It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I object to this blatant disinformation and propoganda by ATS on their home page

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Might aswell put a banner up showing the US & UK military and the text can say 'killing the innocent for peace & OIL' !!!!!!!

The banner is not needed and in my opinion lessens ATS as a site

... and a STOP PRESS, STOP PRESS.... It's not the Taliban, but the gold in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Well said, I too was shocked when I saw this yesterday but I wasn't sure if there was a thread about it. I thought that ATS should be impartial but from this banner, clearly they're not.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Screw BP..... who cares how accurate the banner is .... How accurate is BP in the information they are releasing.... What's good for the goose as they say... furthermore i wouldn't be surprised if this is in a memo thats out there or something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I thought it was a bad idea, too.

I mean Springer you complain when the members are quoted, on another website out of context.

and then you go an make up quotes, like this...

I dont think it is right,you tell us to deny ignorance. and post anti BP propaganda. wihtout even mentioning the other companies involved.

this is no better than the "free press"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think it should be removed.

We don't know the facts and this is a biased view on the situation. Granted BP have screwed up big time. but none of us know the truth as to what has happened.

Take it down.

I'm also going to go as far to say that i'm not going to contribute to the site again until it is down.

Actually on another note I am pretty fed up in general of the banners that have been up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tappy
Well said, I too was shocked when I saw this yesterday but I wasn't sure if there was a thread about it. I thought that ATS should be impartial but from this banner, clearly they're not.

Do you know what ATS is? Let's Google it:

Conspiracy related discusion about a wide range of topics in the Above Top Secret website discussion forums.

A conspiracy site folks. We focus on conspiracy. Jeez, anything to get bent out of shape about.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

put up a poll then, and let us decide that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

put up a poll then, and let us decide that.

Why? Admin has made their decision, it's done.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thanks for homing in on my reply there

I'm well aware of what ATS is
I just have a problem with it's impartiality, as I said. That's all.

Nothing to get hung about

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I think if a large portion of the users object to this. than maybe you should listen to what they are saying. no need to get all high and mighty.

Why can you not take critism? why ask for the users thoughts on improving the site, then basically saying "well screw you guys, its our Website" when people see something wrong.

I don't appreciate the "I HAVE SPOKEN" attitudes to be honest.

[retarded spell check, messed up what, i originally typed]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
After watching the owner of a company that shrimps in LA yesterday, I'd say criticizm of BP's leadership is well founded.

They gave him a check for under $200,000 after five weeks, not the three days they are claiming on interviews, even though his losses are over 3.5 million just in loan liability alone.

BP is doing way to much lying! It is clear they are not being genuine. There is simply to much evidence they are playing for the camera's while giving the victims the finger.

If you have $50,000 in their stock, you are likely way richer than most of the people who are being harmed. They can't afford food for their children while you are out perhaps a mid-priced Mercedes. You should be screaming to high heaven about the leadership at BP. Are you? You sat down and emailed them yet?

As to the dividend checks and the penalties, if Obama is breaking any laws I'll side with BP on some issues. Destroying BP, I'll agree is insane and stupid, just like the moratorium is a stupid move.

Yes, these attacks on BP are out of control, but then so is BP's constant PR failures. "I just want to get back to my life".

This idea that satire is somehow liable is insane as well. ATS can do all it wants in that regard. When you have this many people to please, even trying to please everyone is a waste of time.

If BP wants to shut everyone up, drop the front and the media lies. Talk to us. Explain to us. Most of all, make sure the victims don't wait a day more than is necessary to get the money to them. Don't play paper games with people by demanding more and more information until you find a way out of paying them. Don't give a Shrimper facing milliions in loans he can't pay a token payment and expect anything but hatred from the world.

People who own Stock, you buy the liability when you buy the Stock. If you don't know the Market is legalized gambling, why are you investing. It's like loosing on the Slot Machines and then complaining about it. Call the Whaaabulance

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think if a large portion of the users object to this. than maybe you should listen to what they are saying. no need to get all high and mighty.

Not high and mighty, just annoyed at the continual griping from some members. We put in thousands of manhours to keep this site running and it gets on my nerves when any little thing that someone doesn't like becomes an issue.

Why can you not take critism? why ask for the users thoughts on improving the site, then "basically saying well screw you guys, its our Website" when people see something wrong.

Criticism is fine. Thoughts on improving the site is fine. See? You've got the new forum that everyone wanted. SkepticOverlord explained this WAY back in the thread and we still have people griping about this.

I don't appreciate the "I HAVE SPOKEN" attitudes to be honest.

That's cool. I don't appreciate the work that this team does getting dumped on regularly.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I fail to se your point there.

It is a simple banner anyone could knock up in 10 minutes, we are not complaining about the work you guys do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by maximars.

It is offensive, not just the banner but the moderators reaction to all of us who spoke out about it..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I fail to se your point there.

It is a simple banner anyone could knock up in 10 minutes, we are not complaining about the work you guys do.

I agree with you over the banner. Being a conspiracy site has nothing to do with it. With the volume of boards on here covering a diverse range of topics, ATS is far from a standard conspiracy nut site. While I can agree a banner can be used, I think the wording is more than a little political.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

IMO it's social commentary, based on the responses of our members in general.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't like the color,

[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't appreciate the work that this team does getting dumped on regularly.

I REALLY didn't think voicing my opinion on this would be seen as dumping on you guys. That's the LAST thing I would want to do. ATS and its reputation is my concern. Not dumping on the staff...

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't like the color,

You edited 4 times to state that you like the color ?
that is cute.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by LurkerMan

It shows bias.
It shows mob mentality.
We are supposed to above that.

Put away your torches and pitch forks, remove the banner!

Return dignity to ATS!

Here's a quote ATS could put up instead:

May 18, 2010 Tony Hayward CEO

"I think the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to be very, very modest," Hayward told reporters. That same day, when asked about whether he was able to sleep at night in light of the oil spill's disastrous effects, he replied, "Of course I can."

Tony Hayward's most memorable quotes - CNN Money

[edit on 16-6-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
40% of BP is owned by Americans, so some Americans are going to hurt, possibly pensions.

The pipe that burst, where was it manufactured? was it tested before use?
Is there any news at all of the missing rig crew?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join