It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.

www.youtube.com...

Should literalists follow their Bible and pay attention to this quote?

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Should they try harder to know God without fantastic, impossible creatures and miracles of all kinds?

Not to be rude but should literalists and fundamentals not grow up and stop hurting religion?

www.truthcontest.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

in 2012 THE GODHEAD will COME down AND scoop UP all OF his FOLLOWERS and SMITE the REPTILIANS.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the walk down fantasy lane.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution "

Well that's your opinion. Just because it doesn't fit your week human mind that's extremely limited doesn't mean animals can't speak through Gods will and the flood didn't happen which fossil records indicate it did. Plus we are living on 70 % water.

No look. I agree to a point, they make us look nuts. They lack sanity. the media loves that. Not the sane ones who believe in floods, but the ones who post like zaiger.

What's nuts to me is a God who doesn't have a book to explain to humans where we come from and our existence. A God who leaves people in the dark.

that's a scary concept to me because God can be anything I want it to be with that mindset.

revealed truth is not crazy. 2,000 years ago. if we told people we had 60 inch TV screens and radars that track weather and flying planes that run on a substance from the earth they would of thought we were nuts.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution "

Well that's your opinion. Just because it doesn't fit your week human mind that's extremely limited doesn't mean animals can't speak through Gods will and the flood didn't happen which fossil records indicate it did. Plus we are living on 70 % water.

No look. I agree to a point, they make us look nuts. They lack sanity. the media loves that. Not the sane ones who believe in floods, but the ones who post like zaiger.

What's nuts to me is a God who doesn't have a book to explain to humans where we come from and our existence. A God who leaves people in the dark.

that's a scary concept to me because God can be anything I want it to be with that mindset.

revealed truth is not crazy. 2,000 years ago. if we told people we had 60 inch TV screens and radars that track weather and flying planes that run on a substance from the earth they would of thought we were nuts.

You complain of not having a book to follow while following a Jesus myth.
Strange.

I find it stranger that you would think that one needs a stronger brighter mind to embrace fantasy and a genocidal God.

Are you that fearful of death that you have bought into a myth to ease your fears?

A strange reason to follow a genocidal God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

you are an admitted religionist?
meaning 'a person addicted to religion or a religious zealot'?
who demonstrates 'excessive or affected religious zeal'?

They make us all into laughing stocks

i would think that a religionist is quite capable of doing such on their own.
not that you are, but just generally speaking.

Not to be rude but should literalists and fundamentals not grow up and stop hurting religion?

don't let your zeal consume you.

new topics

join