It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Dodges bullet as House drops audit idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well shoot it was added and now it is gutted. Not only has the audit provisions been trimmed back, but the prohibition against Federal Reserve officers having been bank employees first is taken out.

Needless to say this is a travesty. We have a right to know what is going on behind Bernanke's closed door.

Fed Dodges Bullet as House Drops Audit Idea

This could easily have been looked over as I didn't see a thread on this already on ATS when I did a search.

I haven't heard anything on this from anywhere else, you'd think the Tea Party folks or the YAL would have sent something out (I am on both their email lists just to see what they say now and then). But not a peep from either.

I bet you Ron Paul is rightly throwing a fit on this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this development. It shows that almost all of the Democrats and Republicans need to be voted out of office. A random selection of citizens would be better than the colossal cabal controlling the USA government.

More power to Ron Paul and those who work with him!

(I am wondering what else will be done whilst most USA citizens are consumed with interest in the BP catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico. Very good cover for Obama and the Chicagoland gang.)

[edit on 16/6/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have never understood how such an organization like the FED isn't automatically audited periodically, unless the whole thing is a scam to begin with.

Now that it has become a larger issue with bailouts and market manipulation, I don't see how anyone in or out of government can argue against an audit. I also can't see why more people aren't concerned about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Did anyone really think that this was actually going to happen?
I bet the Fed wasn't sweating about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have to agree that the oil spill is making a very good cover for all of this.

To be truthful I wouldn't have found it unless I had gone to Sorcha Faal's (I'll get burned for that admission) website. Good for a laugh now and then. The link to the MSNBC article made me "WTF?" and started searching on here for the thread I felt would already be here. Alas though I didn't find it either through a title search or a keyword search.

At this point though there isn't much that can be done. The financial reform bill is in joint committee which basically where it goes before it goes to the President for his signature. The only real way to stop it would be to have a controlling majority of one of the two bodies override their own vote. Which I doubt has never even been tried.

Perfect time to slit the throat on any citizen effort to cuff the Fed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When the Federal Reserve act was passed in 1913 America should have been in revolution by 1914.

Guess we are all cowards now days...

Now where did I put that rope.....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Great timing. With the MSM focused 24/7 on the oil spill, you can expect hardly a peep from them about this. I expect sometime soon that all the lawsuits against the insurance industry bailout will quietly disappear as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
Did anyone really think that this was actually going to happen?
I bet the Fed wasn't sweating about it.

There is always a chance it could happen. If Bernanke hadn't been afraid he likely would not have fought against it so hard. Unless that too was a pony show for our amusement.

Its just in this environment the chance of success is very low with as much headwind exists in the government against any efforts to really open up the inner workings of the government to public oversight.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

sadly too many people just dont care, or dont even know what the federal reserve actually is.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As long as people are thinking in terms of auditing the Federal Reserve, they are thinking in terms of keeping the Federal Reserve in tact. Anyone who honestly believes that we need an audit of that criminal organization in order to know what to next wouldn't have a clue as what to next even if an audit were to take place. As long as people are willing to go into agreement with fiat money, then fiat money will be the order of the day. As long as people are willing to do business with banks, then banking will be the order of the day. It has always been about supply and demand, and it will always be about supply and demand. As long as people keep demanding banking, then banking is what the people will get. God help us all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
More power to Ron Paul and those who work with him!

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings
but TPTB will NEVER allow Ron Paul
to take the oath of oval office.
They cannot afford to,
it would break up their world monopoly.

He would need a standing Army at his side
every minute he would be president.

Believe me, I'm ALL for Ron Paul and he has
my support but I don't think they will let
it happen. my 2 cents

There are only 3 things that will destroy the Fed Reserve.

1) It falls from within

2) The Dollar & Euro collapses

3) Some catastrophic event designed to implode it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

As if this was going to happen in the first place ?

Even Ron Paul had said that they had taken all of teeth out of his bill long ago.

I think that what we should all do is to write a letter to the "House Democrats" who voted against this measure informing them how they no longer have our support.

As it is said, You are either part of the Solution, Or you are part of the problem.

