It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I died in a nuclear blast, then woke up on the other side.

page: 1
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Sorry for the somewhat misleading title but as I awoke this morning this was all I could think.

I am a bit of a lucid dreamer, sometimes I will have the most fantastic dreams that I wish I could experience all the time. Other times I wake up to find my bed filled with giant grasshoppers.

However, I had one of the most fantastic uplifting dreams of my life last night. I dont nescessarily believe it was a warning of a disaster but boy did it feel real, I dont mean lucid dreaming real, I mean real.

In my dreams I tend to flow from one thing to another without really having the control to stop and understand what the current setting is before I move to something new. But it was different last night.

I stopped mid dream and found myself at my University campus with my two best friends, this is a normal situation of my everyday life as we attend lectures together. We were talking and for some reason I could talk back and say what I wanted, I have never experienced this ability before. Anyway as we were talking I could feel my feelings if that makes sense, I could feel amusement etc as I lay in my bed. After about a minute there was what sounded like a whistle, nobody around me or the campus seemed to notice, or they just werent interested - the campus is very close to the city (Edinburgh in Scotland). That is until the sky turned orange. An overwhelming fear overcame me. It wasnt a nightmare fear, it was an "Oh my God is this the end of the world fear!?" I looked at my freinds and we realised that it was indeed some kind of missle or explosion. People were frightened and the sky grew even more orange to the point that it was almost red. It became painful to look at, almost like staring at the sun but not as intense. I could feel my eyes burn in my physical sleeping body.

Something told me in my head, "Paul, this is it. You are going to die." I was so afraid, Its not that I couldnt wake up from this apparent nightmare, but more like it was impossiblt to wake up from it because it wasnt a dream. I hope that makes sense.

Knowing we were about to die, my friends and I cuddled together on the ground and cried together, said we loved eachother, I whispered to myself "I love you Mum and Dad" and closed our eyes. After about 10 to 15 seconds I felt like my whole body was vibrating very intensly but it was a burning sensation too. It was painful enough for me to grimace and moan in pain but not enough from me to scream out in agony. I cant even describe the feeling correctly, maybe it felt like your body was being electrified and burned at the same time. It almost felt chemical.

Usually I would have woken up at that moment, I rarely hang about in my dreams long enougn to feel pain. I usually pause the dream and exit from it just as something bad is about to happen. But I didnt. I died. I saw everything turn black, I felt my legs go numb, then my body, I couldnt feel my friends underneath my arms, I couldnt feel my tongue or my throat. The the pain and buzzing stopped.
I didnt rise to heaven or fall to hell, I just wasnt there anymore. I couldnt feel being anywhere at all.

Expecting to wake up I felt relaxed and comfortable, I could feel the muscles on my face smiling. Everything turned white, I was with my friends in a white room. At this point I couldnt believe I hadnt woken up or even flowed into a totally different dream. I dont know where it was, there was nobody else there apart from us three. I knew I had died and I was so happy, I wasnt sad, or scared. The last part in the white room was not as vivid as the dramatic event leading to it but it was definately there before I woke up.

I didnt wake up startled, or frightened. I just smiled and thought "I just died in a nuclear blast and woke up on the otherside" It was in incredibly uplifting feeling, I felt so comfortable knowing that I hadnt just died and that was it. I dont know what or where it was but my soul went somewhere after I died.




posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, that was one hell of a dream.

I wish I could remember my dreams that well.

BTW, do your dreams usually come true?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by jam321]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great dream


I only died in my dream once (from what I can remember) I remember dying and still dreaming (except I did not know I was dreaming) and I woke up in a hospital ward, but everything was in a black/bluish tint, and all the hospital beds were bright white and empty. I remember getting up and walking to the door and an immense bright light came from the door I opened (felt very warm and comfortable, like an amazing feeling I can only compare to being in a deep deep sleep, before you fall asleep and feeling tranquil). But I remember walking into it, then I felt a tug and I shot out of my dream. It was so intense I had to get up and throw some water in my face (and I never do that)



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sorry I forgot to mention that like everyone most of the time I dont remember my dreams but on the odd occasion I do, It doesnt seem to have any conditions unless its something completely huge like this one.

