It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans (and others) What is your PROBLEM!???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Nothing on/over that well was bps, contracted & American, they just had the rights to drill the well,

But hey if a retarded kid found a gun in my house pulled the trigger and he shot himself dead, i would admit the gun was mine that i should have been more responsible, and watching closer, but please don't try and pin a murdur on me, BP have admitted responsibilty but there not to blame. big difference

Infact id much rather believe in foul play, either that or stop employing idiots from overseas and old junk to work with, i think thats all there guilty off TBFH

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You know what I noticed today during the "investigation" by Congress to the BP CEO? They grilled his butt about making bad decisions for the love of money. Well, I bet that everyone one of those congressmen took money from oil lobbyist during their tenures. Hypocrites! Everything that BP did was approved by the MMS of the Fed, but they are acting as if it solely the CEO's fault. I will admit that the CEO acted as if he was an idiot, but the congressmen are just as guilty! Stop blaming and fix the leak!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity
You folks seem to omit the fact that it was a BP employee who made the decisions that were taken before the explosion.

The oilmen on the rig wanted to do things differently.

BP is responsible in every way.

Also as mentioned on the daily show, BP has more violations
and accidents than the other big 4 oil companies combined.

It has a track record for screwing up.

If its record for mishaps was on par with the others I'd say it
was a one off, but BP also held the rig workers and would not
release them til they signed non-disclosure agreements.

That is borderline on kidnapping in my books.

BP management is scum.

The british ppl by and large are good folks.

BP does not equal the British ppl.

As Union Carbide does not equal the american ppl with what
happened in Bhopal years ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
on tv today they said that some oil compnaies had 1 to maybe 8 violations in one year to over 700 in 1 year for BP.Now do you maybe think these people should be in some other line of work, and another question asked is where are they dumping (on land ) some of this goo, maybe we should ship it to the front lawns of these BP owners..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I thought this topic was about the anti-British sentiment due to BP turning the Gulf of Mexico black. It seems I was mistaken, and that this topic is about who is to blame for this mess.

But this is my input :

- Obama changed calling BP from BP to British Petroleum- Americans been burning British flags at demonstrations against the crisis (it's funny since there is a topic where Americans felt attacked due to a British football(soccer) fan burning an American flag because the American owners are destroying "his" club).

My question to the American people is... would you not call this anti-British sentiment and also that the blame is being put on Britainn?

The thing to remember though, is that when people speak they always generalize, which all sides of the discussion should take into account. (It's hard to say (example) that out of every 10 Brits only 7 are fed of with the US attitude towards Britain. It's easier to say that Britain is fed up, even though risking the fact that every 3 out of 10 wouldn't appreciate this statement, since they do not share this opinion.

Also, why are people playing the blame game? Isn't it more important to fix this problem which, will, effect the whole world? I think that after the leak is fixed, we can all have a bitchfight.

But the question I have after watching the senat yesterday. If BP has such a bad track record, why was nobody paying any attention to them?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Get real! BP is to blame. Did you watch the testimony on Capital Hill?

If you did, you had ear plugs in. I'm tired of everyone out of the states crying boo hoo, It's just a spill. Let me break the the sewer pipe in your backyard and let it "spill" for a month of Sundays in your area. You'd be pitching a fit. But somehow you would blame the USA.

Yeah the rig is a lease, Have you ever rented or leased a car? If you wreck it, is it the Fault of the USA too? I am sure you will figure a way to lay blame on someone else, Oh the car was American made, so me wrecking into the wall or whatever is their fault' LoL give me a break. You are showing your ignorance IMO. Cut yourself shaving today? Well it's the Americans fault for making the razor. Tony Hayward and BP are all fools and are all to blame. Did you hear about the stock sale? The paid off mansion? I didn't think so. Have you seen the pictures of our ocean being killed? Sure Americans and other people from other companies worked on the rig at the time, their all to blame to some point. BUT it is BP who should be responsible for all actions on the rig they lease and operate IMO. Hayward and all the incompetent jackasses at British Petroleum are to blame. Capital hill testimony proves this. The compensation BP will pay is proof. They say the air quality is great, because they have air quality monitors that tell them so, Get real, It has been investigated, there are NO air quality monitors there. another short coming from BP. Why all the secrecy? Why the no fly zone? Why are no journalists allowed to take a boat ride or plane flight to document this? Because British Petroleum wants to salvage the sh#@&y reputation they know they have. No amount of misdirection or sh#% spewed will change that, British Petroleum is to blame and need to be held accountable for their actions.

