It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some new members seem to have a lot of hate for BP????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been looking through some of the BP post and I have found that, not all, but some seem to be only interested in blasting BP. It seems it is their only real reason for joining. A good chunk of the members who have registered from the beginning of the oil spill seem only interested in promoting their boycotting agenda. I'm not going to name any names... but I think their only real purpose here is to get people all up in arms, against BP... I believe that this might be real disinfo...
or at least a bunch of Green Activist spreading their agenda. I just find it kinda odd, how many members have joined the last two months with the same agenda... or is it just me?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

but I think their only real purpose here is to get people all up in arms, against BP...

Hats off to them! Just goes to show new members are getting smarter and smarter!

Hey, I know what you're saying, but - at least these people are doing SOMETHING.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for...

peace

As a question - Why shouldn't people be up in arms over BP and doing all they can to boycot BP?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Could be they were just never moved to participate until now? Just saying...different things bring out new people. And no, I haven't really noticed this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

So you aren't against how BP thinks the public is stupid and how they are trying to downplay the situation?

Many people are angry because this seems like people had foreknowledge of the event ie. Goldman Sachs selling 45% of BP stock the day before, Peter Sutherland is Goldman Sachs CEO and was BP CEO before he retired from BP.

Many People are angry because there is a media black-out of the situation. Our minds like to think of the worst case scenario so we can be prepared for the outcome.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

No I mad because all the whining about Boycotts... that will hurt families and business's outside of the BP umbrella... I'm mad because These people calling for boycotts don't seem to understand how close we are to going into a complete economic meltdown, and they still want to poop can another couple hundred thousand jobs... They don't care...
there is no reason behind it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sir, I assure you that I am 10 degrees to the right of Ronald Reagan, but perhaps you should come down and see some of our dead pelicans, turtles and dolphins, all because they weren't following established safety procedures. I'm sure had this been the coast of England they would have been more careful, and in a greater hurry to solve the problem.
No, I don't care for BP, never did, with all that phony green crap. They basically drilled a well at a depth and pressure that had no possibility of containing a blow-out, should one occur, on a rig not anchored, but gps guided to hover over the drill site, into a zone with tremendous pressures that can't be contained by a blow out preventer, and are stalling the payment of claims to folks who have no back-up plan.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't think it matters whether or not people are new or not. There is always a reason to join abovetopsecret. My reason was a sense of changing times I couldn't shake and finding people who felt the same. I think people are so angry that they need to have their voice heard and this is just the place.

Not sure this is thread worthy, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I understand that, and I love animals...I don't like the idea of animals being harmed
I just think the government has failed more then BP has
and I think the government and the green energy people are using this to push their agenda's I didn't expect this post to be popular... and I thank everybody for not just ripping me a new one. President Obama has just use this entire situation to place his cap and trade agenda. I just don't like the idea of them using this disaster, to push a job killing bill.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Sir, I assure you that I am 10 degrees to the right of Ronald Reagan, but perhaps you should come down and see some of our dead pelicans, turtles and dolphins, all because they weren't following established safety procedures. I'm sure had this been the coast of England they would have been more careful, and in a greater hurry to solve the problem.
No, I don't care for BP, never did, with all that phony green crap. They basically drilled a well at a depth and pressure that had no possibility of containing a blow-out, should one occur, on a rig not anchored, but gps guided to hover over the drill site, into a zone with tremendous pressures that can't be contained by a blow out preventer, and are stalling the payment of claims to folks who have no back-up plan.

Maybe you missed the fact that the US gave permission for drilling in the first place ?
Maybe you missed the fact that US company Transocean did the drilling in the first place ?
And maybe you missed the fact that the blow out preventer which should have shut off the flow of oil in the first place was US company Cameron Oil ?

Poor old USA, just victims in all this.
What a bunch of jokers.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

but I think their only real purpose here is to get people all up in arms, against BP...

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for...

peace

As a question - Why shouldn't people be up in arms over BP and doing all they can to boycot BP?

Thanks

boycotting usually just hurts all the wrong people... It never hurts the people responsible... I can't say it any clearer then that...
thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Proud US citizen here.

I am appalled and embarrassed by the BP bashing. It solves nothing.

My major problem with all the demonizing is that oil drilling is now not a viable economic endeavor in or with the US. There is, however, a whole world market for oil.

The drillers do not have to drill in the US and supply the US. They can move a bit south in the Gulf of Mexico, drill, and sell all the oil to China. Then, all the anti-capitalist, anti-business, environmentalists will be *happy* and the US will have "crashed and burned" to the point of making Greece look like a walk in the park on bright sunny spring morning.

[edit on 16/6/10 by Geeky_Bubbe]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Equinox99

No I mad because all the whining about Boycotts... that will hurt families and business's outside of the BP umbrella... I'm mad because These people calling for boycotts don't seem to understand how close we are to going into a complete economic meltdown, and they still want to poop can another couple hundred thousand jobs... They don't care...
there is no reason behind it.