Its a feeling that you cant understand unless you have died in your dream. Ignorantly assuming we all feel the same sensations of course. Best way to describe it I think is feeling sensations and emotions both in your dream and in your physical body simultaniously.

Maddogsull: I know what you mean about not knowing you are dreaming. For some reason not knowing I was dreaming seemed to be the key reason I was able to pass over. If I had known I was dreaming im sure fear alone would have made me wake myself up.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Munji]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Very interesting, and thanks for sharing. I had an almost identical dream when I was younger (maybe 15 years ago or so). There's an Air Force base in my hometown, and in the dream I was on the base for no apparent reason. All of a sudden alarms started to sound and I immediately knew that nuclear missiles were about to hit. Then missile silos on the base opened up and launched (which is unrealistic because the actual base is only used for training and has no silos). Shortly after our missiles launched, the incoming nukes struck.

I don't recall any real emotions from the dream like you experienced, but I had the same sensation that I was indeed dying. Everything turned orange and fiery and my skin melted off until I was a skeleton, and then the skeleton burned away too. I don't remember feeling pain, but I do recall that everything turned black and I was thinking, "Wow, I'm dead. This is it." The dream obviously left a strong impression on me. I've always had very vivid dreams, but not to the extent that you describe. Anyway, I find the similarities interesting.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji
 


Almost exactly like the opening sequence of the Terminator Two movie sequel....

Sorry, but that's jsut your OWN imagination, using some visual memory that made an impression on you, at one time...

EVEN IF it wasn't THAT movie, it was something similar, from a past memory.

Cannot see how THAT counts as a "paranormal" experience.....



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012
Very interesting, and thanks for sharing. I had an almost identical dream when I was younger (maybe 15 years ago or so). There's an Air Force base in my hometown, and in the dream I was on the base for no apparent reason. All of a sudden alarms started to sound and I immediately knew that nuclear missiles were about to hit. Then missile silos on the base opened up and launched (which is unrealistic because the actual base is only used for training and has no silos). Shortly after our missiles launched, the incoming nukes struck.

I don't recall any real emotions from the dream like you experienced, but I had the same sensation that I was indeed dying. Everything turned orange and fiery and my skin melted off until I was a skeleton, and then the skeleton burned away too. I don't remember feeling pain, but I do recall that everything turned black and I was thinking, "Wow, I'm dead. This is it." The dream obviously left a strong impression on me. I've always had very vivid dreams, but not to the extent that you describe. Anyway, I find the similarities interesting.


Wow, thats interesting. I cant say I saw myself turn into a skeleten or felt my skin peel off, but who knows, maybe if I was experiencing it in third person I would have saw something similar. The fiery orange parallel is cool, as is being aware that you died.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


It is funny you can debunk his experience, because you are him of course. Relax we all know you are an atheist, he was not applying that there is such thing as an afterlife, only that he went to an afterlife after he died in his dream (or what he interpreted as an afterlife) I hate it when people try to debunk your own subjective experience. Ignorant really.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Munji
 


Almost exactly like the opening sequence of the Terminator Two movie sequel....

Sorry, but that's jsut your OWN imagination, using some visual memory that made an impression on you, at one time...

EVEN IF it wasn't THAT movie, it was something similar, from a past memory.

Cannot see how THAT counts as a "paranormal" experience.....


That is a good explanation, but I did specifically say that I didnt say it was some kind of apocalyptic warning. I mean dreams are if not anything else the culmination of everything we have experienced in our lives with a few tricks and liberties thrown in.

Not quite like the opening to Terminator 2, but I appreciate your point.

Well considering there are a handful of other dream threads in this section I thought it would be the best place to post.

Sorry dude.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Munji]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Munji]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji
 


Why are you saying sorry



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


The point is that he had a dream that felt as real as every day life and I have had a few dreams like that and I do consider them to be real.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by America?
 


