It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asks U.S. billionaires give away at least half of the wealth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
good post, thanks!

here is a translation li nk

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I bet they are just giving away half their money in exchange for a socially-conscious-billionaire-License-To-Steal in Round Two...yeah...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I wish they would take that money and buy that italian fella's patten for the free energy cars and mass produce them and market them. At least get them on the roads so they catch on fast. THAT would be WONDERFUL not to mention a step in the RIGHT direction.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Their theme song should be..

Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars - If I was a Billionare
www.youtube.com...

Why don't Bill Gates and Warren Buffet give away half their wealth first then maybe the other powerful elite will follow their lead, or are they scared that they will be the only ones?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE

Originally posted by eriathwen
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, but every change starts whith attitude....

Whose attitude are they trying to change . . . should we feel sorry for these
obscenely wealthy individuals . . . so they can feel better about themselves ?

Didn't someone just pay $2.6 million dollars to have lunch with WB ?
TO HAVE FREAKING LUNCH WITH HIM ? Just one damn lunch ! I wonder
how many starving people could've been helped with that very same
$2.6 million dollars ?

It's a joke. A big, rich person's joke . . . on us.

Everyones attitude, its time to get a positive one, so that we can start to make some real positive changes, about everything, we are caut up in so much negativity that all we see and do turnes out to be negative.. This is a greater messege that about money... Its about primal changes for the whole humanity and earth.. Its much deeper than money, but its a great start...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

Did you ever hear of the "widow's mite?"

[edit on 2010/6/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

No Im sorry, I dont think so...
Feel free to inform me If you like, Im working now, so I dont have time to google it right now, but Ill keep an eye on this tread...

[edit on 6/16/2010 by eriathwen]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think that giving to charities is lazy on their part.

just throw money at something you dont quite know how it helps, or what it is spent on.

thats why a few rich guys make their own progrmas, for helping those in need because they have better money management skills.

A lot of charities seem to ignore the root of the problems they are trying to help anyways, often profiting from an endless problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It's a biblical lesson in the true value of giving.

Mark 12:41-44 (King James Version)

41And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

www.biblegateway.com...

Luke 21:1-4 (King James Version)

Luke 21

1And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.

2And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.

3And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:

4For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

www.biblegateway.com...

[edit on 2010/6/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I think that giving to charities is lazy on their part.

just throw money at something you dont quite know how it helps, or what it is spent on.

thats why a few rich guys make their own progrmas, for helping those in need because they have better money management skills.

A lot of charities seem to ignore the root of the problems they are trying to help anyways, often profiting from an endless problem.

You havent gotten it yet, have you... When all comes to all, this is NOT about the money, nore where it will be spend, you have to go deeper than that

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
based on the last few posts, you would think you people do not want to see this happen. These guys are doing something no one in the US has ever done before, getting other billionaires on side to donate up to half their wealth. Do you have any idea what 600 billion could o for the poor?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Thank you for that

and there is many great parabels as well

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am broke,

two lines

Seems like a wonderful gesture, then when you try and get some, good luck, I have given to charity in small amounts, and I have asked for help from charities,

Seems there are never funds available, I wonder who gets on the "you can have some" list.

I am more then a little bitter over a couple of my experiences with charitable organizations,

How about Job development, there are no jobs around here that you can raise a family on, let's see, doctors, lawyers, insurance companies, government, fast food,
we need blue collar jobs.

[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Another sign that government is running out of time and ideas. Government ENABLED the conditions we are facing today. I mean we as in the whole damned world. The world owes itself money...How damned ridiculous is this? What outcome could there possibly be? There are predictable consequences to certain actions, and we are seeing the creation, through suggestion, of a program to confiscate wealth and income. We are seeing a government desperate to hang on to power.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am broke,

two lines

Seems like a wonderful gesture, then when you try and get some, good luck, I have given to charity in small amounts, and I have asked for help from charities,

Seems there are never funds available, I wonder who gets on the "you can have some" list.

I am more then a little bitter over a couple of my experiences with charitable organizations,

How about Job development, there are no jobs around here that you can raise a family on, let's see, doctors, lawyers, insurance companies, government, fast food,
we need blue collar jobs.

Well I guess you could put me in the same category as well if you like.. I earn less then 2000 dollars(us) a month, my rent is more then 1000, I have a 11year old daughter with diabetes, and its not always been easy. I live in norway, I pay 3 times as much for food as they do in the us, Its one of, or mabye THE most expencive countrys to live in in the world! But I no longer feel poore, cause my attitudes been changed.. or I should say Its constantly changing, And its not only me, more and more people are awakening to there one negativity and greed... (yes it doesnt matter if you are rich or poore, you can be poore with a poore attitude and do more damage to youre inviroment than a rich with poore attitude...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by winston_jones
Sorry, but whenever I hear of the super-rich setting up "Charitable Foundations" it sends a shudder down my spine. These Foundations are just tax-efficient, unaccountable legal loopholes whereby the rich can indulge their most repugnant NWO fantasies in total secrecy.

Quoted for F-in Truth!!!

DON'T FALL FOR THIS PEOPLE!!!!

It is simply the NWO wannabees laundering their money into the Globalist Elite's hands!!!

(notice how these families are relatively "new" money)

See how they play you - just like they played me with the phoney-baloney enivronmentalists foundations (back when I was at University).

What in Gates history makes you think he would do anything for anyone but HIMSELF!??

For sure do everything YOU can (time AND money) to contribute locally to your community - but as far as these Billionaires latest PR scheme - let this be our pledge:

"WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!!!!!"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While I think it is a wonderful thing, I wish they would focus on the idea that if they werent so hell bent on making a profit in the first place, there would be less poverty to begin with.

In a true "free market" as envisioned by Adam Smith, profit equals zero. This does not mean that there is no benefit from market forces, it means that the benefit is shared more equitably in the form of wages.

If corporations were not so ruthless about driving for profits, and those profits were spread out in the form of wages more equitably, we would not need "charity," with its highly inefficient but necessary bureaucracy siphoning off some of the money.

So, while I am all for at least SOME action on their parts, I think it would be better for everyone if we could just get a handle on the forces that lead to such gross inequities to begin with.

Good thread!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
here is another link in english
features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I have always been low income, OH boy, I have been homeless, without food or electricity, a car, running water,

Had a sick child I couldn't buy insulin for, they said we could have one vile ever six months, and the Diabetes association did nada,

It was a charitable doctors office that still helps, once I went to the Salvation Army for food on Christmas eve, I was just out of the hospital, they turned me away because I wasn't on the pre planned Christmas list of recipients..

I swore never again, I would rather starve.

Hey Gates can give my daughter money so she doesn't have to beg for insulin. btw, yes she works, type one diabetes is expensive on a waitress salary, tip your waitress well,

I am done.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That sounds like a fantastic idea.... money won't be of any use in the next few years so by all means give it away!

Sorry EOW cynicism got the better of me ...

I for one would like to follow this money trail, I bet it's like a game of snakes and ladders.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join