It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I object to this blatant disinformation and propoganda by ATS on their home page

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
does the truth no longer matter - is any lie accatable as long as you agree with it ??????????????

the alleged " quote " is a fabrication - but the idiots here are so blinded by thier hatred of BP - DESIPTE THE INVONVENIENT TRUTH THAT IT AS NOT ACTUALLY A bp RIG

that any slander of BP is considered acceptable

its truely pathetic

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Your right, im not sure why ATS admins decided to put this banner up..

It's as if they have all decided it was done on purpose.

How about a banner reading..

"Obama is kenyan..end of"

No?

Why not?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Between the pro BP propoganda lurkers and the Israeli dis-info lurkers I sure hope there is room for me. This fractal world we post in that is ATS realy mirrors what happens in the out there world.

Some may not be strong enough to take on TPTB out there, but I will be damned before I back down to any of their hidden propoganda peddlars, even those who have a vested financial interest.

Deny Ignorance, deny underhanded propoganda and the PC excuse to tow their crooked line.

Respects

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
hehehe... gota say I am cheering for the fact that there are few pro on this standpoint and many con-minded towards OP... seriously you should try creating a new account and start over... I find your behaviour condescending, arogant and with a lack of respect to the already numerous victims of this spill... I apologize if you find this offensive as past encounters have shown that it doesn't take much to offend you but this is the result of your own posts.. Hence I take my leave from this thread not worthy of ATS

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

I inherited over $30k BP stock from my grandfather, I bought the $20 k AFTER the incident because it dropped in price considerably and I think it will eventually double my money.

I thought i'd just get my facts right before posting something i'd heard second hand on the forum, but this is from the OP's own mouth.

Anyone with $50,000 invested in a company whose reputation is crumbling by the day, is bound to feel strongly about any banner that appears anti-BP.

I'm not saying Just Wondering is wrong, i guess his/her reaction is pretty natural when they have all those shares, but it's also natural that when the enviroment is dying because of oil, members will mostly give a thumbs up to the banner.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't see it as a quote at all.

There is not quotations and there is no attribution to the banner...to me, that's not a quote.

On the first glance, it appears to be a parody banner. Whatya know? I was right!

Definition of quote: 1. To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source.

Since I don't see any copying going on, and the only people saying this is actually a quote are obviously just trying to ruffle some feathers, I'd say that it is entirely appropriate.

It's not a quote, pick your battles. ROFLMAO.

ATS can remain unbiased while still advertising the forums populated by our VERY BIASED opinions.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Any one defending BP has more of a motive than just an interest of fairness. After reading the posts by JustWondering, I would guess the motive is money. How you can defend the actions of a company that has endangered the livelihood and the very lives of the people of the gulf coast is beyond me. Pull your head out of your.... wallet, and search for your compassion and morals.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I agree completely.
I didn't want the "we" removed to absolve any guilt on my part. I fully cop to my part in this. I apparently misunderstood the banner. I thought "we" was representing BP's position. In other words.

The ocean is just a barrier for BP getting the oil that BP needs.

It wasn't clear to me that "we" means "we, the citizens of the US". I am unfamiliar with the BP ad campaign it's parodying, so maybe that's why I didn't "get" it and thought it looked like a quote from BP. My confusion.

Originally posted by webpirate
I am convinced that the OP Just Wondering, is one of those and he has succeeded in getting ATS to remove a banner that is biased against his company BP.

The banner is still there.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In my opinion, the original version brought attention to the new forum while highlighting how the discussion of our members in that forum is contrary and contradictory to the messaging in BP's global marketing efforts... making it a compelling and valid statement.

I absolutely understand this position. Thanks for explaining it.

It's my firm belief that the only "side" we took in this was that of our members, and calling attention to the overwhelming majority of opinions expressed by our members, as portrayed in an ad parody.

I understand this. And still, it IS taking a position, which I think is perfectly fine, if that's what you want to do. It's a fine line, for sure. I didn't think the previous banner for the political forum was taking a side. I guess it's a matter of perception.

And now that I understand the intent of the banner, I get it. Now that I understand what it is, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I guess, for me, it was a matter of it not being clear. And that's my fault because I didn't know it was a parody of an existing ad campaign... I don't watch commercials.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I inherited over $30k BP stock from my grandfather, I bought the $20 k AFTER the incident because it dropped in price considerably and I think it will eventually double my money.

I thought i'd just get my facts right before posting something i'd heard second hand on the forum, but this is from the OP's own mouth.

Anyone with $50,000 invested in a company whose reputation is crumbling by the day, is bound to feel strongly about any banner that appears anti-BP.

People are always trying to protect the money they actually didn't work for.

