It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese actors play North Korean football fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What a sad, sad state of affairs...

The Roles of their Lives: Chinese actors play North Korean football fans

It's a shame that those fans weren't actually North Korean. The almost touching displays of North Korean patriotism were in fact put on by Chinese actors, ahem, "volunteers." Hired by the China Sports Events Management Group and the North Korean Sports Committee

I wonder, might North-Korea win (yeah right!!) if the people of North-Korea will ever know....

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks to whomever for the flags....

It's just that I cannot believe there are people in this world who are denied the freedom to watch a stupid game!!

I would love to be the guy who starts those national anthems at the beginning of each game. I would "accidentally" switch the North Korea anthem with the Chinese one the next time NK plays.....just to screw with there heads.

Peace

edit to add: And of course FIFA doesn't mind. They are not into political statements....just the money. When the NK trainer was asked, after the match, if he didn't feel it was a shame that in his country nobody could see the game, A FIFA representative was all to happy to cut that conversation short by saying only question relating sports were allowed and not political questions.....

I'm boycotting FIFA!!!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
I wonder, might North-Korea win (yeah right!!) if the people of North-Korea will ever know....

Peace

Too true, i was wondering that too. Unlikely they could win a world cup match, but what is the situation back in n korea, with fans etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I added this to my previous post..

edit to add: And of course FIFA doesn't mind. They are not into political statements....just the money. When the NK trainer was asked, after the match, if he didn't feel it was a shame that in his country nobody could see the game, A FIFA representative was all to happy to cut that conversation short by saying only question relating sports were allowed and not political questions.....

I'm boycotting FIFA!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Thanks to whomever for the flags....

It's just that I cannot believe there are people in this world who are denied the freedom to watch a stupid game!!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

There were people executed in Somalia for watching the World Cup.

It's a sad world we live in.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Apparently the match was shown live in N.Korea, that's what I heard anyway. Some said it would only be shown if they won, which would be typical of Kim Jong-Il. but I'm pretty sure it was televised over there.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Well FIFA and South Korea struck a deal that would allow North Korea to watch the games live. (Since South Korea owns the broadcast rights for the entire Korean peninsula)

However it is up to Kim if they indeed get to watch this..

Barton added that the aim is give the North Koreans "aspirations and hopes," but while the ABU is providing the North Koreans with a live feed of the matches, it will still be up to Kim Jong-Il's government whether to broadcast them. It has been reported that the only TV station in the country, the state-owned Korean Central Broadcasting, may show the matches one day later.

North Korea seal TV deal for World Cup

And since South Korea has the aim to give the North Koreans "aspirations and hopes", I highly doubt Kim Jong will go along with this effort...

They probably enacted the entire World Cup with actors and are showing the North Koreans how they are winning every match.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join