Flame me if you want, Blame the States for my post if you like. It wont change the fact that BP is to blame. Hayward says, Oh with all due respect we drill hundreds of wells a year, one is bound to leak or blow. hahahah to
funny. They need to grow a set and man up to the disaster they created in OUR backyard! I am tired of all the BS I'm reading from people thousands of miles away. This thing is just beginning, This will go on for years, the impact and destruction on our environment is tremendous and sickening.
and the excuses others are giving BP is just as sickening. Just my two cents, If you don't like it blame the USA!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Do you know what this topic is about?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yes sir, I do. I am just trying to get a point across. BP should be held responsible. Not just Americans. I really am sorry for the rant...Just frustrated.

And before anyone labels me anything.. I am married to a girl from Liverpool.
Just a little angry at most calling it a "spill" and that BP has no blame.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Why are you all bitching about BP?
(Retrievable information deleted for space)
Rocket science it aint.

Thoughts anyone?

[edited to add an important point]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by dampnickers]

It's got BP logo, BP support, and the profits go to BP. The oil is eventually turned into fuel that goes to BP gas stations. The issue has BP CEO doing all the talking and BP setting up claims centers throughout the affected gulf region.

It really does not matter how it got there or who actually pulled the trigger. Victims go after the final resting place of the paper trail. If BP wants to share in the blame, BP can do like the rest of US citizens and file a civil suit against their sources or start naming partner names and providing details in the criminal negligence. Since that has yet to happen, BP, it is, to place the blame and responsibility.

If it comes right down to it, people who drive cars are the ultimate blame but if our government went after them then it would open up a can of spoiled worms that our officials really don't want to open.

Yes, BP is the scapegoat but an alternative would mean the public can get access to classified material that our US leaders, world leaders, and shareholders don't want the public to know about. That would lead into actually making changes in the way our government behaves and that would then lead to a massive movement to change the way corporations behave worldwide. Not only that, but it would affect how our limited resources will be handled in the future.

What is going to happen is that BP will agree to being responsible, go through the motions of doing the right thing, and our government will provide ways of paying for the problem with taxpayer's money without the taxpayer's knowing. That's just the way things are and the way its has been for decades. Get used to it or do something to change it.

I am glad to see that the original post did point out the discrepency in public reasoning. Unfortunately, most of US citizens just want the easy life no matter how they get it. Their perceptions are easily manipulated as long as they think they are getting something out of the deal.

Iraq and Afganistan are not going so well for us and the economy is not bouncing back as fast as it usually does and this is having a negative affect on the bottomless pockets of Wall Street. The accident in the gulf is the perfect smokescreen to divert the attention of US citizens. My Polish granfather lived by this rule: never pay so much attention to the hand that is being offered that you forget you have to keep your eye on where the other hand is going. The oil spill is just the hand being offered to the US public while they do their real business with the hand you don't see.

This is the perfect opportunity to get the public to bail out insurance companies. ( www.wnd.com... ) It is the perfect opprtunity to send more troops into the Middle East. It is the perfect opportunity to start the campaign to get re-elected! You didn't actually think that our government would allow BP to go under, did you? BP paid too much on campaign contributions and "other" benefits for our wonderful leaders to let that happen. Agreements are agreements and BP is in agreement to not make waves that would cause the US public to ask too many questions about the other hand. In return BP will not have to pay anything that our taxpayers will not reimburse. We have an addiction to oil. Right there is reason enough to just slip quietly out of the spotlight as soon as the elected officials find another hand to focus on.

