It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion damages 400 houses in Chimalhuacan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Explosion damages 400 houses in Chimalhuacan

www.eluniversal.com.mx

This afternoon an explosion occurred inside the city dump, which caused damage to at least 400 homes located in 15 streets, Mayor Jesus Tolentino Roman Bojorquez.

The mayor explained that the incident could be provided by a combination of methane gas produced by decomposing garbage, and a possible softening of the final disposal site is located in the neighborhood Tlatel Xochitenco.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/16/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Basically for those that don't speak Spanish, a 1000 metre long 6 metre deep 2 metre wide crack appeared after an explosion in Mexico. The area is sealed off and NO ONE is allowed any where near the place.

Happened near a rubbish dump. The explanation for the explosion was methane.

Sounds very reasonable doesn't it? well not to me. I know methane is always under rubbish dumps but i have seen and heard of explosions at dumps before. They do not result in a 1 kilometre crack 6 metres deep and 2 metres wide! There are always localised and irregular explosions that can result is ground excavation, but this results in a crater that sometime also creates a short crack 20-40 ft long and maybe 2 feet wide.

This is part of the Gulf incident, increase earthquake activity in Southern California, m3 earthquakes near Yellowstone only 100ft deep, multiple gas explosions on rigs here and in Europe, the list goes on and on.

Now we see the Kill Switch is in place for Obama to cut off the Internet, so get your tin foil hat ready we are about to go critical.

www.eluniversal.com.mx
(visit the link for the full news article)

This afternoon an explosion occurred inside the city dump, which caused damage to at least 400 homes located in 15 streets, Mayor Jesus Tolentino Roman Bojorquez.

The mayor explained that the incident could be provided by a combination of methane gas produced by decomposing garbage, and a possible softening of the final disposal site is located in the neighborhood Tlatel Xochitenco.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/16/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
interesting article, better when i can read it

translation link

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Interesting article. Guess I'll need to dig a little deeper in the plate dynamics and micro-plate movement around the Gulf.... if BP hasn't bought them too

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Here's a little something to add to your news.

the-end-time.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Actually, I spent years in the industry with Allied Waste. At a landfill, refuse is buried with heavy equipment. Layer after layer. Vents are created, kind of like a pipe from a well to the surface, to let the methane that is created from the decaying refuse vent out, in order to prevent a build up. This was no doubt the result of a methane build-up not properly vented. Not to worry.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus

Here's a little something to add to your news.

the-end-time.blogspot.com...

The pic of the sinkhole reminded me of that giant sinkhole in Guatemala.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Your right, as I said methane explosions do occur but they do not create cracks 1000 metres long and 6 metres deep. I live in Honduras so know all about dump sites that are not built correctly.

This is a cover story for ongoing events. Strange how there is always someone qualified to make a rebuttal, saying 'No don't worry everything is fine', then BANG we all loose our pensions, get fired, loose our rights as citizens, get sent to fight a war so someone gets rich or all get killed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least. I guess I will have to watch how this evolves before I make a judgement call. Thanks for the info. Will be checking back.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There has been a case before of Petrol Escaping into the sewer lines in Mexico previously.

Pemex in Guadalajara had a Fuel line that leaked due to a corroded line into a sewer and sat there condensing until it reached flash point.

It pretty much blew up an entire street, along a large distance.

Could this be that the methane again escaped into the sewer system and collected until it was able to find an ignition source?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Continue to watch the world my friend, and you will see more.
More so along the Gulf!

www.iris.edu...

It's the little shakes that are ignored, until it's to late!

Small as it seems, it will become larger!

Be Wise!
Be Well!
Jesse..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Seems to be a lot of cracks and holes appearing right now... i'm really suspecting that someone somewhere is responsible for this and its not just natural occurence....

What you describe sounds like an Earthquake....

I dunno about the end.... but things arent looking great right now..... and i just read another quake has hit near Papua New Guinea, Indonesia

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Interesting site that. Have not seen it before.

However i would challenge it's accuracy as if that is plotting all quakes over the last 5 years.

The why are the Chile and Haiti quakes conspicuous by their absence!!???

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Then I would ask you why the explosion makes a "RIP" and not a round hole as is the case with every other explosion known to mankind??

new topics

top topics

join