It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some new members seem to have a lot of hate for BP????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

Little people?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
An unfortunate English as a second (or more) language usage stumble.

There's always someone or some group who will get the butts on their shoulder because someone hurt their feelings or offended them. Frankly, folk are just itching to be a victim, otherwise that comment would be viewed for exactly what it was.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I happen to think you are probably affiliated with BP and are simply spreading your own propaganda to sway public opinion.

They have literally broken the planet, and you want people to some how sympathies with this company and show some kind of tolerance and support to their greed and misconduct.

I never said they could drill that deep. They didn't have my permission.

In my world, they have committed a crime against Humanity and the Earth. They are eco-terrorists, killing the planet through exploitation of it's natural resources.

Eco... terrorists = BP. Nuff said. The Gulf of Mexico is their 9/11 against this planet. Let's make friends with terrorists shall we?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't hate BP or anything.I am kind of upset they all seem to be doing nothing while those animals that have done nothing are losing their place they live.Its sad to see all those helpless animals lose their habitat.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

I am not a victom. Not yet, but come on do you really think they give a damn about us "Little people"? I dont think so.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am no fan of BP. They deserve a large amount of the anger and bad publicity they are getting for obvious reasons. There may be a kernel of truth to the OP's post.

First of all, there might be some extreme anti-BP viewpoints out there. I agree that BP should pay for every cent of damage they caused. I agree that criminal investigations are in order. I would support an effective boycott of BP. I would not support extreme views like bombing Britain or something.

Second, we the people are not entirely blameless. Many of us were chanting "drill baby drill" and if you were not chanting "drill baby drill" you were probably contributing to the problem by driving around in your gas guzzling car. It's easy to call for a ban on offshore drilling, but it is not easy for us to correct our own behaviors.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

Honestly, I have no clue. But that doesn't mean that I have the right to assign malfeasance to a man that I had no idea even existed before Monday evening.

There is a reason that non English speakers say English is the hardest language to learn. Though as a native speaker I would no doubt assign that to Chinese.

I would like to think that most people would harken back to their own struggles with trying to speak a language other than their native tongue. I know I've mangled more than one very simple phrase, especially when I was in ad hoc or extemporaneous mode.

Ultimately, I believe BP does care about the common man cos it is we that buy their gas and make their salaries possible. But perhaps that just me.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I happen to think you are probably affiliated with BP and are simply spreading your own propaganda to sway public opinion.

I assure you I have no affiliation to BP. I'm just stating common sense If BP goes down
It is going to take a lot of people with it. but calling them terrorist is a bit of a stretch.
They messed up, bad... but again boycotts won't clean up the oil, any faster...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join