If our government and people were really serious about this, don’t you think we would have had our butts out their cleaning up the mess and issuing a cease order and billing whoever later after the trials and civil suits?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by peggy m]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EGO84
- Obama changed calling BP from BP to British Petroleum- Americans been burning British flags at demonstrations against the crisis (it's funny since there is a topic where Americans felt attacked due to a British football(soccer) fan burning an American flag because the American owners are destroying "his" club).

Gotta call b.s. on this one man... methinks you need to post some links to Americans burning a British Flag please.

Swear to God, the only thing making me angrier than BP and the U.S. government right now are you people making up unnecessary drama about how the American people blame the British people for this. We've got enough to worry about right now without hand holding crybabies that wouldn't be able to see a media hack job if it bit them in the ass.

Incidentally, I remember the thread about the American flag burning - and as an American, I had no problem with it. Reference the post if you like.

Oh, one more thing - if you don't like the fact that BP is being referred to as British Petroleum (which itself isn't that big a deal since BP's about as British as Kentucky Fried Chicken), then petition the company to change the damn name. That'd be like me getting mad that you continually call us the United States when our name is clearly the U.S.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
According to BP modus operadae, exploration is not what they get involved in. BP only get involved with the drilling, as and when actual oil is struck. The all American company DEEPWATER HORIZON Ltd were totally independent, on their own, drilling the exploration well 252 in 5,000 feet depth of water. Drilling below 3,000 feet depth of water is internationally condemned, because the whole environment below 3,000 feet under the water is alien in nature. When the entirely completely USA oil exploration company DEEPWATER HORIZON Ltd notified the world that they had struck oil, that is when BP taking an interest decided to buy it up, so as to exploit it, as is BP company policy. Unfortunately, it was not a safe purchase, since a mere week later, it suffered the catastrophic blow out. It is DEEPWATER HORIZON Ltd and the HALIBURTON Ltd workers employed there by who should be traced and held accountable for their mistakes. BP Plc is currently investigating and will publish their findings as soon as they can. There are no British working on the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. All the workers on the rigs are of USA nationality. All the engineering decissions were and are made by USA nationals. BP are not the Top Dog that you might think them to be. I cannot see how BP can be held responsible when so obviously it is not their doing. The USA Congress were singing "Drill Baby Drill" too much and guess what ? DEEPWATER HORIZON 252 gets a massive problem. Citizens in the USA might not be able to see their own guilt in this disaster ? Why ?

I suspect that BP Plc have paid out the $20 Billion USD as a sign of friendship between the USA and the British Isles. If it was an USA drilling, in British waters, that had went wrong, we hope that the USA would be so kind as to do the same toward us in the British Isles ? BP are very professional in all their doings and will certainly be able to fix the problems at well 252. In fact I suspect that the problem is already fixed ?

Oil is a messy way by which to power the world. Obviously we all need to get the "Negative Resistance Crystals" taught about by various researchers like the Canadian Hutchinson with his Hutchinson Effect. Also Thomas Bearden. "Negative Resistance Crystals" are by harmonic resonance impedance, impeding on Cosmic Ray energy, thus producing an electric current that appears to be coming out of thin air. Quartz "SiO" is all around us, and is massively electrical. But not in the 50Hz range. In order to exploit Quartz "SiO" crystals we would need to reconfigure all of our electronic appliances to operate on the frequency being transmitted by the Silicon Oxide "quartz" crystals.

[edit on 18/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Gotta call b.s. on this one man... methinks you need to post some links to Americans burning a British Flag please.

Swear to God, the only thing making me angrier than BP and the U.S. government right now are you people making up unnecessary drama about how the American people blame the British people for this. We've got enough to worry about right now without hand holding crybabies that wouldn't be able to see a media hack job if it bit them in the ass.

Incidentally, I remember the thread about the American flag burning - and as an American, I had no problem with it. Reference the post if you like.

