It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Military Takeover Advocates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Above all, let it be seaid the General (and later President) Washington was a man of honor, something not seen iin many, many years in Washington. Ron Paul and Michelle Baucus being the exceptions, in my opinion.
If we are to save this Nation, and return to the principles on which she was founded, then we must pray ferverntly for Washingtons, Franklins, Jeffersons, Paines, and Adams. (Samuel and John.) We need to Pray for our Leaders, that Divine Providence will guide them. And if those Leaders chose to ignore the leadings of God, then pray he will send us Leaders who will submit themselves to His will and His Guidance.
(A note tp all the nonbelievers who will blast this part of the thread. If you don't believe, it does you no harm. Allow those of us who do believe to indulge in what you would call delusions.) Old Thinkier, were are you when I need you?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I agree. We don't need weak leaders who are simple pawns of corporations or only care about their own political image. And, we certainly don't need a military takeover. We need strong, wise, sincere leaders who know they'll have to answer to God if they don't uphold justice and serve the people. We need leaders who have confidence in God; leaders who will stand up against corruption without fear.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The number of threads on here advocating military overthrow of our government is increasing rapidly. It seems more and more are jumping on this bandwagon.

I have a simple question for all those who are on board:

If the military overthrows the government, who then controls the government?

That's right, it's the military. Now, how many of you are on board with military dictatorship ruling this 'land of the free'? How many of you realize you are openly advocating for the implementation of a true totalitarian police state?

Yeah, thought not.....
Carry on....

You are thinking Nazis, not our military. When the minions who have ruined our far country have been arrested and charged with high treason, some sort of governmental entity will have to stand, and our military is the ones charged to do this. This will only stand until general election can be held, and a prop[er civilian government can again be installed.
Make no mistake about it, the lawyer/bankers running everything will not last for much longer. wheels are already turning for their removal, and they know the end is near for them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well there is no freedom...

And what do you mean, Military jumping on the band wagon?

Last I heard, they still did what they were told too.....

Military can't over throw government, it is all corporate and the only way to beat a corporation is with the same paper BS games they play.

The military can't overthrow the government? I would not be so certain of it.

As you should know, a group of elite bankers and businessmen had their representative approach General Smedley Butler on numerous occasions in an attempt to have him lead a coup against FDR and his "New Deal".

"Given a successful coup, Butler said that the plan was for him to have held near-absolute power in the newly created position of "Secretary of General Affairs," while Roosevelt would have assumed a figurehead role."

SOURCE

SOURCE

And yes I can see a situation arise where the Bankers, Congress, and Corporate entities operate so far from the Constitution, that the military will step up and confront their unconstitutional activities, and stage a coup, and temporarily hold power until another election, by the people, could be held.

The military and all it members have taken an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I think traitorous Congressmen and Senators fall into that "domestic" category at some point near the end of the spectrum.

The military can function without politicians but politicians can not rule without military backing.

In the last 17 months, BO has held back on the requested requirements of the military in Afganistan, bad mouthed the military on Gitmo, and has shown a general disdain for the military. If our economy was knowingly destroyed by the bankers and politicians, and foreign troops were brought into the United States to enforce martial law on the American people, how much more of this do you think the military will put up with?

Not much and hopefully before irreversible damage could be done.

At this time I believe the American people have more faith in our military leaders than those elected by the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You're right, my bad... got Jackson mixed up...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I can see Obama's out scoring more points with the military.

Recalling and reaming out Gen. Stanley McChrystal's backside and possibly replacing him is a great morale builder for our troops in Afganistan as our major offensive is about to begin. I betcha every command officer is just as please as punch about this one.

There must be a reason why Gen. McChrystal made such statements to the press. And to the Rolling Stone, no less. It's quite obvious to me that the military does not have much respect for Barry and his band of renowned.

Other than the 33% that will never, I repeat never, give up their support for BO, I believe BO has pissed off just about everyone else in the U.S. And now the military.

Let's see how this one plays out.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The number of threads on here advocating military overthrow of our government is increasing rapidly. It seems more and more are jumping on this bandwagon.

I have a simple question for all those who are on board:

If the military overthrows the government, who then controls the government?

That's right, it's the military. Now, how many of you are on board with military dictatorship ruling this 'land of the free'? How many of you realize you are openly advocating for the implementation of a true totalitarian police state?

Yeah, thought not.....
Carry on....

You are thinking Nazis, not our military. When the minions who have ruined our far country have been arrested and charged with high treason, some sort of governmental entity will have to stand, and our military is the ones charged to do this. This will only stand until general election can be held, and a prop[er civilian government can again be installed.
Make no mistake about it, the lawyer/bankers running everything will not last for much longer. wheels are already turning for their removal, and they know the end is near for them.

You have a heck of a lot more faith in the military industrial complex than I.

Tell me, how many times in history have those with power simply handed it over willingly?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We the people voted for our leaders. It doesn't matter whether or not the guy you voted for won. The majority voted them in. You wanna change things? Then get involved with the process. Find a candidate you believe in and help their campaign.

Everyone who joins the military takes an oath to defend this country from all enemies both foreign and domestic. Your enlistment/commission may have expired, but that oath has not. If a military coup were to try to take over the government of elected officials, it is the duty of all vets to stop it!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
we cant fight against each other. we have to fimd common ground and fight for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yes we should pray to our god, for health,wealth and sovernty.but there is times that we feel that our god doesnt want us any more. He does and he rewards for following him will be gtreat

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You make a good point, you should have put that George Washingtom hd slaves og his own, though he treated them dearly for what would have happened to this country if it not for black and native slaves.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You can hope and pray. Im gonna fight for me and my family. I hope youll say a prayer for my family.Dont pray for me cause im fightin for god.If i die i will be in gods army.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmy82

We should talk more, i dont think that our forefathers wanted us to be in this bad of shape

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join