It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Concerns of mine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i posted this in another thread but for anyone who didn't read it.......

All downtown Toronto Hospitals won't receive any drugs until after the weekend.

All shipments have been sent to an emergency holding location......

Protesters be safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Yeah, from what I understand he turned out to simply be an avid outdoors-man as well. The items in his vehicle weren't technically illegal, but could be construed as dangerous in the wrong area... the idiot drove right up to the restricted zone.

Some of you may be wondering, if they're not illegal items, then why did he get arrested?
Walk up to a police officer holding a baseball bat in the air and ask the same question.

The man has no street smarts.
Not exactly what I'd consider a threat, my concerns are far bigger than just this guy.

reply to post by mslag67

I had not heard they were withholding drug resupplies to the hospitals.
Do they think they'll get rushed by junkies?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
aaaaand... there's more.

Apparently on Monday, extended powers were granted to law enforcement agencies in and around the G20. Not entirely unexpected, but the new powers in the Ontario Public Works Protection Act read allot like Martial Law, in that anyone within 5 meters outside of the security exclusion zone must provide identification, and give a justification for being near the wall.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Failure to provide ID or a adequate justification for your existence there carries a fine of $500 and 2 months in prison.

So yeah, it's martial law.

But... I can't say I blame the police... I just blame the politicians for being so inexcusably idiotic as to hold the G20 in the heart of our largest city.

To any Torontonians reading this... do yourself a favor... just stay away from the downtown area. There's too many reasons to count as to why you should stay clear... so just don't go anywhere near the downtown core.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Updates : I'm following a few good update sources here....

mobile.coveritlive.com...
This is a feed of communications from CBC reporters all over the city.

If you go to www.cbc.ca, you'll find live feeds keep popping up in the recent area. These feeds are live shots from cameramen on the ground in and around the protestors and rioters.

In the last hour, two were arrested for possessing molotov cocktails.
A police car has been smashed up on queen and spadina.
A crazy man has stripped down and began simulating sexual positions on the war memorial.
Military helicopters are patrolling the city.

... oh yeah, and 3 black Chinooks just flew over my apartment... that was cool, at least, they looked like Chinooks.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, for those who were getting their updates from me regarding the teargas, fires, and violence in the G20 via chat... I just accidentally dropped the "s"bomb and I'm currently banned from chat.

Because I can no longer provide you all live updates (would have been nice to have a warning) I've found a link to a rather good summary of events so far.

www.cbc.ca...

Can't remember the alias of the guy I was chatting with who had the daughter downtown, but to keep you calm, most injuries are minor... so I'm sure she's ok.

My presence here has been rendered pointless now... so I'm logging off.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Good morning all.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f761ee3b3b1.jpg[/atsimg]
One heck of a day yesterday eh?
Got the image from CBC. Nice shot.
Recap :

-Over 500 have been arrested downtown now.

-4 Police vehicles have been torched.

-A disgusting amount of damage to public and private property all over the city.

but, the good news :

- Nobody managed to breach the inner security perimeter.

- Nobody got killed.

Hopefully today (Sunday) will be a more peaceful day. The authorities say they've weeded out allot of Anarchists, and they're hoping they got them all. Some tried to take shelter in the University campus, and others attempted to hide in the sewer system of all places.
Many of the Anarchists didn't speak English... so where they came from is anyones guess at the moment.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Many of the Anarchists didn't speak English... so where they came from is anyones guess at the moment.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by johnsky]

Maybe they where from Quebec?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Thats the thing, most Quebecois speak some English at some level. And it wasn't just French they were speaking, there were many languages heard amongst them.

Perhaps they're just claiming they can't speak English just to cause problems. Who knows.
I'm just going by what I heard from the police on the matter regarding the language barrier.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow. What a weekend.

Alright... I'm finishing this thread with a bit of an exit speech.

One : I'm incredibly happy that no-one took advantage of the transit hubs remaining open in order to deliver some undesirable ordinance during the G20 which would have resulted in a rather catastrophic chapter in world history.
The possibility was ever present, but nothing happened. Having surveyed the area myself, I cannot express how lucky we are that no radicals took advantage of this.

Two : No-one lost their lives during the chaos that ensued downtown. This in itself is worth a sigh of relief a million times over.

Three : I am still FUMING about the Federal governments decision to host the G20 in the heart of Toronto. This was above all one of the DUMBEST ideas I have EVER witnessed. There were countless places to chose from which would have resulted in ZERO property damage, ZERO threat to civilians, and ZERO need for this billion dollar bill for security.

Hosting it in Toronto was mind-bogglingly STUPID.

I used to vote conservative... but after this display of absolute stupidity in planning, I have zero faith left in the conservative government. Who I will be voting for in the future is a question I will have to ponder... but I can guarantee you, after this, I WILL NOT BE VOTING CONSERVATIVE.

People who are idiotic enough to make a decision like this cannot be trusted in affairs regarding the rest of this nation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join