Oh, one more thing - if you don't like the fact that BP is being referred to as British Petroleum (which itself isn't that big a deal since BP's about as British as Kentucky Fried Chicken), then petition the company to change the damn name. That'd be like me getting mad that you continually call us the United States when our name is clearly the U.S.

Point is... in a crisis.. don't attack your friends, since there is no point at pointing at the British people. Because pissing of your friends is not something you need to do, and especially not at a time like this. Would you not agree? That's what this topic is about, you can try and twist and turn it around if you wish(but that would show ignorance and arrogance on your part).

We're saying.. quit bitching about Britain. You can agree, or not... or you could try and understand it from a British perspective. Simple as...

p.s. I have no problem with the name of BP, only with the certain attitude change.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Sigh...

Okay, I'm going to say this slowly so hopefully it will sink in. I want you to pay very close attention... okay? Are you ready?

AMERICANS DO NOT BLAME BRITAIN FOR THIS DISASTER - WE ARE NOT BITCHING ABOUT THE BRITISH - WE ARE NOT ATTACKING THE BRITISH - WE LIKE THE BRITISH - EVEN MORE IF YOU CAN TIE ALGERIA AND THROW US A BONE TODAY

Now, if you want to continue embracing ignorance, and buying these b.s. stories in the press about how there's a growing "rift" between us because our inept President is throwing the hammer at BP, then that's your right. There's nothing I can do about that. All I can do is hope that you see past the divide-and-conquer routine and the melodrama that the press is apparently force feeding you that is completely fictitious.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Quote by CAELENIUM:
"I suspect that BP Plc have paid out the $20 Billion USD as a sign of friendship between the USA and the British Isles."

Response by manta78:
Although I have no problem with the British people per se, BP did NOT agree to pay the $20 billion in installments out of friendship.

They did it out of FEAR that the following would be enacted if they
didn't agree to the fund:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc. Information :

"Federal law allows agencies to suspend or bar from government contracts companies that engage in fraudulent, reckless or criminal conduct. The sanctions can be applied to a single facility or an entire corporation. Government agencies have the power to forbid a company to collect any benefit from the federal government in the forms of contracts, land leases, drilling rights, or loans.

The most serious, sweeping kind of suspension is called "discretionary debarment" and it is applied to an entire company. If this were imposed on BP, it would cancel not only the company's contracts to sell fuel to the military but prohibit BP from leasing or renewing drilling leases on federal land. In the worst case, it could also lead to the cancellation of BP's existing federal leases, worth billions of dollars."

Source: gcaptain.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but in reality BP, like many other large corporations, operate and make assessments/responses based upon potential risk, not goodwill.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I think you're getting the wrong impression, I apologize. We are cool, I like America and Americans in general! I just don't like the Britsh bashing(which I'm not stating the entire US is doing, my post is aimed at those that do, not those that don't), which has happened, but maybe more so thanks to president Obama.

About the flag burning ect. I found another article which has a similar (although not burning) incident. Bottom picture. activerain.com... and www.flickr.com...

Read this about the flag burning:

www.access-programmers.co.uk...

Still call it BS?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Well, I guess it's not b.s. Not quite flag burning, but still seriously disrespectful... first time I've seen someone take their frustrations out on the Union Jack.

