It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s Military Threatens America: ‘We Will Hurt You’.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Easily done with all the BP fall-out littering the boards.

What are your opinions on whether an all-out war with China would escalate to a nuclear conflict?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Agreed although 1st it will come economically,.. 2nd militarily. Ever since the dynastic days the Chinese have seen themselves a world rulers. Note the name of China in Chinese translates to Middle Kingdom, i.e. center of the world and center between heaven and hell, center as in primary position.

China's focus at this time is Taiwan integration back into China. They will threaten the world economically if anyone interferes when they make their military move to take Taiwan back in the next 10 years.

When that is proven successful they will use the same strategy on a global scale for their other wants. All they need to do is threaten to dump government bonds and company stocks of any country who opposes them. Yes they will lose too but they don't care. As long as the Chinese elite don't suffer too much it will be an acceptable burden of sacrifice made by the proletariat for the long term good of China. Individual rights are meaningless in China, it is all about the greater good. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,... they may as well be Vulcans. they are biding their time, slowly buying up those countries who may oppose them in the future, making them dependent and every time we go to a Wal-mart to save $1.50 on tupperware we are contributing.

No I don't hate the Chinese, I have learned much about their culture and way of thinking and appreciate their tenacity, patience and strategy.

A few quotes by a famous Chinese military tactician to give insight into the Chinese mind:

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance."

"Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

You probably guessed it, Sun Tzu, see any similarities to the Chinese economic strategies of the present day?

Anyways, rant over

[edit on 16-6-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
All we'd have to do is cut all trade with them, start making our own items again. This would help our ecomomy, open up millions of jobs. Without our trading with them, it would hurt their economy. They can't really hurt their biggest customer! I say let them try. It is hard to find any made in America items any more. I remember a time when people started looking more at where their items were made. Maybe we should all start doing that again. I guess some of us never stopped. But anyway, we are their biggest customer, and we could hurt them back!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

could it be their saber rattling is in response to American saber rattling and is just ment to play to each others home crowds?

while other thigs happen
like the fainting patraeous ?
( I saw it on the news and figured it was stress)

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

And how do you propose the government of the USA breaks out of binding international free trade agreements (ie ones that take precedence over national law) and then after breaking the global consumer culture it relies on, somehow magically acquires the resources it needs with no money out of thin air to start manufacturing it's own goods again?

To sell in a market it just destroyed and doesn't exist anymore I assume.

And do you think just because the USA stopped trading with China that the EU would? Or that Australia would basically cut it's own throat by not selling our resources to China?

They can't really hurt their biggest customer! I say let them try.

You've got an $800 billion a year trade deficit and have to keep selling treasuries just to cover your debt repayments. I'd say they are trying. And they are hurting you.

And once again I'd like to point out. You're using capitalism as some kind of pressure against a communist country. Do you really think they care about free trade capitalism?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

The Chinese wouldn't care as long as we hurt more,... and we would. Even if millions in China died of hunger as a result it would be acceptable to them. We on the other hand would not find that acceptable.

If the Chinese stopped exporting tomorrow, called in all the debt we owe them , and dumped all U.S. corporate stock the U.S. economy and the welfare of every U.S. citizen would go into a tailspin, crash and burn. Your savings would be reduced to nothing, inflation would go through the roof. Only those with land to grow food, shelter on that land and no debt would be in reasonable shape to weather the storm,... all others would be totally screwed. The majority of the U.S. population would be screwed. A dependent economy like ours wouldn't be able to gear up quick enough without major deficit spending and a military war to spur it on, even then it would take time. Do we have savings for this kind of deficit spending, no but the Chinese do. Nevermind that the Chinese have bought many of our steel factories lock stock and barrel, bought 'em, took them apart, shipped them to China and put them back together. You can't build a new factory and the machinery to go in it overnight.

It would be bad, a long deep depression,... I dare say never seen before.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slane69

Very true. And I really don't know how happy allies of the USA would be to join them in it. I've often thought as we watch this massive transfer of wealth and power to South Asia I've often considered Australia should claim neutrality.

