It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil sends technicians to help US to find a solution to BP's oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Although Brazil is not the only country who has sent help, it´s one of the most experienced countries in deepwater and ultra-deepwater drilling of oil.

Petrobras, the main brazilian company responsible for the exploration of oil and gas in our national soil, and a world leader in deepwater drilling.

Petrobras has developed its own technology and became a pioneer in deepwater drilling, breaking several records along the years.

In 2007, Petrobras kept the record of deepwater drilling, with a field at 2777m deep. Deepwater Horizon is at 1500m.

Petrobras deep and ultra-deep water production has increased steadily. In 2003, the highest domestic oil production of Petrobras was 1,640,509 bopd, with 64% in deep and ultra-deep water. These figures rank Petrobras as the world’s largest deepwater producer, with around 65% of the areas of its offshore exploration blocks in water depths of more than 400m.

In 2006, the company reached oil self-sufficiency, with about 70% of its production coming from deep and ultradeep waters. Furthermore, it is likely most of the new discoveries will be made in ultradeep waters.

In januray, 2010, Petrobras became the 4th biggest energy company in the world, in market value.

So, lets hope that our technicians, together with many others sent to US from other countries, can help coming up with a solution to this tragedy.

Link to news source(in portuguese)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I hope so.

I really do. I hope we accept any and all offers to help.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

new topics

join