It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Commit Harakiri. A suggestion of a Congressman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi I just watched a clip where ab Illinois congressman suggests Harakiri.

I've had to share.

Link

Video from Geenstijl.nl

Your thoughts please ?
Personally I think it is the easy way out. I wouldn't mind if BP CO does it tho.
He has proofed himself to be unworthy to breath the same air we do. ( Just my opinion )

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Personally I think it is the easy way out.

....Plunging a blade into one's gut and then dragging it across sideways spilling entrails onto the floor - You call that an easy way out?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yes. I think it is running away from responsibility.
However I don't mind it when these are resolved first.

That would only make it a thing of honor. A thing that BP CO does not have and is invisible in the world today. ( or so it seems )

People always experience pain. IMO a lot more than a blad through the torso.
Don't let a little pain be the basis of your judgment.

When someone likes to afflict damage to himself because they are responsible. Let them.
But 2 minutes of pain is IMO the easy way out.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

People always experience pain. IMO a lot more than a blad through the torso.
Don't let a little pain be the basis of your judgment.

You refer to disembowelment as a 'little pain'?

....Okay there rambo.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw this congressman interviewed this morning....and personally I agree with his feelings on the BP matter. However, I would prefer to capture these BP jerks and turn them loose in the swamps and let the locals have at em!!!

This would make for great reality TV and the profits from viewership could go to the BP clean-up escrow fund!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i have found that westerners do not understand the concept of japanese harakiri (suicide)

it is a technique to be employed to end one's life when one has totally emersed oneself into shame, not meant to be used simply because one has failed miserably at something

for instance, if bp created the oil spill, it's up to them to clean it up, they still have a chance to do something honorable about it and clean it up, if they just commited suicide then they would just be leaving the rest of us with the mess to deal with

haraki is meant to be used when someone has totally painted themselves into a corner, metaphorically speaking, and has shamed themselve to the point where they can no longer do anything to lift that shame, and instead of living with that shame, in the japanaese samurai philosophy, the only honorble thing to do is to commit harakiri or seppuku, i forget the difference in the terms as i do not speak japanese, but i do understand the philosophy behind the thought

harakiri

bp should not just commit suicide, if that's what you want them to do, then you might as well be satisfied with what they are doing now which is trying to avoid as much responsibility for the mess as possible right now, they need to step up their game and fix what they started

[edit on 6/16/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No that's not what I mean.

Only that the pain will soon be over. Gauranteed, with luck even faster do to the bodies endorfines.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LynchBP

Hi

Fellow Dutch man I assume.

Please back away from the capslock... Please ?

I can only say that I agree with you. We are responsible.Just as we are responsible for our government. A government that acts in our behalve and makes sure people like BP are not taking unnecessary risk.

I'm very much aware of the fact we are responsible. But... we vote with the idea our governments look after the responsibilities we can not. But I agree we should all make the effort not by extra tax but by starting in our homes, stop our ridiculous consumerism. Please feel free to make people listen and understand. I try, I do.

They don't listen. Turn their head and walk along.

~ Sinter

new topics

top topics

join