Before the Japanese attack on the USA in WW2 the Australian's had a very profitable trade with Japan and declaring war on them hurt us badly economically. Had we not picked a side things might have been different. But we didn't really have a choice then.

We do now. Which do we pick? China? the USA? Or neither?

It's a tough choice.

Exclusive: Yuan revaluation not key: Australia

"There is a clearly a major global imbalance problem that hasn't gone away. But having said that, the notion that there is a simple solution to those imbalances by Chinese revaluation I think frankly is misguided," Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner told Reuters Insider TV.

"I'd have to say if you were looking for the culprits on why these problems have emerged, you'd have to say that the fiscal and monetary policies of the United States in the earlier part of this decade would be number one on that list," he said.

There is already starting be a shift. The man would have been fired for saying this a few years ago.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well America cant go to war with China and definitely US will be all over if Russia and India decide to join the Chinese bandwagon. They may decide enough is enough lets kick them out of our neighborhood. US cant borrow for a war like given their already huge huge debts. Americans will be devastated.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ok, personaly, and it is just from a logistics point of view, i still think the link pin, for all of these senarios balance upon the head of Israel.
Iran was clearly given the balls to step into the fray when Turkey, which is now Muslim, and democractically removed a pro western sentiment ie: all of the Generals, which by the way is causing Putin to think is russia next, he Putin, has got to side with the usa cause china, is just not listening to the Motherland like it promised it would way back when. Cause China will never forgive Britian for its Colonization methods when Britian ruled China.
And Russia well Russia still hasn't had its chance to rule the world yet, so there eager to eliminate a contender in there own backyard. You think the Chinese are inscrutible,,lol remember what Churhill said about Russia,, an Enigma indeed,,
Korea- originally a Monarchy, Japan assinated the rightfull monarchy and installed there own Puppets, Korea split,, North and South,, take it from there whoever are interested.
U.S.A- and who is able to fight this great,,,Nation whom God Himself has watched over The all seeing eye given to an Nation under God etc,etc,, etc,,
Is done has ran out of time so to speak, the wolves are at the door ie: Dept and the Barbarians are at the gates ie Mexican Border
Are we seeing the death throes of an Nation once under the mighty protection of God Almighty, who's command was give unto the world Freedom, to all those who thirst the water of hope, to the Orphan and the Widow your cloak, its always the say with all great Nations the ideals are noble but the flesh is indeed weak, but i wouldn't want to upset anyone so the U.S.A will reap what they have sown, the few who believe that they can will of course try to change the course of these events and in doing so will probably make things worse, we are that "LastGeneration" we indeed will see all of these things happen, and when Iran,Turkey, or whichever Military
Ship runs the Gaza blockade, that act in and of itself is automatically an ACT OF WAR as specified by whatever charter in whatever country.
And from there its anyones guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain
Let them talk. I say let them attack us...i welcome a war with the chinese.

No im not a warhawk but its the only way to pay off our debt.

We will do what the mexicans did to the french.

Its time we sent a strong message to china to back the -snip- off.

It seems they forgot one of chairman maos greatest quotes "all the power in the world is held at the barrel of a gun". And the unted states has the biggest,most accurate,most technologically advanced gun in the world.

Let them say they will "hurt us".

well i say our generals should say "They may 'hurt' us...but we will wipe them off the face of the earth"

We are being to weak armed with the chinese.

Its time they step in line or get whats coming to them.

Are they really that delusional to think they can defeat us militarily?

DONT MAKE ME LAUGH.

The only thing they have over us i troop numbers. and Numbers stoped mattering during the korean war where we KILLED 1 MILLION CHINESE!

Face it china....you are outgunned and outtrained.

Maybe you should start talking about 'hurting' us when you upgrade the majority of your jet planes from the 60-70s era.

Hell ya, I'm with this guy. If they manufacture their military goods anything like they do the crap they ship over here they're in trouble.
Unless they can sucker us in to a campaign overseas, would be damn brutal. The post that mentioned the Koreas seems plausible to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the brit commander in Afghanistan just said that the war is not winnable

afganistan is a fraction of china

i don't know how you get around that fact

Its considered not winnable only in a classical way.. that we cant get the enemy to capitulate simply becouse they are scatered around hundreds of miles of hard terrain and have cross boarder haven. Militarily they are of little effect. This is really nothing like Vietnam. Rather its the kind of thing Hadrian incountered out in the Scottish frontier but even that was much more than this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
Hell ya, I'm with this guy. If they manufacture their military goods anything like they do the crap they ship over here they're in trouble.

