It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Antey-2500 S-300VM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Antey-2500 is designed to combat aircraft and tactical missiles, including ballistic missiles with a launch range of up to 2,500 kilometers. The Antey-2500 mobile complex, developed on the basis of the well-known S-300V [SA-12] air defense complex, is a new-generation system, capable of autonomous combat action. It can simultaneously engage 24 aerodynamic targets, including stealth targets, or 16 ballistic targets with a RCS of up to 0.02 meters, flying at speeds of up to 4,500 m/s. Improved characteristics of the radar information facilities and optimization of radar signal processing technics make it possible to combat high-speed ballistic targets with a small radar cross section. Antey-2500 can effectively protect an area of up to 2,500 sq. km and engage targets at altitudes of 25 to 40,000 m.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
antey is really export version.., there is also naval SAM version of it, russia now fields the latest S-400 triumph in service

rfforces.net...

here is a picture of a similar system the Favorit:

[edit on 11-6-2004 by feindflug]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug
antey is really export version

looks like i was wrong about that, i confused it with favorit.. this one looks like an upgraded S-300v

if you are interested i can post a video of this system in action.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

antey is really export version

looks like i was wrong about that, i confused it with favorit.. this one looks like an upgraded S-300v

if you are interested i can post a video of this system in action.

Sure, I like to see the video.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just goes to show that Russia has good weapons, and the strongest contry in the world!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
here is the video
Save as

top topics

join