It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-BP Art: The Best Visual Jabs To Come From The Oil Spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Whose karma? What did the earth do to deserve this karma? And what about the karma of the greedy who pushed and keep pushing their oil agenda.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think the Karma referes to the (concept) of the USA, not the country, not the sea, not the land, not the fishes, not the birds and most definately not the native americans.

In the eyes of the world he usa 'stands' for much more than the physical and native country of America. Rightly or wrongly when people think of the usa they think of fat, greedy people raping and pillaging resources from the earth and other peoples countries.

I'm afraid that is what art and humour do, they focus and stereotype to get their point across.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yeah cuz no one else in the world uses or wants oil. I'd like this one a lot better if it represented the world pr better still the corporations or plutocracy, i guess...but as you said...art and humor are subjective lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Yeah cuz no one else in the world uses or wants oil. I'd like this one a lot better if it represented the world pr better still the corporations or plutocracy, i guess...but as you said...art and humor are subjective lol.

Yeah but.........in this situation the usa DOES represent the world. As you say its everyone who uses the oil, but the usa are very vocal about it, everyone knows they are they as they tend to be quite loud on the world stage.

.....and, at the moment, its very much 'look what you've done to OUR country, OUR sea, OUR fishing industry'.....or was that crazy horse ? I can never remember

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you suggesting Brits urinate oil?
What kind of karma is that?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You guys should give this a read.

Makes a lot of sense concerning this "disaster"

disc.yourwebapps.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally898

Thanks for the bump. Interesting link...are you posting that as a topic? Or has it already been?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Are you suggesting Brits urinate oil?
What kind of karma is that?

The bloke was supposed to be bi-national, not british, the karma flows between international relations.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Stolen from this interesting thread

There's also a BP logo redesign contest here if anyone is interested.

And then I found this...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join