It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by LarryLove

No, that is not truth, many threads are showing very good information about the spill, only those that sensationalize are behind the so call "hateful threads".

It is only my opinion, but a lot of these oil threads are derailing like those about Israel and Palestine. Yes, this is an emotionally charged situation and people want to vent their anger, but I think a lot of it is being misdirected.

um....what misdirection? I sure as hell am damn mad about this...oh yes I am! Greedy money-mongers destroying our environment! You bet I'm MAD!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by dampnickers

Its not the Brits.... It's BP....

You know Beyond Petroleum?

This is the point i'm trying to get across over and over again, yet people still add posts stating BP...BRITISH Petroleum!!!!

Britain has 40% share of that Company
USA has 39% share of that Company.

Yet this whole thing is played out in the media and by the American President as if the wole Company is owned and run by British people. Hence shoving the blame to us.

You can't tell me America has had no influence or say in BP's operations!

Like I say, Obama, stabbed an ally in the back. Nice one Obama.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Cmon guys, we all know this was merely a false flag to topple yet another domino. It's working as planned as the true cell deals all cards and plays all hands. Yet another time sink for the people, just like 911, murder and calamity for control and profits. Slipping the noose around all our knecks as we're mezmerized by the production of the play.

they raise the estimates every couple weeks to lessen the impact on the people, spread the truth out over time, so only those ho care to know.. know! i mean we don't even know what's going on.. we really don't. I know it was allowed to occur though, and corps don't plan to lose money.. it happened for a reason. I don't think it was merely to cut corners. Maybe activate a play where the profit will be seen years.. decades later.

think big

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Cmon guys, we all know this was merely a false flag to topple yet another domino. It's working as planned as the true cell deals all cards and plays all hands. Yet another time sink for the people, just like 911, murder and calamity for control and profits. Slipping the noose around all our knecks as we're mezmerized by the production of the play.

they raise the estimates every couple weeks to lessen the impact on the people, spread the truth out over time, so only those ho care to know.. know! i mean we don't even know what's going on.. we really don't. I know it was allowed to occur though, and corps don't plan to lose money.. it happened for a reason. I don't think it was merely to cut corners. Maybe activate a play where the profit will be seen years.. decades later.

think big

I concur...

this was a staged event to grab more power and money

lets just hope next week it doesn't exponentially worse with the false flag warnings we've seen

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So just to be sure I get this right, if I lease a building in London and knowingly break laws that would prevent the building from collapsing on itself and killing scores of people while releasing toxic chemicals causing the devastation of the entire city, would you blame me or would you blame the company that I'm leasing the building from?

Further if I prevented the small people in your country from cleaning up after the mess that I made based on my choice to break laws, how would you feel?

I'm all for blame going out proportionately to each and every responsible company, but this "Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???" for being mad at BP, who admittedly is by and far the largest corporate entity deserving of blame, is ridiculous. Sorry, no "poor, poor BP" from me.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Yea man, there seem to be many synchronicities dealing with disaster and actual happenings, and humanity in general seems to be slipping into an even more bizarre state of simultaneous despair/hope, I think we're nearing a nexus of realities in a sense, the potential for very dramatic changes are here and many are bidding for the power to enact their own particular vision.

So many magnitudes and shades of power vying for control, at the expense of all men and women and children.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

I'm all for blame going out proportionately to each and every responsible company, but this "Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???"

I agree with you, dish out blame where blame is due.

American’s own and run BP too not just the Brits.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Why are you all bitching about BP?

What is the problem with this site all of a sudden?

Did we all forget to deny ignorance recently?

The Deepwater drilling rig was owned by an AMERICAN company: uk.ask.com...

The rig was under lease to BP until 2013 from an AMERICAN company.

It was being operated by AMERICANS at the time of the disaster...

So why is it that the BRITISH are responsible?

Every thread I have looked at related to this issue blames the British and British Petroleum for this disaster.

Well, for starters you could educate yourself rather than expecting us to do the difficult task of using Google for you.

Transocean Chief: Safety-Device Modification Requested By BP

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- Alterations to a deepwater drilling safety-device that BP Plc (BP) has been unable to operate were made at the request of BP, according to the chief executive of an oil company hired by BP to work on a Gulf of Mexico drilling project.

Rep. Bart Stupak (D, Mich.), said Wednesday the device, known as a blowout preventer, was modified in "unexpected ways," including one change that was " potentially significant." He said a useless part known as a test ram had been connected to a socket, citing investigations by BP.

But Transocean Chief Executive Steven Newman told the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee that "the modification referred to" was the result of an agreement between BP and Transocean five years ago and "it was done at BP's request and BP's expense."

BP Pressured Rig Worker to Hurry Before Disaster, Father Says

On previous wells drilled with the same rig, Jason Anderson, a 35-year-old employee of vessel owner Transocean Ltd., had been able to convince BP representatives to eschew shortcuts that he believed would compromise safety, his father said. But in the eight weeks preceding the disaster, BP stepped up the pressure and overruled safety objections, Billy Anderson, 66, said.