Do you mean the same exact electronic "crap" from Chinese factories and Indian IT industry the American military uses? That stuff?

You American's are so jingoistic and ill informed if you think it's possible to just "cut China off" or engage them in a conventional war. All of NATO couldn't have even beaten the USSR in a conventional war.

If there was a war it would inevitably go nuclear. And some of those nukes would be hitting US soil. You guys freak out over a microwave in Times Square and a commercial air liner flying into a controlled demolition.

I'd highly doubt you'd be anywhere near as eager for this hypothetical war which doesn't even need to happen over which country has the biggest genitals on the world stage after you had a few coastal cities glassed. Or someone just decided to stroll in with some bio weapons across your totally unsecured and porous boarders.

You need to realise China isn't like some third world country you can just go "liberate" a war with China means a war with Russia. And that only means one thing. WW3.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just read the first page but something it seems everyone is forgetting is that We owe China Billions if not Trillions of dollars they have lent us in recent years to keep America afloat. They are our benefactors.

I do not think they want us to pay them back. I think they feel they can take us over for payment.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You're right about China not being a third world country, but who's fault is that?

The US created this beast and the US needs to accept that.

I don't even wanna know what a confrontation between the US and China would be like, best to find a way to avoid that somehow.

All I can say is the US better start preparing for the day when China goes off into the sunset to do their own thing. They need to start setting up the means to support itself economically, internally.

I'm an american, but I hate using the term we.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
China cannot project power. They could have the largest military in the world, and they still could not touch the US, as they have no way to move their troops and equipment over the sea. If China wanted to hurt us, we'd have to go to them, because they certainly cannot come to us. Ground war is right out. If China suddenly started building up an amphibious fleet and carrier groups, we'd know about it, and could stop them. The US Navy DOMINATES the seas. No nation can threaten our borders without getting past our Navy first.

Furthermore, if China were to go to war against the US- we'd cancel our debt to them, and they don't want that. If China went to war against the US, they'd lose the largest market for the goods they manufacture, and the foundation of their economy. They certainly don't want that.

Thats saying a lot... and then theirs this.. Remember that US nuclear sub that collided with the French nuclear sub?

And the US navy dominates the sea?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
China would be stupid to want to start a war in the next 10 years. Why would anyone want to bite the hand that feeds it
That's like me walking into my biggest customer and saying to him I'm going to kick you in the n*ts in 5 years time. Pretty darn dumb

you ever realize they can own us hardcore? They can easily just say we want our bonds cashed in. We can't afford that and down goes our economy. But you ever wonder they would contaminate our children's products? The shrek glasses from mcdonald's comes to mind.

I personally think they are already trying to find ways to dwindle our population. I bet that H1N1 virus was them.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Funny.

Obama gets the same dirty looks from our troops.

LOL

That did make me laugh

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I live In Canada so I wouldnt want a US -vs- China war. way to close to home.
I have read a lot of posts by others regarding the fact that the US owes China trillions of dollars...So I have to ask. and I hope someone can help to answer this question. What happens If one country owes another country money like China and the USA as an example....and the country says "oh were sorry..were not going to pay you back. and infact we feel we dont owe you squat!!" what happens?? who polices such a thing?? who do they call to complain or to collect on the debt??

just curious

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Typical Western arrogance.

I guess you will find out how badly China can hurt you when it happens. You've been sold out by your leaders, and you are sitting there making stupid comments like ' I wish a 5ft Chinese would come over and pick a fight from me...I would love to see that'

I would too, if only to see the arrogance wiped from your face.

If America is to stand a chance in a war against China, they had better start it yesterday.... which won't happen, as you are still asleep in the myth of your own invulnerability.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Im tring to remeber what the agreement was but russia made a agreement by document that if one goes to war the other goes to war as a allie with each other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join