Yes....dreams are like that.

Can be stunningly real, while you're dreaming. Brain is amazing, that way.

It isn't anything special though...just saying. Ever had one of those "flying" dreams? Just you, your body, not in a machine...

Or "death" dreams?

All mental, in your brain, your imagination. Perfectly explainable, and hardly 'paranormal' in nature...



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


Ahh the flying dreams, those are always interesting


But seriously there are tons of explanations towards dreaming and dying in your dream. But you cannot debunk his experience because you are not him. So saying sorry it is your imagination is completely false (it could be true) but to say it with 100% certainty is not accurate.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by Munji
 


Why are you saying sorry


Its impossible to win an argument on abovetopsecret so whatever, just go with the flow right?



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Munji
 



Something similar happened in my dreams last night too. very real. I was in china (at least I had the impression that I was). And a volcano erupted, but it was underground and very large and powerful. and it uplifted buildings 100 ft in the air and they flew, along with large rock and boulders. and the ground itself gave and opened up into nothingness. and the gravity of the earth was weakened for some reason so it was hard to walk.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
thats some crazy #

thats all I can say



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I lucid dream and I can control what I want to do but Its still hard for me to control when to end the dream or pause it, only when I become too desperate is the time where I can really control it and change to something else.
I usually feel my feet hitting the ground, my breathing etc all in the dream.
I dream alot about the world ending but only once I died in a dream.
I was taking the side stairs from a building (those outside made of metal, i dont know what you guys call them), and the stairs where missing some steps. I was crawling through the steps to be careful feeling angry about something someone in my dream told me and everyone was telling me to stop because it was dangerous.
I fell through a gap and I saw myself hitting the ground I felt tingling and an emotion of anxiety I cant explain but as I saw myself lying there I started crying. When I woke up I was startled so I tried to relax, after that dream I got the fear of heights


Sorry for the bad english :S

Edit: oh I still had moments where I was trying to hold a step and eventually someone tried to grab me but they failed and that was when I thought ''I'm going to die''.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danna]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danna
I lucid dream and I can control what I want to do but Its still hard for me to control when to end the dream or pause it, only when I become too desperate is the time where I can really control it and change to something else.
I usually feel my feet hitting the ground, my breathing etc all in the dream.
I dream alot about the world ending but only once I died in a dream.
I was taking the side stairs from a building (those outside made of metal, i dont know what you guys call them), and the stairs where missing some steps. I was crawling through the steps to be careful feeling angry about something someone in my dream told me and everyone was telling me to stop because it was dangerous.
I fell through a gap and I saw myself hitting the ground I felt tingling and an emotion of anxiety I cant explain but as I saw myself lying there I started crying. When I woke up I was startled so I tried to relax, after that dream I got the fear of heights


Sorry for the bad english :S

Edit: oh I still had moments where I was trying to hold a step and eventually someone tried to grab me but they failed and that was when I thought ''I'm going to die''.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danna]


Thats excellent, I think the emphasis of my experience is on the dieing and otherside part not so much on the feeling of emotions etc whilst dreaming - although this is strange to me personally.

Its stranget that you also felt tingling as you died. Thats what I felt but it was so intense it felt like burning.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hmm, if you were close to a real event like that in real life, would you even have time to feel anything? I've often wondered if people can feel themselves being vaporized. If you were really close, you probably wouldn't even register the pain of it, because it would be too fast. If you were a bit farther away, but close enough to burn up, you'd probably feel it for a few seconds, but then it would be over. Even a few seconds would hurt, but maybe it would be over quickly.

I hope if this ever happens the bomb lands right on my house. I'd rather be vaporized instantly or maybe burn up and feel it for a few seconds, than try to live in a nuclear fall out world.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


HA! what a arrogant reply.. How old did you say you were again weedwhacker?

You should take those reply's to the 9/11 section where your more comfortable.

Cool dream man. I enjoyed reading that


I never experienced and after-life before, that sounds exciting.

edit to add: S/F btw


[edit on 16-6-2010 by LightWonder]



new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join