It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+118 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Since my original post was removed due to my implied choice of words, I figured I would try to fix my mistake.

I take this event very seriously and it is deeply angering that there are people out there, especially people on ATS, that think this oil spill is no big deal, that it will just go away, or that the earth will just bounce back from it.

Those people are simply wrong. Its so blatant that this is rapidly becoming the worst oil event in the seas that the earth has ever known. Ever.

It is an extinction level event that quite possibly is already eradicating species from the Gulf's waters and is spreading by the day.

There are several posts and posters on here now that simply defy reason and respect for our home. How so many people can be so utterly possessed of apathy and disregard for the environment's well being is beyond my understanding.

Everything on this world is connected and whether we admit it or not, this spill is going to affect everyone. There is no limit to the devastation this will end up causing to our world or even to us.

Most likely, this leak is unfixable. It could leak for long after all of us are dead and gone. It might go on to kill all life in the seas and worst case scenario, most life on earth through events it could set into motion.

It's hard to make this post without being gripped by anger at the enemies of our planet and feeling the need to lash out at them, but the rest of us need to band together against those whose sit idly by while the earth dies, or choose to try to profit from it, like our finnish friend and JW, etc.

It doesn't matter the cause of this leak, whether accidental or TPTB, or if it is in the Gulf of Mexico or China, what amtters is that it is a truely horrible event with very dire portents. It is something that deserves to be given the respect it deserves. Just like our home, planet Earth.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kadyr80]

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, I agree whole heartedly. I felt a surge of anger towards the post today by the "northern european."

Has the USA and the west caused the majority of major eco disasters? Yes, but does that downplay in any way the Global implications of this present disaster? By all means NO.

I feel if you want to beef about the USA and its global tactics thats fine..but for crying out loud, this is not simply a spill, killing a few birds and fish.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
im starting to think that this influx of "its not so bad"posts are either coming from paid DIA or just disturbed citizens who are trolling for flags and stars..im still on the fence deciding which

~meathead

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You can't be right because this bad news has been stated by guests on the alex jones show and since verified.

You know just because alex jones has been right most of the time, as well as some of the guests he hosts that is no reason to listen to him
or just because you are right, to you

someone had to say it
F AND S

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
im starting to think that this influx of "its not so bad"posts are either coming from paid DIA or just disturbed citizens who are trolling for flags and stars..im still on the fence deciding which

~meathead

One has to wonder.. surely people will deny the facts.. or maybe it is their way of coping.

Or to quote Ron White.. "you can't fix stoopid"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The spills is bad, yes is a disaster environmental, economically and is the biggest in the history of this nation and even earth.

Just don't let post that claim is "nothing" bother anybody that do research and knows what we are against it.

This spill will not take away from BP and the UK at all as BP have vast amounts of money invested in many drilling ventures around the world.

Now what it makes me wonder is how easily BP is been compliant with the US government demands to keep holding the drilling rights in the Gulf.

This makes me think that our oil reserves in our nation are more rich that we can imagine

Very interesting. . .

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree. I live only a few miles from the Gulf Coast and am facing the worst disaster I have ever faced in my 35 years living here. I spend my free time driving along the coastal highways videotaping the disaster as it unfolds, and wondering to myself if life will ever be the same again for everyone here.

People who are downplaying the seriousness of this situation are either far from here, or they simply don't have the sense God gave a grasshopper. The swamps and marshes are my home. I fished and played in them all of my life, and now they are being taken away from me and my family and friends. The food that we eat - it is gone as well. The jobs that sustain our communities and ways of life along the Gulf Coast - they are gone.

Because of this disaster, millions of innocent men, women and children must now suffer. The people that depend upon the waters for their livlihoods are now out of work and dependant upon the very corporation that destroyed our homes. People cannot pay their mortgages, their utility bills, their cost of living expenses, or even afford to buy food to feed themselves and their children - all because the executives at BP consistently chose to ignore safety in order to save a few hundred-thousand dollars for themselves.

I challenge those that are downplaying this disaster to come to the Gulf Coast, to breath our poisoned air, to see the suffering of the animals and the people, and to see the ruin that BP has delivered to us. I challenge you to come here, and then to continue with your snide remarks and your downplays of the seriousness of the situation.

