It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Space Capsule Returns. Suspicious Contents?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A Japanese capsule recently returned to Earth after a long voyage to an asteroid some 1 Billion+ miles away. The capsule is said to contain asteroid dust, but do you think it could contain something else? I don't think so, but it is interesting to see what someone will come up with.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What like the blob?

I dont think it will have anything else in it. It will be interesting to see the results of what is in it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Probably not.

If one came here from another planet I couldny resist leaving something that would confuse the hell out of them, like marmite and a rubix cube.

Maybe they have left us somethiing weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ah haa.. The Blob..

If you see people getting digested by a big pink/red blob then beware...

If anything though, a 'bit' of dust is most likely.
Which is what the scientists expect.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by N1ghtCr4wl3r

post by N1ghtCr4wl3r

What makes you think the capsule has returned with "Suspicious Contents" .
In what way do you think the contents may be Suspicious ?
Why is this in the Aliens and UFOs forum , do you think they picked up ET .
The capsule may contain nothing due to a malfunction with the mechanism

Analysis has shown the Hayabusa spacecraft's capture mechanism malfunctioned at the moment it was supposed to pick up the asteroid rock fragments.

It's probable that no one knows what if anything is in the capsule yet .

It could be some months before scientists are able to say with confidence that Hayabusa did indeed capture fragments of Itokawa.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I understand that, I am perfectly able to read the news myself, thanks mom. But I find some answers on here amusing sometimes.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I am perfectly able to read the news myself, thanks mom.

You're welcome son , now go to your room and write out "there is no boogy man in the hyabusa capsule " 100 times

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haha good one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by N1ghtCr4wl3r

Analysis has shown the Hayabusa spacecraft's capture mechanism malfunctioned at the moment it was supposed to pick up the asteroid rock fragments.

It could be some months before scientists are able to say with confidence that Hayabusa did indeed capture fragments of Itokawa.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The device malfunctioned and got nothing is the most common used diversion tactic. CERN malfunctioned and did nothing. The Air Force space plane test malfunctioned and we lost contact. See the pattern? There are dozens more. Sure a couple are probably legit, but not all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by gortex

post by N1ghtCr4wl3r

news.bbc.co.uk...

The device malfunctioned and got nothing is the most common used diversion tactic. CERN malfunctioned and did nothing. The Air Force space plane test malfunctioned and we lost contact. See the pattern? There are dozens more. Sure a couple are probably legit, but not all.

What do you think about the recently launched South Korean rocket that they lost contact with less than 2 minutes after launch?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

No, the only pattern is in your fantasies. Where did the AF X-37B 'space plane' malfunction? Surely you are merely confused and unaware of it. You're in good company.... ;-)

My buddy Mike Zolensky was one of the NASA guys in the protective suits kneeling down by the capsule. They were sent in to verify the containment canister was undamaged, and if it hadn't been, there was a fairly vigorous decontamination backup plan, just in case. They take "planetary protection" and back-contamination very seriously.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There do seem to be a lot of malfunctions, though. I suppose one could either see a pattern of conspiracy, or just chalk it up to sophisticated machinery failing often due to it's extremely sensitive design ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think that in order to contribute to this thread Im gonna have to answer both the main thrust of the OP and also a point I saw made by another poster.
First, with regard to the possibilities surrounding suspicious contents, I have to say even the wildest speculation, even the most humble of guesses, is a monument to arrogance. We cannot know till we have had a look. We can assume , and we can hypothesize , hell we could pontificate about it for ten years and still know nothing more than we know now. Same as Mars, and venus, and every other interesting space based topic. Only observation can teach us anything ... wild guesses are not , contrary to popular belief , constructive parts of a scientific evaluation of a set of circumstances. They are wastes of processing time and little else.
My angle on the fail rates of space exploration vehicles , and new science apperatus in general boils down to this. We made it to godamn complicated, too many pipes, to many materials, too little sense, and no simplicity. Famous sci fi references to over complicated plumbing aside, I think thats the best short answer.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Here you go... a bbc article WITH PICTURES of the containment container... WITH dust particles!

Hayabusa capsule particles may be from asteroid [bbc.co.uk]

Personal Disclosure: For those that are interested here is a thread I created on this a while back...
Japanese spacecraft to land in Australia (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
My angle on the fail rates of space exploration vehicles , and new science apperatus in general boils down to this. We made it to godamn complicated, too many pipes, to many materials, too little sense, and no simplicity. Famous sci fi references to over complicated plumbing aside, I think thats the best short answer.
[edit on 15-7-2010 by TrueBrit]

That's probably the most sensible answer, occam's razor, etc. But where there's seemingly a pattern of multiple failures, you've got to expect some speculation, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
What like the blob?

Lmao. Made me chuckle that did

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snow.In.Summer

Oh absolutely , couldnt agree more... and the questions that those patterns bring to mind, should be asked and answers sought. Otherwise the cheeky monkeys will pull alot more stunts to keep us out of the loop. But when a logical answer comes up, its sometimes the right one

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

But when a logical answer comes up, its sometimes the right one

Indeed, it is often the right one. But not always the most fun to discuss

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Very true... Thats why I prefer the topics which include a basis for a geniunely crazy discussion !

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I would leave them the Obama administration! Not even seventh dimensional beings could figure those guys out!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join