It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Could Be a Crazy Idea But Give It A Look

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am far from an expert in any of the fields presented, and frankly, lack talent in expressing details…more of an ideas person.

**The drawings I have attached could have been done far better by my 10 year old, as I do not proclaim to be an artist of any sort!**

To understand the equipment we need, one must subscribe to the idea that our government has in its possession nuclear powered tunnel boring machines (T.B.M.) that can melt the walls into a smooth glass surface. Their existence is debatable but I don’t wish to debate that here. I understand that a patent doesn’t equal a working prototype. I also would not like to debate the idea of D.U.M.B.'s either

Some useful links so you can make up your own mind:

The September, 1983 Omni ran a picture story on the "Subterrene," a nuclear tunnel-boring machine developed at Los Alamos. The machine burrows through deep underground rock, heating it to a molten state (magma), which cools after the Subterrene moves on. The result is a tube with a smooth, glazed lining that can be used for the high-speed transport shuttles that link the sub-base complexes.

www.subversiveelement.com...
www.projectcamelot.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The patents:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

A good thread about it- www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cab619de4ead.jpg[/atsimg]

What I think we should do is use at least 1 Nuke TBM to bore a tunnel under the point of main leakage, the BOP site, to another point, perhaps miles away. For a faster tunnel, we could employ 2 machines to meet in the middle as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28752b122404.jpg[/atsimg]

Then, we set off controlled explosions (perhaps low yield nukes) at each end of the tunnel, between the tunnel and the oil deposit on one end, and between the tunnel and the main well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efeaf3e85801.jpg[/atsimg]

The intent is to create a wash-off system that would just begin circulating the oil through the tunnel back into the other part of the oil deposit. This would release pressure on the remnants of the BOP pipe, allowing us to cap it there and just seal everything up.

Is this crazy or too simple to work?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmmm... Could work if the oil reserve has a much higher pressure on one side than the other, or if it had a strong flow... The primary problem I see with that is getting something in there to measure it, and then you have more holes.

Possible, though, I'd say, under the right circumstances.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I see you in the boat.
I kinda thought you would be taller.

I don't know if it would work or not but the nuke idea has me a bit uncomfortable.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If the government do have these TBM's then they should definatley make use of them
no idea is crazier than just doing nothing.

Love the drawings

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm going to take a wild guess and say your not an engineer.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That looks good to me. There may be a problem though - the tunneler may run into some layers of oil in crevices which might flood the tunnel before it can complete its mission. I could be wrong though.

I hope that thing is unmanned.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No offense Mate and I know your heart is in the right place, but this has to be the funniest solution I have ever read into this disaster.

You get a solid B for making me laugh my arse off.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Very cutting-edge ingenuity!

I would give it a thumbs-up for sure. Though there is one thing I don't see happening.

This TBM can make the tunnel sure enough. But it has to be made of materials that can withstand the heat which causes the rock, and salt to crystallize-become glass-like. Maintaining the tunnels structural integrity.

I'm pretty sure that the TBM would melt before the materials around it will.

Besides not at ease with any detonation that close to such a volatile mixture.

I have zero credentials to display whether or not I know what I'm going about. But, I like your idea. It may be too ahead of our technology/time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Forget it why would you want to fix the leak?
Do you understand the money that could be made off of dispersants and cleanups?
No really I would love for the peeps in charge to find a solution to this problem.
I can see you put some thought into this but I kind of agree with one of the other posters who commented about running into a pocket of oil then I fear what they would or wouldn’t do with the dry land spill.
But then again your idea is better than mine. The following is a full explaination of my idea and how it works.
( First ….. )
And that is my whole idea!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

An above poster mentioned unmanned...I don't believe that's the case, I think you have to have workers with, unsure on that...

That would put a damper on it, unless it was remote controlled.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
But...... how long would it take to build a machine like that.. that could work underwater, at that kind of depth and pressure? Not a lot of time to waste here.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LynchBP

Ah well somebody just got banned....

I wish I could read his/her post!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Signals...that was truly awesome and very original my friend!

I loved the drawings and yes, i saw you waving at ATS.

I wonder if it is possible to really pull something like what you suggest off? Hmmmm.....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Nice effort. But one major problem....

How does the machine get into the tunnel to begin with?

It must start somewhere. Which means a new hole that would be much larger.

Back to the drawing board...

I still like my idea of a giant umbrella-like thing-a-ma-bob that would be inserted into the pipe and the pressure would force it to open and seal off the leak.

Sorry...no drawing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This would be a good idea, but the land would shift, displacing large amount of ocean water, what does that spell? Tsunami! It sounds like a good idea actually, but I am sure there are plenty of downsides.

new topics

top topics

join