“My Jason told me he had argued BP down a few times on previous wells when they wanted him to speed things up and make changes that were unsafe,” Billy Anderson said yesterday in an interview at his home near Blessing, Texas, about 110 miles southwest of Houston. “But the last two times he was home he said they were putting more and more pressure on him and he was worried.”

Add those items to the fact that BP has been more concerned about managing INFORMATION about the disaster rather than managing the disaster itself and you don't have a scapegoat - you have a villain.

Investigate Transocean? Sure. Halliburton? Of course. But you're taking the opposite role, apparently trying to prevent blame from falling on BP.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Cmon guys, we all know this was merely a false flag to topple yet another domino.

:sigh:

Now I know how to be a good conspiracy theorist. Assume anything is a "false flag."

If it's a false flag, then why is EVERYONE involved playing along? BP, Transocean, etc?

Oh, I forgot - "false flag" is a kneejerk reaction to everything in the hopes that after you've done it 100 times you'll be right about exactly 1 instance. Then you'll be lauded as a genius who saw through the plot.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

PLaying along.. maybe because they're on the same team?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Right, I think we need to stop the pettiness with 'its a british company' , 'oh but its 40% owned by americans' and blah blah, lets face it, its a multi-national company and its almost entirely their fault this has happened.

Ive seen a few anti-british (people, not company) comments from this, and Ive seen some British get over-defensive about that. For the most part though its been common sense and knowing that it doesnt matter where the company was founded or who owns the most shares, or what nationality the bosses and workers were. All that matters is that theres a leak in the Earth that right now seems unstoppable and all evidence points to it only getting worse.

I love the banter between Americans and British, we can appear to really not like each-other sometimes and thats because we have slightly different cultures, and are too far apart for our masses to mingle properly to get to know each-other instead of what wee see through the telly.

I see us as squabbling siblings, disagreeing and shouting the odd bit of abuse over the water. But when it comes to catastrophies, war etc, we're instantly shoulder-to-shoulder with one-another because we are literally two peas from the same pod and will always stick together 'till the end.

Can we kiss and make up like we know we will and turn our attention back to the common enemy that's actually at fault here?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Cmon guys, we all know this was merely a false flag to topple yet another domino.

:sigh:

Now I know how to be a good conspiracy theorist. Assume anything is a "false flag."

If it's a false flag, then why is EVERYONE involved playing along? BP, Transocean, etc?

Oh, I forgot - "false flag" is a kneejerk reaction to everything in the hopes that after you've done it 100 times you'll be right about exactly 1 instance. Then you'll be lauded as a genius who saw through the plot.

it's being called a false flag because IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!!!

instead it was pushed forward knowing that something like this would happen, and the fact that it was originally posted at 5,000 barrels a day,when they knew fully that it was much much worse than that.

they knew the risks they were taking, and with that in mind, the only reasonable outcome was that they did this intentionally

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes, bp is just an enemy propped up to absorb public disgust. Just like presidents are propped up to be simultaneously loved and hated. they're keeping us occupied. and the news! The news yesterday was saying things people on the internet have been discussing for over a month... it was kind of creepy. If the net goes.. we're under total control information wise.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes, bp is just an enemy propped up to absorb public disgust. Just like presidents are propped up to be simultaneously loved and hated. they're keeping us occupied. and the news! The news yesterday was saying things people on the internet have been discussing for over a month... it was kind of creepy. If the net goes.. we're under total control information wise.

the net going 'down' is my worst nightmare, then we are totally under their mass media control

bad news when those EMPs go off...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

The madness of simply not knowing what is happening.. only knowing that it is not in our best interest.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

BP is responsible, i say that as a British person.

However i understand that there is a difference between blaiming a company and blaiming an entire country and it's citizens. I have seen online where americans are saying "**** the British" like any of the general populous has any say about what a company like BP does.

If we're going to blaim a country for what companies within it are doing then america has a lot to answer for. Various companies strip mine vast tracks of land but you don't hear said countries blaiming the entire american populous.

This is BP's fault, leave the British out of it please.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Seriously people do you all think BP is a British company? Please for the last time, it is 39% owned by Americans. Please deny ignorance.

Of course its a british company!

Its registered in london, england.

It does not matter what percentage of stock is non-british.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Seriously people do you all think BP is a British company? Please for the last time, it is 39% owned by Americans. Please deny ignorance.

Of course its a british company!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Tykonos]

deleted

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As for all the blame going to BP I think its quite unfair. Yes it is primarily their responsibility because they were operating a leased rig, but certainly its the american governments fault as well for loose regulations.

Some of the blame may also be put on halibutron and the rig owner. I don't know the exact percentage of blame because it is not my job to determine such things. That is why we have a legal system, to determine faults!

I think this entire thread is nothing more than escapism, denial and misdirection. We should be worried about plugging the leak, not playing judge. I think obama is overwhelmed with problems and is looking for easy scapegoats to relieve some pressure off himself. I don't blame him in this regard because it was those nasty republicans that laid the ground work for corporations to run amok on government and the people.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Repub and democrat are two sides of the same coin.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join