It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yobs Cook Pet Rabbit Alive In Microwave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well it seems the youth culture continues to deteriorate.

SICK yobs put a live rabbit in a microwave during an appalling attack on a young mum's house.

The pet's horribly maimed body was found in the freezer by Nicola Donnelly who returned home from a weekend away after being alerted by neighbours.

She also discovered the raiders had covered the walls and ceilings with the rabbit's blood and food, stamped her five goldfish to death and painted all the windows with white gloss.

mirror.co.uk

Whilst this is horrifying it hardly surprises me. The way these youngsters are lately continues to amaze and appall me. They are just completely emotionless, they seem to get only pleasure out of other peoples misery, I just don't get it. Of course I'm not referring to all of them but the numbers in which the scumbag section continue to grow is worrying.

What is causing this breakdown in society? Why do these little bastards continue to grow more evil by the day? I've always believed in "Boys will be boys" but this is getting out of hand. What's even more amazing is that it appears to be more and more girls that are the hooligans, not the boys.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have my own theories but I'd like to see what everyone else makes of it first.

[Edited for typos]

[edit on 11-6-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I would tend to put the blame on the parents. Is it not the parents responsibility to instill in their children what's right and wrong? The idea of empathy or that there are consequences to ones actions seems to be totally lacking in some of these kids. With the examples that are seen everyday in society of the idea of situational ethics, if the idea of right and wrong are not taught at home then where will they be taught.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
yeah that's most likely Duke but then surely the parents had to have this built into them? If that's the case then their parents let them down, but the numbers are increasing from what I see in the streets so I guess the question is, why is the number of parents not raising their kids right rising?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why is it always the parents?

Why can't some kids just be screwed up. You have to think though, if it was three kids (we'll say) it was probably one kid and the other two justifying it as a chance to be nuts (much like Friday night at the bar scene).

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

I agree, I think it's often a cop out.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
yeah that's most likely Duke but then surely the parents had to have this built into them? If that's the case then their parents let them down, but the numbers are increasing from what I see in the streets so I guess the question is, why is the number of parents not raising their kids right rising?

I think you have probably hit it on the head, like a lot of things it's passed down through the generations. These kids will tend to grow up to have kids like themselves and so on. At one time there were extended families, whether or not it was relatives or neighbors, someone was looking after the kids. My father died when I was 10 so my mother was at work a lot of the time, but I knew that the people in my neighborhood would keep an eye on me and let my mother know if I stepped out of line. I don't see that much anymore.

I think some people would like to get involved but if you do now days either the parent doesn't care or you get sued if you try and step in to do something.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's a side effect of consumer culture / nanny state. Some parents are more interested in the television than their children. Both( if both are still around) have to work to pay the mortgage, and they don't have the time.

Then there's various gang/violence cultural influences on kids as well. then theres drugs, (the kids AND the parents), the breakdown of local communities.. I really don't know. probably a combination of things..

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
why is the number of parents not raising their kids right rising?

Reasons might include:

• Consumer culture leads people to believe that they should have a certain lifestyle, which can be paid for when both parents work. Children do not receive family attention and grow up corrupt.

• Increase in working mothers is not met proportionally by improvement in fathers' performance in household duties.

• Husbands and wives have unrealistic expectations of marriage and family life, increasing divorces and the breakdown of households.

• Popular television, movies, and music encourage immoral behaviour.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
and here is todays new story from NZ...

man kills cat in microwave

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Why can't some kids just be screwed up. You have to think though, if it was three kids (we'll say) it was probably one kid and the other two justifying it as a chance to be nuts (much like Friday night at the bar scene).

No, not always the parents, but I have seen many a time where the kids are the ones controlling the family. I do see a big difference between a chance to go a little nuts and microwaving a live animal. That to me shows a fundamental failure in the idea of empathy. If they had gone in and trashed the house that would be one thing but the extent and level of the violence shows a lack of regard for anyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh please, your generation was just as bad it just wasn't as widely reported. I'm sick of this "Youngsters, nowadays" thing. Everything youngsters do today was done by youngsters back in the day with less media coverage and availability (no internet).

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Cutwolf]

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Cutwolf- Get real. When I grew up, the most any of my friends ever got into trouble for was smashing mail boxes. We would occasionally toilet paper someones home and that was about it. I grew up in central Ohio and I never heard about kids doing the type of destruction that was reported here. I don't understand what the fun is in destroying someones home or killing their pets. They are just sick little S.O.B.'s who need someone to beat some sense into them.
I'd like to see the cops catch them and make them clean the house up and do about 1000 hrs. each working on a farm, shoveling horse and cow dung.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by helenheaven

www.stuff.co.nz...

