It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world 2013 Says NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

End of the world 2013 Says NASA

www.asylum.com

Today we heard another: The earth is going to be hit by a barrage of solar flares in 2013 when the sun's magnetic energy cycle coincides with its 11-year peak in super-powered-sunspot activity -- but this time it wasn't a maverick amateur making the predictions. It was freakin' NASA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fas.org
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7819201/Nasa-warns-solar-flares-from-huge-space-storm-will-cause-devastation.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[ /url]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Im new here so forgive me if this is done wrong. I checked to see if anyone posted this yet but all I found was the 2012 stuff and nothing on the actual news articles.

I am very glad NASA actually made a statement instead of leaving everyone in the dark though... this seems like pretty big news that everyone needs to know about.

Below are some more links to different news sites I found with different information on this event.

www.asylum.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sorry, just found another post about the same thing... below is the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crmorris

I would say this is old but apparently its new...
Basically a scientist by the name of Michio Kaku said this would happen in 2006 or 2007 now I guess NASA is semi agreeing with him??

Well it Nasa wants to take credit fine, but everyone else saw this on Youtube about 3 years ago.

I personally think its more diversion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh good lord, isn't End of the World being a little extreme?

Electrical devices have the POTENTIAL to be harmed, but shame on the author of this article for titling it what he has, no doubt, just to get page/article views.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
just wondering why do people still believe NASA? they are on the same boat as the gov.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is at least year and half old news.
Even the biggest solar flare can´t do anything to Earth or us.
Only the biggest CME can do some damage to satellites or power grids (transformers) but it´s higly unlikely there will be such in 2013 or anytime in your lifetime.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't know how many more Doom days I can take in the coming years? So now if we make it past 2012... we have to go back on high alert a few days later. It's getting to be like some kind of planetary Sandford and Son... We are always a few degrees from " I'm coming for you Elizabeth". Plus, since when did NASA start telling us anything good?
Who cares about moon rocks or ice....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rxinfinity

just wondering why do people still believe NASA? they are on the same boat as the gov.

Except that NASA is made up of scientists and not politicians. Their goals are scientific in case you didn't notice all the probes sent into space and that moon landing thing we had a while back.

What is it with people bashing NASA for no reason? Irrational paranoia at anything even slightly connected to the government

As for the OP NASA NEVER said the end of the world was on the way so the title of this thread is absurd. Yes solar storms could damage satellites and knock out power grids throwing the world into a bit of chaos but that would hardly be the end of the Earth or of human civilization.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rxinfinity

ASK MR PHAGE he still beleives in NASA and, keeps posting 2012hoax.ca
site all the time

He says theres no conspiracy.

I still believe in 2012 and the whole planet x stuff, theres more outthere then what we are meant to know, we already know there are 10 planets in our system, the possibility of a 12 planet is high.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Phage????? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
This is at least year and half old news.
Even the biggest solar flare can´t do anything to Earth or us.
Only the biggest CME can do some damage to satellites or power grids (transformers) but it´s higly unlikely there will be such in 2013 or anytime in your lifetime.

CME's can seriously disrupt the Earth's environment. Intense radiation from the Sun, which arrives only 8 minutes after being released, can alter the Earth's outer atmosphere, disrupting long-distance radio communications. Very energetic particles pushed along by the shock wave of the CME can endanger astronauts or fry satellite electronics. These energetic particles arrive at the Earth (or Moon) about an hour later. The actual coronal mass ejection arrives at the Earth one to four days after the initial eruption, resulting in strong geomagnetic storms, aurorae and electrical power blackouts.

We'll since all CME's can do to earth then is just seriously disrupt the earths environment then we really don't have to worry about the gulf oil spill as all it is going to do is disrupt the earths environment.Since the biggest CME can't hurt us at all then we need not worry about how big the oil spill gets. Whew....I am glad I read the truth.....I can sleep tonight now....Come on people......

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Don't listen to the rest of these posters. This is how its really going to happen. The magnetic storm will be like nothing ever experienced before. The solar storm will damage earths magnetoshere. This is how the end plays out... S&F

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
NASA hasn't gotten it right in regards to the solar cycle in quite some time. Each time an expected change is due, NASA reports "unexpected results".

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crmorris

NASA fear mongering.

The world as we know it will end. A new world will begin.

All are invited, but few will accept the challenge.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Electrical devices have the POTENTIAL to be harmed, but shame on the author of this article for titling it what he has, no doubt, just to get page/article views.

I agree, here's the only bit of information about this news directly from the horses mouth, that being NASA, ...

As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather - NASA

The National Academy of Sciences framed the problem two years ago in a landmark report entitled "Severe Space Weather Events—Societal and Economic Impacts." It noted how people of the 21st-century rely on high-tech systems for the basics of daily life. Smart power grids, GPS navigation, air travel, financial services and emergency radio communications can all be knocked out by intense solar activity. A century-class solar storm, the Academy warned, could cause twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina.

Much of the damage can be mitigated if managers know a storm is coming. Putting satellites in 'safe mode' and disconnecting transformers can protect these assets from damaging electrical surges.

Originally posted by blujay
NASA fear mongering.

NOWHERE on NASA's website did I read that they were predicting the end of the world.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
NASA hasn't gotten it right in regards to the solar cycle in quite some time. Each time an expected change is due, NASA reports "unexpected results".

Uh oh!

Preventative action, however, requires accurate forecasting—a job that has been assigned to NOAA.

"Space weather forecasting is still in its infancy, but we're making rapid progress," says Thomas Bogdan, director of NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, Colorado.

I guess we better keep our fingers crossed that their future predictions are more accurate or we may be living in the dark for a while.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Can we turn this into another drinking game?? Please.. the kids are home and it is summertime.. and well.. this could make my summer quite fun!

Will we be hit with solar flares.. yes.. will it be a game changer?? I dunno. Guess we will have to wait and see folks.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Didn't you know? All threads on ATS have to proclaim that the end is nigh. Must be a new rule

(Certainly looks that way from all the doom-mongering going around at the moment anyway
)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm gonna go "boo" and "hiss" on the title. Why not simply honestly report the story? You may get more traffic from a sensationalistic, let's just say, exaggeration, but you suffer in terms of your credibility as a poster and in general bring down the whole site's overall effectiveness. In other words, cut it out! I would have bet (comfortably, with no fear of losing) thousands that the article didn't say what your title claimed before clicking on it. Why is this so prevalent on ats?
ps. i realize the member only repeated an exaggerated title. but nasa isn't saying its the end of the world in 2013. that's the point.
[edit on 16-6-2008

[edit on 16-6-2010 by joechip]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Does not matter because in 2012 the space light lizzards are going to eat us all. David Ick said so and it is pretty much fact because Icke is the GOD HEAD.

<<   2 >>

join