensus. Then petition for new laws that others are likely to agree with. Do not be apathetic. YOU ACTUALLY CAN CHANGE THINGS. Just get the word out there, organize and get bills passed. Maybe its what you were born to do. Maybe you are a leader and not the follower thaey hope you will be. If so don't neglect your fellow humans. Make it happen!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Agaim, I would generally agree with you, but the simple truth is anything you want to legitimately change (if you do care) is going to have to be done by you. It is nice to go back in time and say what should have been passed by a then just as coorupt as now government. We are going to move into the future one of two ways: 1. We trusts our elected officials to do what we want them to do, reguardless of the millions they will recieve from lobbyists. 2. We actually get off our butts and create our own future. Help me change America! Lets give it back to the people!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Thank you my friend, I thought that line might catch a few peoples eyes. The question being are you willing to do more than talk about it. Are you willing to sign a petition? Are you willing to pass around a petition between your friends and family? Are you willing to stand on the street trying to get a petition signed? If so let me know. I want all true Americans to stand up right now and legally put the government back on the leash that they belong.

Once again THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Thank you, I fully agree. As soon as you start petitioning. I will not only sign it. I will get my friends and family to sign it, and I will stand on the street getting our fellow Americans to sign it. Just let me know.

new topics

top topics

join