I guess I'm just not seeing all the brit bashing you're alluding to. The press over here's talking about the stories in the UK Daily Mail, but that's about it. Aside from that, all I can tell you is that no one I know blames the Brits for this or has any feelings of ill will towards you guys. I'm sure there are closet imbeciles in this country that can't separate the two, but fortunately for me at least they're not getting any airtime.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ya know, regardless of who built the rig or maned the rig or attempted to concrete in the well, the fact remains it always was BP's attempt to drill the well. Everyone else were sub contractors. It was stated earlier that greed was at fault, well there is no greater motivation for taking risks at the expense of the rest of us or the planet than the fullfillment of greed via the persuit of the allmighty dollar.
Do not think for one minute that BP doesn't hold responcibility for this disaster.
Th whole of the oil industry have raked in trillions of dollars over the past hundred years and have done very little to protect the rest of the enviroment in regard to their drilling practices. Most of their reinvestment into the industry has related to fostering news ways of drilling difficult to reach areas , not investing in safer ways of drilling. Human greed seldom steps aside to make way for pragmatic behavior, unless it pads the bottem line for it's corperate investors and this is nothing more than a perfact example of that very behavior.
Do we use the gas? Absolutely! Did Halliburton makes it's money on it's contract to cap the well, maybe. Did the leassing company that owned the rig get paid for the rig by the insurance company, probably. Welcome to capitolism, you may not like it, you may think it stinks, but that's how it works and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.
They sure as hell haven't asked me for my opinion lately nor have they shared their profits me. In fact they've continued to raise fuel prices day in and day out for the most rediculous reasons imaginable.
I say F@#% um. I hope it buryies the company, and sends a message to the rest of them that when they put profits before safety and global responsibility that karma is going to come and bite you right in the arse.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

My question to the American people is... would you not call this anti-British sentiment and also that the blame is being put on Britainn?

I agree, some of the statements here are anti-British. But I think most are directed at BP the entity. The corporation is made up of a lot of Nationality's Also their track record not being noticed could be the lobbying going on, The money being passed on. Obama received an awful lot of contribution cash for his run as prez. Not sure the amount, can research if you like.

Look the other way cash, so to speak, Lax code enforcement, kickbacks you name it, I'm sure it goes on. And I think people, in the time of crisis, Need someone or thing to blame initially, Than maybe rationalize and analyze the situation rationally. I also agree, We all need to stand up in some way with outrage. If we the people went on strike for a month,

I mean bosses down the line of companies, Could we open their eyes?, Could we get it even to happen? How many in the country would participate? If all did I think it would make a BOLD statement. I hope we can, I dream, someday, we the people can unite. Every generation needs a new revolution.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by C21H30O2I]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The top five have invested something in the region of 20M Dollars (1 to 5 years) in safety... How many Billions have the top 5 made in oil in the last 5years. It ain't rocket science to work it out that they don't give a collective damn about the Environment, it hit BP first, it could have been an American company drilling in say the far East who made a mess of a certain region.
Pointing the finger at just one group is wrong, I could go on about how BP paid "back-handers" to certain American officials so as not to have too stringint safety cautions applied to off shore drilling, but I wont point the finger at em, cause when all is said and done, the media will one day pick that up and run with it, but only when the fire has dies down and the smoke blown away (if ever).

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Point is... in a crisis.. don't attack your friends, since there is no point at pointing at the British people. Because pissing of your friends is not something you need to do, and especially not at a time like this. Would you not agree? That's what this topic is about, you can try and twist and turn it around if you wish(but that would show ignorance and arrogance on your part).

We're saying.. quit bitching about Britain. You can agree, or not... or you could try and understand it from a British perspective. Simple as...

p.s. I have no problem with the name of BP, only with the certain attitude change.

I can see both sides of this prejudiced issue: Fear mongering produces war mongering and generalizations about a government or company from a specific geographical area becomes generalizations and war mongering against all residents of that area. My solution is to narrow the scope and focus on specifics.

A corporation that adopted an abreviated name and the leaders of nations who allowed everything to take place. They say the dung ball rolls down the mountain but we need stop focusing on the dung and concentrate on who it is that keeps sending these rollers our way.

It is all word connotation. If I say dung, you think it means what? If I say US, you think that means what? If I say British Petroleum, it means what? Say what you mean and mean what you say! We all got caught with our hands in the cookie jar, at least own up to who's hand was being followed.

It all points up hill. Don't generalize a people for what the leaders do. Or at least try to get the words for the song performed by System of a Down "B.Y.O.B." It's hard to listen to but the message is there that we each need to pay more attention to. Why are we allowing ourselves to be the pawns in some leaders' game? Think about it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join