It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government should kick BP out of the USA and find new suppliers for station owners!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Yay another BP band-waggon thread! Woo

In all seriousness just get over it. What has happened is awful but nothing will change. BP is paying for the cleanup and it will take time. Forging these pathetic personal vendettas and "boycotts" is just embarrassing. Quite frankly the way in which the government has acted has been far worse.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by jonny2410]

I don't get how people don't under stand how serious this situation is. I feel like everyone just thinks oh well.. lets give BP a medal for the spill.. no point trying to do anything about it.. just let it go.. just let the oceans turn black.. just let all life on the planet die.. just sit back and watch the hurricanes and storms turn the USA black.. oh well.. at least BP is creating jobs and life will go on... or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Great display of wealth envy.

But no, they are by far not rich, they work 7 days a week in their little station with two pumps, they have a cafe where they make homemade food and sell it at the gas station. Their kids went to public schools, I can assure you.

The point being, it will be small families in small areas like this that boycotting would hurt. There are all of 4 gas stations in the area. Only a portion of what they sell is gas.

So, it is okay to destroy a few American lives to prove a point? Because you wrongly decided they were rich, sent their kids to private schools? Really?

This is the real example of what's wrong in todays world, wealth envy. If I can't have it, no one should. If they have "too much", take it from them, it just means they are greedy, and I am needy, so send it my way. They took food from my mouth anyway. Right?

Except, they worked to own that franchise.

You?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Libertygal]

I worked hard for the stuff I own too and I have had situations where I had to take a decrease of wealth to continue. It' not wealth envy, its most people that own gas stations have money. Perhaps not enough to make them filthy rich but enough to be well off.

If I had a BP station that was boycotted, I would not blame the people one bit. I would tell them go and buy gas someplace else because it's the right thing to do and I would get from under such a bad company as BP. I would understand it's nothing personal and people were doing what they felt was right. I would understand in light of recent events, I should not partake in BP's spoils.

It would not destroy my life, as I believe it would not destroy your neighbors. People can rebound from something like this. It happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
Hi all,

I am so angry at BP along with most everyone else! The government should kick BP out of the USA and find new suppliers for the BP station owners.. like Shell or Cheveron. This would protect the station owners from boycott and punish BP for their careless acts! What do you think of the idea?

Edit: Reworded post.. people not getting I want to protect the station owners from boycott.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Morpheas]

I understood you didn't like the boycott thing just fine.. but I disagree with it.

As for your idea, Yes, that's great I love it.. but sadly, that's not going to happen. I would want to Gov to freeze all BP assets and monies and take them for the use of this oil leak situation. Then force BP out of the USA. yes, the franchise owers would then have to find gas from another company.

I do not propose being nasty to the franchise station owners or their employees. A boycott does not cause every person not to shop there.. just a drop in sales. This collectively might be enough for BP to take notice. I am not advocating purposely ruining a franchise owners life. This drop in sales will not cause the owners to become bankrupt.. they are still able to pay for the gas they do sell.. and people can always but items from the convenience stores and just not buy the gas.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I'm boycotting BP.. never used their stations much anyway.. my idea was just an idea to protect the station owners from the boycott. I'm pro boycott and pro station owner.. lol.. I know people are going to say I can't be both.. but I don't care.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

How many other American companies would you like to kick out of America?

BP is an American company.... as much as they are a British one.

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Kick Them Out!

Freeze Their Assets!

BP is teh evilz!

Waffle waffle waffle

Not seen such utter tripe in a long, long time.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If they are careless and don't care about safety and don't care about the people, just money.. then I say kick them out.. I don't care who they are owned by or where they are from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join