It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aqua Vitae (BBOT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"Good evening sir, I left the file for Operation Aqua Vitae on your desk," said the large mysterious man. "Thank you Mr. Johns," I said halfheartedly. "Is something wrong sir?" He asked. "You know there is," I told him. "Sir I've told you many times already that it is for their own good," He said. I could tell he was starting to get annoyed with me. "Very well then. Now if you'll excuse me I'd like some privacy," I told him.

Continued Below.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Nosred]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if I agreed with him or not as he walked out of the room, but what could I do? In just a few hours hundreds of gallons of oil would be gushing into the gulf, and all by my order. I know it's for the greater good but I couldn't help myself thinking about the fisherman who rely on those waters and the marine life who would be harmed. A lot of suffering was about to occur because of me and how could I live with myself knowing that?

Continued below.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Did I really have a choice to go through with it though? They pressured me to sign the orders, knowing I had to give in. How could I refuse them when they were the ones who got me elected in the first place? I'm merely a pawn in their chess game. A puppet whose strings they can pull.

But maybe they're right, maybe their agenda is for the greater good. We have been addicted to oil for far too long. This might help bring clean energy to America and bring us closer to a Utopia.

Continued below.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
But a Utopia at what cost? No, it's too late now to have those kinds of thoughts. I might as well just think of the positive that will come out of this. How much positive is their though? People will have to leave their homes. It will cost millions to clean up.

Mr. Johns walked in again. "What is it this time?" I asked. "I just wanted to give you an update sir, the operation has begun and we have chosen a scapegoat to draw attention away from ourselves."

Continued below.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Who is it?" I asked. "BP," He replied. "They've accepted our offer and agree to take the blame, all you'll have to do is look like you're trying to do something about the spill." He then proceeded to make his way out of the office. Before he got out the door I said, "I'm having second thoughts about the operation," he turned around "Well I was just thinking of all the damage it will cause." "That's the point isn't it?" He said.

Continued below.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"People will be shocked," He said "It will start a dominoe effect that will give us total control, and just picture it when we have total control. There will be no hunger, no crime. It will be a perfect world."

I had to admit he was right. The world will be better off. God bless aqua vitae; the water of life.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I decided to try my hand at writing, I hope it turned out alright. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You did well!
Good job.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I actually believe this COULD be true. Obama wants gas prices to go through the roof and this "crisis" might just make that happen.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Kaiju]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Great Job Man!

I especially commend your ability to not name any names yet express exactly who you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Yeah, that's what I was going for. I wanted to keep it mysterious but slowly give away who I was supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Great plot developement and emotional struggle. Good job!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Good job

Very well thought out.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Enjoyed reading your story. It has the makings of a good start, but you dropped it at a point that is critical to the story. How do they plan to turn a disaster into Utopia? You need to develop this plot line and finish the story.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to try to work on that whenever I get around to editing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great story! I enjoyed the read.
And you left an expectation for Part II

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You've highlighted the big plan behind the scenes of it all! Great work here Nosered. I enjoyed it thoroughly! This is certainly food for thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I loved the whole mysterious element you gave and I love your story. Great job!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I loved the whole mysterious element you gave and I love your story. Great job!

new topics

top topics

join