It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread & Anti Thread Debacle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I try and respect others points of view and opinions based on how they are formed, the information and evidence involved and such, as it were. I like to consider myself rather diplomatic where it concerns stepping on others toes and creating respected friendships.

I "LIKE" to consider myself tempered mentally enough to know when to back off as to not incite flame wars that degrade to personal assaults on intelligence and wording in the most detailed manner.

However, you know what I do find humorous is the pattern and anti pattern that emerges in its vicious cycles here on ATS that go as such.

Thread that states "aliens are real"

Anti-view thread that states "aliens aren't real"

Thread that states "oil spill is not that bloody important"

Anti-thread that states "oil spill is bloody important" in opposition to previous thread.

Is it really necessary to create a anti-thread in comparison to a post that respectively points out your opinion and leaves it at that?

Now I know we have our opinions and I know we like to make them known but part of me asks is it really for the enlightening of ourselves or is it due to the childish nature of collecting member backing to prove our point true beyond a doubt instead of harnessing it as our "own" personal view?

I know I'm pointing out the obvious to most where it concerns these patterns but I think we all really need to practice some more tolerance and less "I have to methodically and strategically ram my views on you by backing of flags and members because I disagree".

Simply to suffice, even though this thread is of my opinion, I respect yours and I think it's high time to collectively notice this pattern on ATS. Why? Because admission and recognition is the first step to change, even collectively.

To those of you that will say it's all a part of the debate for enlightenment, I agree to a certain small extent and respect your view on that because that is how you operate.

However, what happened to agree to disagree?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It goes thesis, antithesis, then synthesis. The path to evolution bro.

Or is it the path to pointless repetition?

I dunno, but anyway...

I'd like to publicly state my objection to this thread villainizing the anti-thread-threads.

You are so ignorant of their higher reality function.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
It goes thesis, antithesis, then synthesis. The path to evolution bro.

Or is it the path to pointless repetition?

I dunno, but anyway...

I'd like to publicly state my objection to this thread villainizing the anti-thread-threads.

You are so ignorant of their higher reality function.

Ah, and it degrades rather quickly into the personal assault on my intellect. Well done....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Well said and I like the way you put that!
But if we made the choice to not create an opposing view thread or voice our opinion where would the opposing reaction play out in regards to that, since it was ultimately the choice of one that created the equal and opposing reaction? Maybe in a post I suppose, maybe somewhere else where we didn't actively choose to make it so?

We can choose to act, react or take a more neutral stance in respecting others beliefs while keeping ours a little more sheltered when apparently necessary I think.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

I was saying thats what it seems like right now on ATS, I didn't mean it had to be that way! That being said this is a web site and I probably shouldn't have a applied a science term to something that isn't science this is life not a classroom and that statement can only be made accurately in when it comes to a situation of science, sorry for the post above that I made.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Oh, I see. Don't worry about it buddy. I guess I did take it a little seriously and philosophically, which I tend to do with most things.

I suppose the smiley face should have given it away to me. lol "went right over my head"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Ha Ha it's cool, it's good you corrected me, I need to think before I speak!

top topics

join