Boycotts supposedly hurt families but life is more important than a job which is replaceable. Once we get off the mindset that somehow jobs are the #1 importance in life will be proceed in becoming a good country.

Another thing is, most people in the USA still don't care. Ask most Americans, most of them know that just some spill happened and probably think it was just an accident. That's it. They go back to their idiotic reality TV shows and discussing some trivial garbage while ignoring the world around them. Maybe it's necessary to wake a majority of these people up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
Proud US citizen here.

I am appalled and embarrassed by the BP bashing. It solves nothing.

My major problem with all the demonizing is that oil drilling is now not a viable economic endeavor in or with the US. There is, however, a whole world market for oil.

The drillers do not have to drill in the US and supply the US. They can move a bit south in the Gulf of Mexico, drill, and sell all the oil to China. Then, all the anti-capitalist, anti-business, environmentalists will be *happy* and the US will have "crashed and burned" to the point of making Greece look like a walk in the park on bright sunny spring morning.

The USA doesn't make anything anymore. Companies have no respect for their employees in the amount of time/hours they give them along with the fact that many jobs are being offshored to sustain the bloated salaries of these individuals. Why the hell should I care when those in charge don't care about the common people?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I have been looking through some of the BP post and I have found that, not all, but some seem to be only interested in blasting BP. It seems it is their only real reason for joining. A good chunk of the members who have registered from the beginning of the oil spill seem only interested in promoting their boycotting agenda. I'm not going to name any names... but I think their only real purpose here is to get people all up in arms, against BP... I believe that this might be real disinfo...
or at least a bunch of Green Activist spreading their agenda. I just find it kinda odd, how many members have joined the last two months with the same agenda... or is it just me?

Green Activist Agenda Disinformation? are you serious? Come here to the Gulf of Mexico and say that in person to these Green Disinformation Activists.

I Applaud anyone and everyone who tries to stand up against a Mega oil corporation like BP.

I dont think its unreasonable to Boycott a Company for this size of a crises.
Especially when said crises Completely screws up the economy of the states Impacted.
especially when Untold Numbers of dolphins, manatees, and other Wildlife are severly affected.

Especially when the Government and BP Completely FAIL to solve the Problem.

AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THE AFFECTED AREAS ARE TOLD THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CLEAN IT UP THEMSELVES.

(boycotting BP gas stations is useless also, they're not actually owned by BP.)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

BP used the CIA to overthrow the democratic government of Iran in 1953, and helped create the Mid-East turmoil we see today. Therefore, they don't only have crimes against the environment but also humanity. If Iran ends up getting nuked, it was BP's hand in altering the Space Time Continuum that helped make it happen.

Their demise is long overdue.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I don't know if you're talking about me, but I didn't join because of BP. My first avatar was the golden ratio, but changed it to what it is now.. does that make me a bad member?

Edit: Forgot when I joined.. lol.. but it wasn't because of BP.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

I don't know if you're talking about me, but I didn't join because of BP. My first avatar was the golden ratio, but changed it to what it is now.. does that make me a bad member?

Edit: Forgot when I joined.. lol.. but it wasn't because of BP.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Morpheas]

No it is just not you, please don't misunderstand... I don't think any of the Anti-BP crowd are bad people, I just want people to understand that boycotting is going to hurt a lot of people, I am in no way pro-BP, but I know a lot of people depend on BP for survival.
I know a lot of people say that it's easy, just to find a new job... but that is simply not true. people are really hurting... and this will only make things worst...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

You think everyone in the US, sat down to a cup of coffee, and decided to let everything go to ****?

Why do people say Americans are "playing the victim?" That is insanity.

A corrupt government and legislators (who once elected don't even begin to serve the people), allowed this to happen.

This stuff was happening before I was born. I'm an American. I was born on this planet in Arizona.

Being raised to not even know what the real consequences are to asking for a ride to school - where they thought histories that only show what they wanted us to see - is not my fault.

Now - I can change my entire life to fight against a system that is wholeheartedly addicted to oil, greed, vanity, and destruction.

That will get me put behind bars, or at the very least struggling to survive.

Meanwhile, everyone around me has blinders on.

The ones who would try to change the world are immediately ridiculed and ignored.

Telling Americans this is their own fault is like telling a crack baby it's addiction to crack is it's own fault.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I guess my Question really is, What have Protest and boycotts really accomplished?
Speaking of the environmentalist. Who Protest Logging, who Protest Oil, Who Protest for wet lands. What do they really accomplish? besides putting people out of work.
In Fact did not all of their anti views on big oil, push the drilling out to 5,000 feet deep water. So in some ways they are also responsible... How many people here can claim they use no products that use oil. It is in everything. I'm sure the computer your using right now has petro in it too...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well I didnt hate them till I got refered to as "Little People". Now I hate them..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join