Any person that can endure what the locals are enduring now, and feel no pain, no sorrow or anguish - that is a person with no soul. Any person who cannot step forward and take a stance against the corporate giant that brought this destruction to America - that is a person who does not deserve the very dirt beneath his feet.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Exactly. This also brings up the topic that there is absolutely No Such Thing as an oil shortage and no reason for fuel hikes other than sheer greed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
One thing to note is that this is not the biggest oil spill in history...yet.

envirowonk.com...

520 million gallons were spilled in the first gulf war.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Isn't that interesting, that our own nation that was such much into the oil crisis in the 70s that push US oil production to the bottom of the list is showing now that it was all a lie. . . a lie for privatization and greed. . .

And we the tax payer are the ones paying for all of it, when we should be reaping part of the profits. . .

Then again it has taken a spill of the magnitude and devastation of the one we have right now in the gulf, to show how far a foreign company is willing to go to hold to it's drilling rights of our American oil

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes, karl, but did you know that some of the personnel that contributed to that oil disaster cleanup offered to help clean up in the Gulf of Mexico? From what I've been told, BP threatened to sue them if they tried.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Underworlds]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

You are right, but we actually can tell how much oil is actually been lost so far because is in deep sea.

Now oil spills from tankers are easily to track, oil spills in Iraq were also hard to measure at the time, most of the oil went into the sands.

By the time the Gulf spill is over and done with it, is going to become the biggest in history, the devastation will be even bigger and costlier.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Lookie, even Carl-Henric Svanberg Cares About the “Small People”:
newsolio.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great thread. It can ONLY be for monetary reasons that humans can sink so low as to be able to downplay such a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DISASTER as this.

To trade all morals and become such a ROTTEN, CORUPT, EMPTY-HEARTED, SELFISH, human just for some money is a TERRIBLE thing.

To those such folks I say that the world would be a MUCH better place without you in existence. Disgraceful human beings you are.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What most naysayers (like our Finnish friend there) don't understand is this is not some grounded oil tanker somewhere.

This oil is coming from an underground well. It will keep spewing oil until there is no more oil to be spewed. We are talking about a very very big number.

For those that think this will just affect the gulf, they need to remember that the ocean currents will carry this literally everywhere. This is not just an American problem, its your problem too!

There is enough oil in that well to do the job mark my words.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

good point. but this one will get there eventually
and thats based on estimates of flow in the gulf that keep getting revised upward
also tell me how they are going to stop this one
they had red adair in Iraq and he is dead now as is John Wayne who played him in the movie
I wounder if Red could swim

i remember reading time magazine at the time
on one page was the story of how an Iraqi tank had gone to hide amoungst a field of derricks and so the americans blew the whole field up to get that one tank
ya hoo served the dirty buggers right...

then the next page was an article about how saddam had set all the oil wells on fire to make the price of oil go up in America
dirty bugger.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
nature will come back anyhow. it did come back after a supposed asteroid so it will come back after an oilspill. if humans will survive and we have got a population problem in the sense of too little, well they are free and fun to fabricate. it has a natural cause, ok triggered by greediocracy, luckily not by humans. ok maybe TPTB initiated it. but it is not in their control anymore. so only in the start of the process the rich might choose to survive but they are just as screwed as the masses. anyway interesting times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I never reaslised that! Of course, there was an ELE event and 98% of humans died from that disaster ..... But seriously, I'd always though the Exxon Valdez was the previous worse oil spill. Shows how much I know!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Exactly right! Just how much oil? Who knows. Aside from the Fin I wish to spotlight a character who created his account simply to downplay the spill. Let's call him JW. And I'd like to point that he even admits to owning 50 thousand dollars of BigPoluter stock. Let's do our best to discredit the disinfo posters.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Great thread. It can ONLY be for monetary reasons that humans can sink so low as to be able to downplay such a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DISASTER as this.

It's only for monetary reasons that humans created the circumstances under which it could happen.

If only we weren't so desperate for more and more cheap oil ........ Still, it's better than walking to the corner store and switching the lights off at night

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join