It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
To many people are blaming BP and the British government for this even tho its owned buy Americans and many other countries, instead of everyone taking it out on each other and trying to sue and claim compensation why don't people just (US citizens especially) do something to help stop the spill.

I am British and will stick up for my country and people obviously but i know its a bad spill
and could end up being 1 of the worse. but what gets me is that there's loads of oil leaking into the sea all over the world and there's even been some leaking for over 50 years not quite as bad as the BP oil spill but in its time its leaked way more than the one in the gulf even tho it is catching up.

Also Obama needs to stop criticizing everyone and do something of his own back what has Obama actually done to stop the spill ? ...... Nothing! because he cant actually do anything better than what BP is doing.

im not saying this spill is not a Major problem but the American government have no clue what to do except to take BP to court.... Hows that going to help ? you tell me!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
So tell me Kaydyr80, you are so upset by this extinction event unfolding before your very eyes... what are YOU doing about it? Have you packed up the kids and made a break for higher ground? Have you taken time off of work and instead of a vacation, you've volunteered time and helped clean up some of the polluted beaches? No, you're on the computer crying about the world ending.

It's simple, crap or get off the pot.

I hear this hold hands, lovey dovey, earth mother tripe, but I have yet to actually see any of you fools on the beach picking up tarballs or dead birds. It sums up the hippy movement for me... all talk, no go. You want to make a difference? DO SOMETHING. Talk is cheap.

Yeah! Right on.

It's most often, the tree hugging, chicken littles that love to talk about how we're all going to die, how all the animals are going to become extinct, and how this is the worst disaster ever. The fear mongering leads to these ppl calling everyone who doesn't freak out, "apathetic". Yet what are they doing? You'd think someone so concerned with the leak would be down there with a sponge and some Dawn. Sadly......no. They're in front of their PC, on top of their soap box, preaching about about how awful this is while they do nothing. They feel better when they make a thread stating how bad evryone else is. They refer to the leak as "toxic poison spewing into the ocean", claim that they are so mad and concerned about the volcano of black poison.

Well then............ why are they not choosing to get involved and clean up or organize? When did logging on to ATS become this all empowering active role in society?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

As I said, the world is run by secret societies, which are Luciferian at the top levels. I doubt seriously that everyone who works for BP is knowingly serving their Luciferian masters. As for me, I make certain not to make money off of any industry that is run by Luciferians at the top levels. (which the oil companies most definitely are=ever hear of Bohemian Grove?)I may be poor, but I have a good conscience.
As for all of the complaints about anyone freaking out over this and not heading down there to help, since they are going to be evacuating the area eventually, heading down there only puts more of a strain on the situation. In the bigger picture, it may be wise to not get in the way of a mass evacuation and end up in a fema camp where you can't do anyone any good.
This is a very good time to get off the grid. Buy water filters while you can since the Earth's water systems are going to be compromised by this oil volcano.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
Since my original post was removed due to my implied choice of words, I figured I would try to fix my mistake.

I take this event very seriously and it is deeply angering that there are people out there, especially people on ATS, that think this oil spill is no big deal, that it will just go away, or that the earth will just bounce back from it.

Those people are simply wrong. Its so blatant that this is rapidly becoming the worst oil event in the seas that the earth has ever known. Ever.

It is an extinction level event that quite possibly is already eradicating species from the Gulf's waters and is spreading by the day.

There are several posts and posters on here now that simply defy reason and respect for our home. How so many people can be so utterly possessed of apathy and disregard for the environment's well being is beyond my understanding.

Everything on this world is connected and whether we admit it or not, this spill is going to affect everyone. There is no limit to the devastation this will end up causing to our world or even to us.

Most likely, this leak is unfixable. It could leak for long after all of us are dead and gone. It might go on to kill all life in the seas and worst case scenario, most life on earth through events it could set into motion.

It's hard to make this post without being gripped by anger at the enemies of our planet and feeling the need to lash out at them, but the rest of us need to band together against those whose sit idly by while the earth dies, or choose to try to profit from it, like our finnish friend and JW, etc.

It doesn't matter the cause of this leak, whether accidental or TPTB, or if it is in the Gulf of Mexico or China, what amtters is that it is a truely horrible event with very dire portents. It is something that deserves to be given the respect it deserves. Just like our home, planet Earth.

Couldn't agree more.

As i've said, a lot of people have little concept of planetary dynamics and what cosmological phenomena influences the planet, as too have little concept of how far these wells are going.

People seem to think what a lot of scientists, certainly the Russians are saying regards the sea floor itself is nonsense, but from where i stand, with the uncontrolled evacuation of the massive cavity, it will eventually collapse, leading to at best, seismic seizures which will potentially activate extant faultlines.

But worst case scenario is that the upwards pressures from the mantle, which isn't that far below the bottom of the massive cavity the oil deposits are coming from, with other massive cavities adjoining with very thin layers of lower crust separating them, leading to a breach allowing molten rock to force upwards into the oil, which will explode with huge explosive force initially blowing a larger hole straight through, causing a massive tidal wave, aka, tsunami and ending with another Hawaii in the Mexican Gulf, after having spewed hundreds of thousands of tons of molten rock skywards and belching out huge amounts of gas and carbon.