These silk tied and gray wool suited robots all need to be voted out !

....and all of them thrown out on their a$$e$ !!

On a side note, I like what recently happened in South Carolina, with this no name guy defeating the status quo robot, Vic Rawl, in the Democratic primary.

Yep, this unknown guy, who is actually a Iraq war vet, has some trumped up charge that he showed "obscene internet photos" to a University of South Carolina student....and talked about going to her dorm room.

It sounds really pretty lame in that anyone who has attended a University in the US knows what I mean.

But chalk one up for the little guy for a change for defeating the Status Quo Robot politician with the suit, tie and the $300. perfect hairdo !!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I believe I am in complete agreement with you and SWCCFAN. Forget auditing that atrocious criminal outfit! It needs to be done away with and the monetary control needs to be back in the hands of a representative government! Of course we aren't even close to having that either. We have a great deal of work to do fellow citizens.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There was never a bullet to dodge. They loaded that pistol with blanks intended to make lots of noise to alert the voters, saying "Look! Look at us working for you!" In reality, it was something which never would have been allowed to pass, even if it had passed, if you catch my drift.

...Yet every year on April 14 we are mandated by the law to disclose the entirety of our finances and economic situation to Washington. Hmmm.... didn't I read somewhere that this nation was largely formed over rage about taxation without representation? Nah, must've been a pipe dream on my part.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Precisely what law mandates you, and I mean you specifically, file a tax return every year? What exact section of the tax code made you liable for a tax? If you have been made liable for a tax, precisely what is being taxed?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Precisely what law mandates you, and I mean you specifically, file a tax return every year?

The law that says a judge will seize my property and throw my butt in prison for income tax evasion if I do not file. In no way am I attempting to argue the Constitutionality of the tax laws... just stating a basic fact that, if you do not file, a hammer is brought down upon your head by the so-called "justice" dept.

Do I agree with it? Hell no. Am I willing to lose everything, including my freedom, just to fight the cause? Again, no.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I have not brought up the Constitutionality of the law, I simply asked you to provide the precise section of the tax code that made you liable to begin with. Of course, instead of offering that you instead offered up hear say. My point is this, you brought up income taxation to begin with and sought to use it as a reminder of what our Forefathers fought against, (which was not income taxation since income taxation was non existent at that time), and implicitly made the argument that we the people today do not have the gumption our Forefathers had. I agree with that assessment, and only sought to support your argument by proving how little gumption most people have, as they won't even bother to look at the laws they claim made them liable for an income tax to begin with.

The income tax law is perfectly Constitutional, so please don't bring that argument up again. The question is not whether or not the income tax is Constitutional, the question is what made you liable for the so called "Personal Income Tax" to begin with. Do you even know?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There is a full list of who voted and how and I suggest you locate your reps and if they voted against the fed audit then LAY IN TO THEM!!!!

The list can be found HERE

I am in AZ and of course I expected the Dumb and Dumber (McCain and Kyl) to vote against it. McCain is a greedy old son of a you know what and that man plans to die sitting in his office, I swear. The old fart needs to make way for some youthful CHANGE!!!

Kyl, well he's just a pansy ass douche bag that probably can't even tie his own shoes.

Let your senators have it people! Call them, email them and snail mail them. Don't let up!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Here's what I sent to McCain and Kyl will get the same....

"Senator McCain, I see you're at it again. Voting for the big guys and leaving those of us that actually WORK for a living, hanging out to dry. Voting against opening up the Fed's dirty little secrets for all to see was just plain selfish. The American people, the same people that pay your wage, deserve to know what's going on with their money. Any business that was run the way the federal government is would be SHUT DOWN. You are a crook sir, plain and simple. You stock your "war chest" with millions of ill gotten gains from the corporations which benefit from your votes. You don't represent the people of Arizona, you represent yourself and the interests of banks and other big businesses. You are a spineless swine and you disgust me. You should be FIRED and locked up."

Let the scum know what you think of them!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

This is not surprising. When one expects the fox to audit his own actions and those of his cronies in the hen-house, one ceases to have any connection to reality.

top topics

join