It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Military Takeover Advocates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The number of threads on here advocating military overthrow of our government is increasing rapidly. It seems more and more are jumping on this bandwagon.

I have a simple question for all those who are on board:

If the military overthrows the government, who then controls the government?

That's right, it's the military. Now, how many of you are on board with military dictatorship ruling this 'land of the free'? How many of you realize you are openly advocating for the implementation of a true totalitarian police state?

Yeah, thought not.....

Carry on....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Im not sure if you heard of the American revolution.

After we beat the British, the general of the continental army became our first president.

Im pretty sure he did a good job getting this new country going.

Just food for thought.

He is on our 2 most common forms of money, the dollar and the quarter. So I think our country will be fine if it happens again. we have leaders that can step up if given the chance, we just need to give them that chance.

SM

[edit on 16/6/10 by SkyMarshall]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well there is no freedom...

And what do you mean, Military jumping on the band wagon?

Last I heard, they still did what they were told too.....

Military can't over throw government, it is all corporate and the only way to beat a corporation is with the same paper BS games they play.

Otherwise trying to kill a Central bank with a gun is impossible...Unless you get the credit borrowing computers...on 55 Water St. NY, NY.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
arnt you kind of ruled my the military in the first place and isnt that the thing you want to over throw? along with the banks and corparations.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall
Im not sure if you heard of the American revolution.

After we beat the British, the general of the continental army became our first president.

Im pretty sure he did a good job getting this new country going.

Just food for thought.

He is on our 2 most common forms of money, the dollar and the quarter. So I think our country will be fine if it happens again. we have leaders that can step up if given the chance, we just need to give them that chance.

SM

[edit on 16/6/10 by SkyMarshall]

Good point, but you can hardly compare the two. The american revolution was truly led and executed by the civilians, not by a mandated military.

It was also a COMPLETELY different situation as far as where the revolution was coming.

I get your point, but it does not compare, at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah we are trying to DETHRONE the current military-corporate empire that currently runs our lives lol.

The heads of the corporations are our masters

They write the laws they tell us how to live.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

Well there is no freedom...

And what do you mean, Military jumping on the band wagon?

Last I heard, they still did what they were told too.....

Military can't over throw government, it is all corporate and the only way to beat a corporation is with the same paper BS games they play.

Otherwise trying to kill a Central bank with a gun is impossible...Unless you get the credit borrowing computers...on 55 Water St. NY, NY.

You missed the point. I wasnt saying the military is jumping on the bandwagon, I am saying there are a lot of armchair quarterbacks jumping on this idea from behind their computer screen.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah we are trying to DETHRONE the current military-corporate empire that currently runs our lives lol.

The heads of the corporations are our masters

They write the laws they tell us how to live.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but that is ABSOLUTELY who write and executes the laws.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well a bunch of people typing is not going to solve anything....

They can kick and scream all they want, but nothing will change...

And I do not know where you find the people typing saying the military should do something.

It's not like it is an article....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

Well a bunch of people typing is not going to solve anything....

They can kick and scream all they want, but nothing will change...

And I do not know where you find the people typing saying the military should do something.

It's not like it is an article....

That's kind of my point. Look up and down the threads from the last couple of days. The number is increasing rapidly, which is why I made this thread.

If you aren't one of the people advocating it, this wasn't directed toward you.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When we think of the American Revolution, we tend to think of the Boston Tea Party, and the Battle of Lexington first. But people forget that Before the Declaration of Independence was penned, before the first shot was fired, the colonies sent letters to the King, hand delivered by ambassadors of the colonies. These men spent 6 months, one way, to deliver these letters, which protested taxes and tarriffs and sought relief from the burdens they imposed. This went on for several years, before General Washington agreed to lead the troops.
We have the right to a redress of grievences. It's called the ballot box. Unfortunately people don't use it. We also have the right to a referendum to recall officials who are not doing their job.
And lastly, while I fear a civil war, remember that the government you get may be much worse that the one you have.
I don't know any Geroge Washingtions, Thomas Jeffersons, James Madisons, etc. running around.
God Save The USA!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I just state what Is and try not to bash anyone.

I get my fair share of being flamed, due to incompetency.

The Military isn't ours, its the U.S. corporate elite.

So people look blindly to something that isn't ours in the first place.

I rely on myself and no one else, because no one will be there with a handout when trouble comes.

It is not a matter of If, but a matter of when.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMarshall

Can you do me a favor? Just a small one? I'd like you to find yourself a good history book on the establishment of the three branches of government, with special emphasis on the executive branch... more specifically, research exactly how George Washington came to be our first President and his personal feelings on the matter...

See, he didn't even want to be on the ballot... but he was... on the ballot. Did you pick that part up? He was elected. Not thrust into power by the hands of the Continental Army because they stormed the Continental Congress and took it over.

There is absolutely no equating the two... and to attempt to do so shows a serious lack of historical understanding and foresight.

Oh, and for the record, Washington wasn't the only general who was elected to the office of the President. I seem to recall one General Ulysses S. Grant after the Civil War (you know, the dude on the $20 bill?). If you're honestly going to play this game, take a gander at the disaster that was his administration - Washington was the exception to the rule, not the rule itself as far as the ability of career military men to properly administrate a government.

I'm not trying to sound insulting, but sometimes I have to question the intellect of people who illicit horrid ideas as though they've just invented the light bulb.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious? We want a military dictatorship established by a coup d'etat instead of a democratically elected president.

Sheesh, talk about dumb.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
hmmm not sure who has been in support of military take overs, I just want a new government that is truly of the people by the people and for the people.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

legion, not to be a nitpicker but I think Grant is on the Fifty.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Washing on 1

Lincoln on 5

Hamilton on 10

JACKSON on 20

Grant on 50

the the Esquire for the Queen of England Ben Franklin on 100

People should really look at what paper notes they exchange...it is pretty sad what people don't know.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

And Salmon P. Chase is on the no longer printed $10,000 note. Not that it matters. A note of that size is worth about $10.00 at this point in time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Take it a step further. You are leaving out THE biggest political corporation of all! Where do the laws come from?

When commerce and government falls....the RELIGIOUS entity will come forth to take over. The "Man of Peace" will appear, speaking on behalf of "Jesus" now (instead of pretending to speak directly for "God" as they have in the past) and with a smaller group of people left in the world (after the coming event) people will be ripe for bonding and organizing. And RELIGION is the organizer. They are already set up and prepared to usher in their Dominionist Kingdom of "Peace". You will be walking right into the next trap that has been set up and prepared.

Why do churches have bells? Because the cows are being herded.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I know he wasn't the only General elected President, I also know that when he was elected president, his cabinet wanted to refer to him as "Your Majesty" but he refused that title because he didn't want this country ending up like the one they fought to get away from.

This point of the statement was that this country can do just fine when the old government is replaced with a new one with a leader that commanded the military that just overthrew the old government.

So before you go jumping down people's throats, understand what a person is trying to convey, instead of just arguing the statement itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join