This has a potential to go off like Yellowstone, but underwater and we created it.

And even if for the near future a succession of seismic seizures are the most suffered, it is a high risk legacy of this catastrophe the human race is going to have to live with, because like Yellowstone, if it does happen, and it is a very real potential now, it could be a mass extinction event.

I have said constantly since 2004-5, leave the deep oil deposits alone, do not allow Deep Exploit projects to go ahead, it will cause earthquakes and tectonic anomalies from the collapse of cavities etc.

What i've been saying isn't some little nightmare i've had one night, i just wish corporate scientists weren't so blinded by the money they receive, to ignore a wider risk potential only focusing on local factors so these projects seem viable, they are not.

That's quite apart from the fact that oil ifeeding microbials are now growing exponentially with all the oil they have to progenate huge colonies and there is also a risk that extremophiles from 60-100 million years ago, the oil companies thought easy to deal with by using a fairly closed system into refinery processing to kill them off in the crude oil, but of course now millions of gallons are escaping into free ocean to happily colonise, there is a huge presence of CDC operatives and that is a reason why they are there, modern oil feeder microbe's and the risk of extremophiles which haven't been seen topside the planet for millions of years, now also colonising exponentially and the god's themselves knows what that could lead to, next will be huge microbial blooms springing up all over the place.

I know a lot of people think i'm nuts, i mean what'd i know, ay, i'm just a simple minded pagan after all, aren't i, i couldn't possibly know what i'm talking about, i'm little more than a chimp who likes cannabis too much & an over active imagination after all, mind of a peanut compared to those bright sparks doing the damage, doesn't matter that i could wipe the floor with most of them intellectually on the plane of reality, they turn their back and simply dismiss it all because they like to feel superior.

I wish i was wrong, but these things are real enough, it's going to happen, just a question of how bad and how long it takes.

They should have left the fracking oil where it was, like i've said for years, now a lot of scientists are repeating independently what i was warning about 5-6 years ago, i wish i was wrong, but a lot of scientists are confirming it all bit by bit.

This world is not ours to plunder resources like there is no tomorrow, doing so has consequences, but it seems our species will never learn, unfortunately the rest of life on this planet has too repeatedly suffer the consequences of the few among our species.

I mean, stop the world i wanna get off, i'm on the wrong fracking planet!!!

No, i'm on the correct one, just wish people would listen when people like me bother to explain things well before they happen, millions of us and more developing all the time, dealing with specifics along their particular paths, ignored until it is too late in these modern times.

Peace.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaPan

That's quite apart from the fact that oil ifeeding microbials are now growing exponentially with all the oil they have to progenate huge colonies and there is also a risk that extremophiles from 60-100 million years ago, the oil companies thought easy to deal with by using a fairly closed system into refinery processing to kill them off in the crude oil, but of course now millions of gallons are escaping into free ocean to happily colonise, there is a huge presence of CDC operatives and that is a reason why they are there, modern oil feeder microbe's and the risk of extremophiles which haven't been seen topside the planet for millions of years, now also colonising exponentially and the god's themselves knows what that could lead to, next will be huge microbial blooms springing up all over the place.

I agree with you, and I think we may see conditions favoring a dangerous cyanbacteria bloom like we have never seen - not to mention some serious diatoms. Also, how about the H2S buildup? One good hurricane to bring this toxic cloud topside!

Look here folks, there is a whole world of nature right at the leak site (some of which may profit from the extra food source of petro - but with consequences hitherto not understood)..
Cold Dark and teeming with life

[edit on 22-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
BP admits well bore starting to 'tilt' - seafloor unstable

I also saw this mentioned on MSNBC TV tonight.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I am deeply worried and concerned for all affected and for the future of our world and while I live no where near the gulf, I'm quite sure this disaster will impact on the whole earth not just the gulf region. As well as the polluted oceans, the death of untold numbers of land ocean living creatures, must inevitably affect our whole world environment.
Surely the blame must rest on the company responsible for the drilling operation. We are unable to do anything but hope for a miracle to stop this massive disaster.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Indeed, as well as the Methane concentrations going up in the water, the oil feeding microbials are adding to oxygen depletion and the microbials are growing and spreading extremely fast.

This, i've just noticed today, was released which mentions similar to what i've been saying for about 6-7 weeks and as i mentioned, have been concerned about as potentials to any Deep Exploit project, i gave a Yellowstone parallel for a reason though.

Watch this.

www.youtube.com... Lots more on this appearing on Youtube.

I am so glad other scientists in America are taking this all seriously, this Richard C. Hoagland and others saying similar really need to help President obama get people to understand what the very real risks are so they are prepared, this sort of thing cannot be hidden from the people down in the Gulf area, they have to prepare, apart from that, they have believed the nonsense from BP and are in fact demanding BP et al are allowed to continue, in other words, begging for their destruction because of their short term gain through employment, which is insane.

But it's by no means just me who understands the greater potentials in what is happening, scientists are brave for speaking the truth about this and deserve high praise because there are elements with too much money and influence who will seek to harm their careers, scientists know they are putting themselves at risk for bringing this into public awareness and i applaud them.

Peace.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join