Showing that the OP has a vested interest in quelling anti-BP sentiment is damning. Also, quite hilarious.

Now I'm off to spread anti-BP propaganda all over the 'net...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not a quote. If it was appearing as though it were a quote, that would be one thing. It appears as though it's a BP ad. It's called "parody" and is done for effect. Apparently, it's effective.

I would've wrongly assumed more people here would grasp that. Over your heads? I'm a little amazed this crowd isn't more hip.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree that BP should be hung, drawn and quartered for their actions.

But i have to say i was dismayed when i saw this banner.

It gives the impression that ATS has an agenda and, however important and worthwhile an agenda may be, it is still an agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP, but this is par for the course on this forum. They loved all the anti-Bush conspiracies and even gave some their own form. Yet, they whine and cry about anything anti-Obama. To the point they made a "political madness" forum to hide away threads they don't like. They used to run MSNBC banners, but it looks like they finally dropped those.

Face it, the owners have an agenda. My problem is that they aren't honest about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by Just Wondering

I really would like to know just how much BP is paying you Just Wondering. I have been wondering for several week after your continued denials almost that there is even a leak.

If they are paying you as much as I think, do they have any openings? I might could sell out my beliefs if the price were right.....

Here are some of your disinformation threads:
Wheres the Oil? Model Suggests it may be gone.

A message to all oil spill gloomers---Relax

Mob Mentality Takes over in Oil Spill

There is no blatant attack on BP by that headline. ATS is about truth, and I think we have found the truth. They are not just promoting it.

You on the other hand have accused mods of taking sides against you for your disinformation, and now think ATS itself is taking a side of untruth. When in reality, they are only presenting the truth in one concentrated thread and are just trying to call attention that that thread. Instead of having the oil leak threads spread all over ATS.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by webpirate]

Truth

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not a quote. If it was appearing as though it were a quote, that would be one thing. It appears as though it's a BP ad. It's called "parody" and is done for effect. Apparently, it's effective.

I would've wrongly assumed more people here would grasp that. Over your heads? I'm a little amazed this crowd isn't more hip.

Maybe some of us have lives and aren't glued to the tv?
I was not aware this was a parody of a BP commercial. Perhaps it would have come across differently but I doubt it.
It is still taking sides. = not cool

And to those of you who are petty enough to think my investment in BP would sway my feelings you have no idea how wrong you are. Those people that know money realize that business is business and you put your money where it will make more money and not where your heart leads you.
All the good feelings in the world are not going to earn you a dime towards your ROI.

If you knew money you would also know that I am very diversified in my investments in the energy field.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Editorialized imagery that reflects the general tonality of member discussions and opinions has been used before. One example...

Bill, you know better than that. That political ad doesn't take sides, it is anti- Washington not any particular party. That would be accurate if your anti-BP ad would have been anti-Petroleum industry instead.

/sarcasm on

I'm a avid support of Washington, I like everything they are doing....I find that political ad to be UNSUPPORTIVE of my views and THUS must be taken down...

/sarcasm off

That's EXACTLY the same thing the OP did concerning BP, seeing as MOST people on ATS dislike Washington and MOST people on ATS dislike BP's actions.........

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Servo
Yet, they whine and cry about anything anti-Obama.

Source please?

To the point they made a "political madness" forum to hide away threads they don't like.

How is that forum any more "hidden" than any other forum?

I have no dog in this fight, but if you're going to call someone out, at least have something to back it up besides wild conjecture and personal animosity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Maybe some of us have lives and aren't glued to the tv?
I was not aware this was a parody of a BP commercial. Perhaps it would have come across differently but I doubt it.

The ads have been in print extensively. I'd assume you read the occasional journal or newspaper?

When something appears where ads usually appear, and include a logo, and it's obvious the text isn't from the company, it isn't a huge leap to get to "parody".

I hope your sense of nuance is more keen with financial matters than with forum content, for the sake of whomever may be relying on your judgment.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Originally posted by CX

People are always trying to protect the money they actually didn't work for.

Showing that the OP has a vested interest in quelling anti-BP sentiment is damning. Also, quite hilarious.

Now I'm off to spread anti-BP propaganda all over the 'net...

No doubt.

I frikkin knew it. lol

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of upset folk over a simple little banner.

It does echo the "general" member response to the oil spill. I certainly feel that this is sort of BP's stance on the whole issue.

It's also really funny. It's a parody. I've seen far worse on the internet, even this morning while getting my news.

It's just clever marketing.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Don't worry about my investments they are sound,
What you should worry about is being led by the nose by all the discreet propaganda shrouded in parody around you that you don't even realize it is there.
By the looks of things I think you have already succumbed. So sad.

Sheeple much?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join