I dunno bout this one, it just seems too wacky to be true.

Auckland SPCA senior inspector Bruce Wills said the allegation was that a man had been at the cat owner's house drinking and placed the two-year-old ginger and white female cat in the microwave.

Bruce Willis? Either a funny coincedence or a joke.

Where was the cat owner during this drinking you ask?

The owner, who was in bed at the time, heard screeching noises from the kitchen.

She went to investigate and found her cat in the microwave.

The man had left the scene and when the SPCA arrived, the cat was already dead.

So she just left the guy who had a history of violence with the cat in the house drinking alone.

And they have to mention he left the scene? No # sherlock so would I.

Post mortem findings showed the animal died of hyperthermia as a result of radiation.

Mr Wills said a microwave heated up the brain until it could not function anymore.

Ok your telling us two different stories, one is the cat died of hypothermia from radiation? Or did the brain overheat? Im getting mixed signals.

This just rings like someones idea of a joke newstory.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek
Cutwolf- Get real. When I grew up, the most any of my friends ever got into trouble for was smashing mail boxes. We would occasionally toilet paper someones home and that was about it. I grew up in central Ohio and I never heard about kids doing the type of destruction that was reported here. I don't understand what the fun is in destroying someones home or killing their pets. They are just sick little S.O.B.'s who need someone to beat some sense into them.
I'd like to see the cops catch them and make them clean the house up and do about 1000 hrs. each working on a farm, shoveling horse and cow dung.

Just because you didnt hear about it, doesnt mean stuff like this didnt happen "back in your day".

Also, John Nada, no offense, but are you dyslexic? Whats a "yob"? Do you mean "boy"? Just curious whether Im stupid and dont know a new slang term or something.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yob is a British slang term for those teenager 'stigs' (as we call them) aka the people who go to state school who become unruly, only go around trashing stuff, drinking heavily, and getting in bar fights at football matches!
Also a term for football hooligans

Just like to point out that the inspector's name was Bruce Wills, not Bruce Willis... And nothing wrong with having the same name as a celebrity.. When he was born Bruce Willis probably wasnt big yet...

I know of a Reverend Tina Turner, and Reverend Michael Jackson.... So?

[edit on 12-6-2004 by browha]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha

Just like to point out that the inspector's name was Bruce Wills, not Bruce Willis... And nothing wrong with having the same name as a celebrity.. When he was born Bruce Willis probably wasnt big yet...

You got me with my reading pants down. Better use that edit button, or just leave it. Yeah Im gonna leave it, but
for catching my mistake.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Just because you didnt hear about it, doesnt mean stuff like this didnt happen "back in your day".

I'm not sure I buy that. I kept up on current events as a teenager by reading the paper and watching the evening news with my parents. Probably a little bit more than most teenagers but I was and still am interested about what goes on around my neck-of-the-woods, however, there were a couple of boys that tried to burn down our school when I was in 9th grade. They destroyed the library and were caught. Both of them were sent off to reform school and their parents had to pay for the damage. That's about the extent of what I remember. Todays youth seem much more ready to commit brutal acts of violence for even the smallest of reasons. I would lay the blame mostly upon the parents for not teaching the children right from wrong. I also believe that the law should also come down hard on these type of kids, quit with the slap on the wrist types of punishments. Make them get out and sweat digging ditches or cleaning trash and take the money they should be getting for the work and give it to the people that they have hurt.

Sorry about the long rant.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
I know of a Reverend Tina Turner, and Reverend Michael Jackson.... So?

I know a Reverend Way Fine. Not kidding, either, his parents were hippies.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think an eye for an eye should be used here!
If you go to school and start brandishing a gun, there should be an arranged intrusion into your bedroom by SWAT officers unannounced waving big scary guns in your face.
Start shooting people up? Snipers, shoot to injure, as badly as you can, before a quick torture session and then summary execution =) funfun
Burning a school/house/etc down? Resolve by punishing the lot and closing down wherever they hang out, e.g. a skating park.

edit: The only way to make anyone, not just teenagers, learn is by making them realise the value of what loss they caused other people

[edit on 12-6-2004 by browha]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This sort of mindless, callous cruelty to other living creatures has always happened.

Personally, I have no tolerance for this at all and would dearly love to subject the perpetrators of this sort of cruelty to the same treatment themselves, irrespective of their age or responsibility. I know that's wrong, but I don't care. If I ever came across someone engaged in this sort of cruelty, I could not be held responsible for my actions.

I'm seriously considering a website to 'name and shame' the perpetrators of animal cruelty with their names and addresses culled from the court reports trawled from local newspapers.

Also, it's about time animal liberation activists started to target those who perpetrate this sickening, domestic torture of pets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join