It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BBOT] Dad was right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I Enjoyed your Story
As a Father I would have added
The part about
Dad Placed Flowers On My Oily Grave

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank everyone for the continuing comments. I appreciate all of your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I liked it indeed. Some philosophy and a little twist. I was thinking the father would have died up until towards the end.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

For the first short story you have shared, it's a beautiful and strangely poignant piece and I'm grateful that you have presented it here.

A couple of years ago, I also presented my first "public" story here and I understand that it can be difficult to -- well -- let our babies go out into the big, wide world, so to speak.

Thank you,

Mike

PS: Starred and flagged...

[edit on 21/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hey Ceri,
Good job on your story! It had me reading and wanting to know more until the very last word - like any good story should. So many little details that made it real as well. It takes guts to even share a story. Well done dear.

~Tragic~

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thank you so much my sweet friend!

Coming from you it means a lot!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Although it is a bummer that you died in the end, the lesson is a good one! You're right, we should live and not just exist to worry. I loved it. This was a great read.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thank you so much!

I actually started the story with Dad dying, but somewhere as I was writing it, that changed.

I write on the fly, not making a rough draft when I do a short story or a poem, editing as I go, so there was no forethought about that death. It just came out that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just bumping my own story since no one seems to be reading it anymore. Not sure why.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

This was a well thought out and written short story for the current writing contest. ATS does conspiracy theories and so much more. Look around a bit more and you'll find recipes, music and almost anything you can think of. You might want to try your hand at the current contest.

The Bubble Bubble, Oil & Trouble [BBOT] Writing Contest

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I am livid!!!

I only just came back to ATS after a period of abstinence, and I've not looked all over the site, just the "latest up to the minute" oil thread and a few others.

I had no idea about a short-story competition, or recipes for that matter.

I just didn't expect a conspiracy site to do such things.

I am so so so sorry guys and gals.

I will not deny it is a very good story, just thought it was odd to see the post on here.

Dammit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join